Author Topic: Come QC for Live-Evil!  (Read 75279 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Come QC for Live-Evil!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 07:11:33 pm »
Oh yeah, bobby and I got up a Welcome to L-E QC: The Official QC kit for new comers. Gum will prolly tell you what you're getting into, and the kit will tell you how to qc. No worries, just come to the channel as he says. He may appear scary, mean, and unfriendly when you talk to him, and swear a lot but once you're in, you get to talk to the nicer people.  :D ;)

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 01:10:37 am by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline TheManNowDog

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 05:47:15 pm »
I would be most interested in QC'ing for Live-eviL, but I appear to be unable to PM you.  So, as a result, you get this post that makes me look like a fool.  Pity da fool!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 05:50:14 pm »
Pm whom? Me?
* Tsubasa is able to receive pms...

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline TheManNowDog

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 11:20:49 pm »
Pm whom? Me?

Nay, I attempted to "PM" that Gumbaloon fellow, but I fear it failed to be delivered, I know not why.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 07:46:05 am »
Oh ok. Maybe he has pms disabled or something. I personally do that a lot in IRC.  ;) You have to come to IRC anyway so join #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com and have a talk with us.

-Tsubasa

Offline TheManNowDog

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 02:44:48 am »
But. . .But. . . Tha's a lotta' dollaz for ICR.

Offline tbs123456

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 02:44:38 am »
Hi,

First off, I'd like to say thanks for the fansubs. I'm currently watching initial d 4th stage again and have been getting the Under Arrest full throttle(thanks so much!) subs from you guys also.

I saw this post on the live-evil website. I've read through the FAQ and am interested in maybe becoming a QC'er. I was curious as to how fast of a turn around time you are looking for. I'm only able to (usually) watch anything for about 2-3 hours a night during the week(monday through friday), I can't do weekends as I have work and what not. Would this be alright?

English is my main language (speak a little french and I am trying to learn Japanese).

Always looking to piss people off with my own opinions. :D Or, at the very least try to explain why I think something should be one way and not the other in a fairly mature conversation.

I'm 27 so I do meet the 15+ requirement. Although most people would say I don't act it.

I have editing experience (I'm an above novice level user of Final Cut Studio 2).

I'm an apple user, so I hope that wont be a problem. I use either vlc player or MPlayer to watch my anime.

Let me know if you think I might work. Not really picky about what I'd be QCing. If it's a long running series though, I'd like to watch all of the previous episodes before doing any QCing so that I know the characters and what not so that I'd have an idea of how they act and how things are said.

I do have a question for you though. Since you guys subbed the 4th stage of initial d, any chance of doing Battle stage 2? The group OMFG is supposed to be doing this( and I'm supposed to be editing the cut scenes) but he wants to wait until he has done Wangan Midnight before moving onto battle stage 2.

Thanks,

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 03:07:01 am »
Hey, glad to see you're interested.  Please email me at tlynnec@live-evil.org so we can get the ball rolling.  Also, please read this page: http://www.live-evil.org/so-you-want-to-be-a-live-evil-qcer/

As for your second question, no translator has expressed interest in that show, so it is unlikely that we will do it.

Look forward to hearing from you

-tlynnec
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 03:13:08 am by tlynnec »
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline bmfrosty

• Banned
  • n00b Hero
  • Brains!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 03:10:14 am »
I'm an apple user, so I hope that wont be a problem. I use either vlc player or MPlayer to watch my anime.
Most of what we do can be done in OS-X.  Feel free to ask me about it on IRC.

Offline Ninyekka

• n00b Hero
  • Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • Murmuur
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 03:36:56 am »
Hoi!

I've been lurking here for a few years and I'd love to contribute something.  Although English is my second language(French being my first), living and working in Ottawa implies that I must speak and write in English 95% of the time: whether I'm at work, school, with friend or roommates.  Even my boyfriend does not speak a word of French!!

And grammar has always been one of my strong points.  Although I am also rather strong with spelling, I wouldn't really see how that would make a difference, as dictionaries are invaluable tools available to all.

Either way, if you guys are still searching, I'd be really interested.  Most of all, I've enjoyed many series this group has subbed, and I will always look here first when searching for a new serie.

Offline tbs123456

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 05:31:59 am »
I wasn't accepted. :(

Oh well, better luck next time, right?

Anyways, Thanks for the subs and hopefully someday I'll be able to help in someway.

Offline AliceII

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 02:10:21 am »
Hello,

I would like to get involved in Live-Evil staff as a QCer. Actually, I desire to be staff of fansubbers like Ani-Kraze, Ayako or SS-Eclipse, but their requirement is a well-communicated Japanese language. As I see your requirement and my strong ability, I am strongly sure that I will do my best in QCer if you offer me an opportunity.
I have a firm knowledge in Grammatical checker. I was instructed this matter since I was in primary school. By the way, I am still waiting for a decision for Master's degree program in Digital Arts, but I motivate myself to be prompt for a great step by making an advancement study.

I really love watching Japanese animations, such as Shaku No Shana, EyeShield21, Eureka 7, Evangelion, Clannad, Saruka Taisen, as well as your fansubbed animation - Captain Harlock, You're under arrested and Initial D. I will be appreciated If you open an opportunity for me as a QCer staff in Live-Evil.

For more information, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely Yours;
AliceII

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 02:51:55 am »
Hi, AliceII!

Are you familiar with irc? If so, please come find myself or tlynnec on irc.enterthegame.com in #live-evil and ask us about the application process. If you are not familiar with irc, just say so and we'll try to explain it to you!

Pleasure to have you interested in helping us!

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline AliceII

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 02:24:50 pm »
Hi, AliceII!

Are you familiar with irc? If so, please come find myself or tlynnec on irc.enterthegame.com in #live-evil and ask us about the application process. If you are not familiar with irc, just say so and we'll try to explain it to you!

Pleasure to have you interested in helping us!

-Tofu

To be honest, I never play Irc before, but I will find out the way to get it first. If I have some questions, I will ask you immediately.

Thank you for your interest.

Update:
I try it but it does not work. I use Mirc 6.2 and your channel at irc://irc.enterthegame.com/live-evil.

The program said that Network is unreachable.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:53:44 pm by AliceII »

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2007, 03:00:38 pm »
Hi, AliceII!

When you get an open window in mIRC, please type the following commands in order:

/server irc.enterthegame
(wait for it to connect)

/join #live-evil

/msg Tofusensei hi, this is AliceII

and then wait for me to explain further! If you have any other issues, please post back here. Can anyone else explain this better than me? ><

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.