Author Topic: NANA 2 movie?  (Read 10565 times)

Offline pandaposse

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
NANA 2 movie?
« on: August 31, 2006, 03:41:45 pm »
Wonder if I'm putting this topic in the appropriate location...

So there's going to be a second live-action NANA movie, coming out in December!  http://www.nana2-movie.com

I know Live-Evil has dropped the NANA anime, but you guys did such a fabulous job with the NANA movie and its extras/specials.  Do you think L-E would be interested in subbing NANA 2?

Been an L-E fan for years, I look forward to your future releases!
-pandaposse

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: NANA 2 movie?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:34:55 pm »
That WHOLELY depends on Tofu.

At the minute he's doing little or no fansubbing and is "otherwise distracted" by company of the "female variety". Unless something dramatically changes I think the answer is no.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:54:56 am »
You fail to grasp the whole picture.  Tofu is just a man, he is not a pig, he is not a god.  A man who went off on his own, worked on a few titles without the blessing or approval of the pig.  Such behavior may seem insolent or even disrespectful of the pig, but in his wisdom, the pig chose to allow this behavior, so who are you or I to question it.

He used the live-evil name b'cos live-evil is the group he happened to belong to at the time.  But listen well, that which is done without the blessing of the pig, it is purely temporal in nature.  The deeds of man are the deeds of man alone.  In time, the deeds of man and man alone shall unravel, they shall become lost and forgotten.  At the end of time, the only deeds that will be remembered; the only things that will exist; will be those which are approved or blessed by the pig.  So it is written, so it has always been, so it will always be.  If you don't believe me, here is a picture to prove it.

http://sindo.live-evil.org/pig01.jpg

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:50:55 am »
Okay. The Piggy was cute. I want one!  ;) :) :D ;D

But it still doesn't change the bottom line - L-E is fragmented, weak, and not exactly where it needs to be to really be called anything close to a Fansubbing group.

Yes, Tofu being gone doesn't mean we should pack our bags and close shop, but for the moment, L-E isn't really doing anything. I see N-number of people loitering and Idling in the channels...why are they there? What do they do? AFAIK, there's only two active Sub-units active within L-E: Tsubasa's DAQ unit, and the Matsumoto Unit. Essentially, 2 sideshows are running the whole circus.

Gumba should have said "No, the central core of L-E is crippled and emascultated, and as such, L-E is currently impotent to do anything."

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 07:43:51 am »
That's not terribly accurate Masa.

The Trapp Family Story is coming along nicely and there are other projects waiting in the wings. Especially once I get around to doing my part on one of them...
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 07:56:18 am »
That's not terribly accurate Masa.

The Trapp Family Story is coming along nicely and there are other projects waiting in the wings. Especially once I get around to doing my part on one of them...

*bobby6 is working hard on Creamy Mami too!!!

*bobby6 hopes to have all of the last 7 episodes out within a month or 2 if possible. That is not dead! ;D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 06:03:54 pm »
Um, yeah, the super encore item on our release least has been Creamy Mami lately cause I've forced it to be that way. Bobby has been putting up a lot with my GET IT DONE ASAP sorts of pms and working very hard. I guess when we release Episode 52, she'd want to have a party.  :D Well, we should have one considering this is L-E's oldest project. And so, as the current manager of it, I want to do as much as we could for it. We wouldn't be releasing at this rate (1 episode every 10 days compared to the previous 1 episode every 6 months) if it weren't for retrograde-inversion and PlasticYakuza who have been doing 95% of the qc work. I even made them watch a single episode thrice >__<. Thanks to their patience and willingness to help. Same goes to bobby.

* bobby6|Editing is now known as bobby6|RCfixing
<bobby6|RCfixing> well, guess work calls ;)
<bobby6|RCfixing> work or Tsubasa
<bobby6|RCfixing> hehehe
<Sun_Tze> go ahead girl
<bobby6|RCfixing> or maybe both :)

* Tsubasa <3 you all.

Ok now for some quick stats proving it's not only DAQ|SMACK|QUACK and Matsumoto Mania, see this from Environsphere:
:: Releases ::

Date Release Size CRC
2006-10-04 Detective Academy Q 28 184160256 6BB1B471
2006-10-02 Galaxy Express 999 13 183525376 93A14460
2006-09-29 Creamy Mami 47 211414682 9D598798
2006-09-19 Creamy Mami 46 212057202 9D01B5CE
2006-09-18 Ask Dr. Rin 07 183541750 FE206186
2006-09-15 Captain Harlock SSX 01 182933504 25A1D57F
2006-09-07 Galaxy Express 999 12 177649664 30C0BE01

I say not bad. But Trapp and Sailor Stars need to speed up. And gawd, let's have more Snow Queen and Rin.

Just so you know, Live-eviL has made 599 releases so far.

-Tsubasa

« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 07:13:13 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tatsuki

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 06:28:26 pm »
*understood 50% of what Tsubasa said*

Gomenasai  :-[ Alot of releases that is.

eeto...Nana is a good movie. Im sure lots of fansub groups would go for it. So if L-E cannot do it (because they are as busy as hell doing subs for other anime)

do not give them a hassle, ne?
Tokirenai you ni keep it going baby
Onaji kimochi janai nara tell me
Muri wa shinai shuugi demo
Sukoshi nara shite mite mo ii yo