Author Topic: Yawara  (Read 86488 times)

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
Re: Yawara (Ships out on October 20th, 2008)
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2008, 05:32:45 am »
Just to give everyone a heads up...
The Yawara DVD Boxset is due out on October 20th.
AnimEigo is closing their pre-orders on the 10th. Pre-order now, before its too late!

Here's the original email I received from AnimEigo earlier today:

*** You are being sent this email because you have preordered the Yawara Box Set ***

Dear Yawara fans,

We are pleased to announce that the Yawara Box Set will formally close on October 10th, and will ship
from our secret lair on October 20th.  In a mere 12 days, we here at AnimEigo will once again be
entering "the hell of shipping box sets."

In order to ensure that you get your copy as soon as possible, please make sure that your record inour
preorder system is up-to-date and complete.  Make sure the address and phone number are correct;
every time we do one of these, a few people forget that they've moved (grin).

If you are paying via credit card, please make sure your card info is correct (we won't charge the card
until we are ready to ship).  If by check, send it ASAP!  Or you can pay the balance using Paypal at any
time.

Sincerely,
Robert Woodhead
CEO, AnimEigo
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline klarthailerion

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Yawara
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 04:02:59 am »
I really liked the job they did with the set (although I'm a fan of the old, regular "big" DVD cases myself, even if I am well out of shelf space).  I asked them in an email when I was placing a different order whether they had plans on eventually releasing the rest of the series, but I didn't get a response.  Does anyone here happen to have the dirt on that?

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• n00b Hero
  • CP in QC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 02:17:09 pm »
Just marathoned the first box. Great work!

I really hope AnimEigo will do the entire series, and soon  ;D

Offline Wuntvor

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 04:19:06 am »
Since this was moved back into projects, and I saw your April 30th announcement in releases, I am assuming Yawara is once again being subbed by LE.  I am looking forward to it.  ;D
Being the impatient person I am, I have already downloaded episodes 59-124 in the Catalan-Japanese language version with no subs.   :-[  I did find episode 124 released on Nyaa Torrents with the English ASS subtitles.  I opened the ASS file in an attempt to find out who did the subbing, but the only information was about the software used to create it and the version number.  :-\   Anyone have any idea if English subs have been created for Yawara Episodes 59-123?
I will still get Live Evils version as they are released (They are bound to be better translations), but it would be nice to watch the episodes I already have if I can only find the subs for them.  It will also limit the number of Yawara fans who contact LE on these forums, and by e-mail, asking when the next episode of Yawara will be released.  ::)  At this point I would even settle for an English script of each episode.

I suppose I could learn Japanese.  For a guy who is almost 50, I am doing pretty good at picking up the language.  Still, subs or a script, would be awesome!

I will be looking for the English DVD box release at the next Anime Convention I attend this September.  I did see it there last year, but I didn't have the cash to purchase it then.  :'(    I hope it is still available this year.  There is always Ebay and Amazon.

Edit:  I have not seen any progress on this project.  Your site still has it down as dropped licensed, AniDB says dropped as well.  Froth-Bite seems to be gone, I don't see anything new on their site since early 2009.  I asked AnimEigo about whether or not any translations where done for the rest of Yawara and they said they only did the releases for season 1 that they licensed and released.  They actually gave me a link to the same notice you had about them losing the license for the rest of the series, and as much as said get the rest from Live-evil.   ???

Well gang, the ball is in your court now.  What are you going to do with it?  66 episodes left.  If you do 1 a month it will take you 5.5 years to complete the series.   :'(
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:08:14 pm by Wuntvor »

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2011, 03:35:08 am »
And the series lives again!  :o

Offline Wuntvor

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 01:14:28 pm »
And the series lives again!  :o

I want to thank Live-EviL, Frostii, and Saizen for their efforts in completing this project.  Yawara! is a rather large project to take on, but you have  steadily, if rather slowly and sporadically, been working on it for almost 10 years.  The last week has seen a spurt of activity, with three episodes released so far.  I now have faith in this projects rapid completion.  Dare I hope the remaining 60+ episodes will be completed before years end?  If so, I will be a very satisfied peer.  As always I will seed 125% of what I download.  Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Arigatou gozaimasu.  GANBARE!

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• n00b Hero
  • CP in QC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2011, 11:27:05 pm »
Well, with 62 more eps, one TV special, and a film to do, I don't think anyone can promise when the end date is  :)

However, we'll do our best, and the current team is motivated and doing good progress, so look forward to more episodes...

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2012, 09:05:43 am »
Been a while since I posted here.
Here's an update on Yawara!

Episodes 87-88 at RC
Episode 89 is at QC

We're going at a good pace. Just don't pester us with "When will you finish Yawara?"
You'll just delay it further :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:12:08 am by mamochan »
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2012, 07:15:42 am »
Episode 99 is out, 100-103 at RC, 104 at timing...105-109 translated.
We're almost done :)

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 09:43:18 am »
Eps 113-124 at RC status.

We're doing the specials too.

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2013, 02:48:17 am »
All Yawara! episodes are out and complete! Yawara movie is out as well :)
Atlanta Special still being worked on.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2013, 02:50:40 am »
Thanks for the update :).
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii