Author Topic: Short question about torrents.  (Read 7321 times)

Offline Northy

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Short question about torrents.
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:40:57 am »
Recently, I had a HD going out on me, so I've had to redownload a few shows again. In LE's case, that meant Galaxy Express 999. (And probably Snow Queen for later.) The GE999 episodes (6-11) have downloaded fine, but, for some reason, right after the download, the BitTornado connect icon would go red. While this isn't really doing ME any harm, I usually like to at the very least even out the download/upload on torrents I run. (I don't want to be a COMPLETE leecher or anything.)

While I realize you should take the seeds/download info on the torrent page with a pinch of salt, most of the torrents there has shown SOME people downloading them too, so it shouldn't be that there's noone downloading.

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
Re: Short question about torrents.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 05:20:05 am »
scarywater gets flaky at times and maybe your bt client starts to flake out as well there is so many things that could go wrong with what you are telling me it could also be your firewall/router if you have one as well... anyways too many things could be the fault there that i dont have a clue which is the case for you
The resident bastard.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 10:19:49 am »
My BT client hates batch torrents too, I have to hash each and every file separately at times. -_-

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Amrod

• n00b Hero
  • I'm just your common uncommon kid 'round the block
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 04:27:15 am »
Recently, I had a HD going out on me, so I've had to redownload a few shows again. In LE's case, that meant Galaxy Express 999. (And probably Snow Queen for later.) The GE999 episodes (6-11) have downloaded fine, but, for some reason, right after the download, the BitTornado connect icon would go red. While this isn't really doing ME any harm, I usually like to at the very least even out the download/upload on torrents I run. (I don't want to be a COMPLETE leecher or anything.)

While I realize you should take the seeds/download info on the torrent page with a pinch of salt, most of the torrents there has shown SOME people downloading them too, so it shouldn't be that there's noone downloading.

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

A possible reason is that people can't connect to you due to the internet defaults in different regions. That's why P2P sharing networks have multiple network (not only cause of language) but also because it's difficult for say someone in country A to connect to someone in country B. So that's one possible reason, another is that your security settings/firewall is preventing people from connecting to you, which is normal, given that they are designed to protect your pc from external threats. If you want to even it out, check your secutiry settings, they're probably the main reason. 
<(Amrod)> says "Birthdays tell how long you've been on the road, not how far you've travelled"