Author Topic: NOW RECRUITING: Full-time Translation Checker to join our QC team  (Read 16507 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Hello all.

We at Live-eviL Fansubs always strive to bring you the best quality fansubs available on the intraweb. We currently have an opening available for someone to join our QC staff to focus solely on helping to maintain 100% accuracy of translations.

日本語の流暢な日本の方も是非募集していただきたいです。 Tofusensei@live-evil.org にメールしてください。ファンサブでお互いに英語も日本語も勉強しましょう♪

We have some excellent Japanese-to-English translators in our group, but we are human and sometimes make mistakes. Also, sometimes, throughout the course of editing and timing scripts, the meaning of some lines may get skewed. This is where you come in! You will get to view our releases before they go to the public and keep an eye out for any inaccuracies that may arise.

You do not need to put in the same level of script QC as the other QCers, just watch and note any lines that could use an improvement on translation. This will make your life easier and will greatly assist us in maintaining the top notch quality that we have become known for.

The requirement for this is that you must have a very high proficiency in Japanese (not English, necessarily, we can gladly communicate in Japanese as well.)

Please either respond in this thread, email me at Tofusensei@live-evil.org or /msg Tofusensei on irc.enterthegame.com

We look forward to hearing from you!

-Tofu
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:32:28 pm by Tofusensei »
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
Re: NOW RECRUITING: Full-time Translation Checker to join our QC team
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:45:12 am »
I was just wondering if this position is still open.  I'm interested.  I already e-mailed Tofusensei about this but I just felt like posting here just in case my e-mail didn't get received or what not.  I do have a little experience in fansubbing and am a native speaker.  Oh yeah, if the need arises, I can do emergency translation work.  I'm always open to negotiations, so all it takes is asking me.  ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:45 am »
Oooo native ka. Awezooomee. <3

- Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 04:10:59 pm »
I was just wondering if this position is still open.  I'm interested.  I already e-mailed Tofusensei about this but I just felt like posting here just in case my e-mail didn't get received or what not.  I do have a little experience in fansubbing and am a native speaker.  Oh yeah, if the need arises, I can do emergency translation work.  I'm always open to negotiations, so all it takes is asking me.  ;D

tenkenX6, yes, the position is most certainly still available! I would love to talk to you. I will send you an email today and we'll discuss further. Do you know how to use irc, by the way?

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:44 am »
I logged on to the channel when you were sleeping, apparently.  You're three hours a head of me.  Anyways, I guess I can get a hold of you on there one of these days.