Author Topic: OMFG READ THIS WERE IN TROUBLE@!  (Read 23737 times)

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
OMFG READ THIS WERE IN TROUBLE@!
« on: September 11, 2006, 05:57:02 am »
*content deleted by moderator*
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:13:50 pm by bobby6 »

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
Re: OMFG CALM THE HELL DOWN.. No one saw this :O
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:58:49 am »
*content deleted/modified/monitored/dubbed/edited by moderator* <- an Anime company was here :D

Masakari.. you *bleepin* *bleep*

Oh look.. a penny o.o
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:00:31 pm by mamochan »
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
Re: OMFG READ THIS WERE IN TROUBLE@!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 09:19:06 pm »
Actions speak louder than words!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 10:52:34 pm »
Here here, well yes I do help out with other t/l stuff/t/l checking whatever if necessary (provided I've got some bw to spare), and was actually assigned to train Beloculus into becoming a 99% accurate t/l from 95-97%, but she is our new t/l for Snow Queen and as a beginner in fansub t/ling she does very well and makes her language sound plot appropriate.

(NOTE: I'm not t/l checking SQ from episode 9 so yeah I'm not doing any t/l work on it.)

She has t/led 3 eps of SQ so far, as to why not a single one is getting released, blame the lack of a project manager/leader who is to take of what becoming of those 3 unattended qc reports. I just think she's promising and she is willing to help out here and there too so yeah, although she doesn't come to IRC as much as me, it doesn't mean she is slacking or anything. She is always ready to help. If I'm not mistaken, I think she re-t/l checked one of GE too.

And here is out current situation:

Currently
active                         
non-Matsumoto                  TRANSLATOR/
projects:                           GUESSLATOR:         T/L check:
-----------------------      ------------------   --------------

Sailor Stars                         Aniko                  N/A
Creamy Mami TV                   Me (a bit)           Me
Snow Queen                        Beloculus            Tofu? (just skip it  ;) )
Detective Academy Q            Me                     N/A       
Trapp Family Story               Gumbaloom          Teppei & Aniko
Sailor Moon Musicals             Aniko                  N/A

Umm...did I miss any titles? >_> Hope not...

Well anyways this is the current list and I only appear twice officially. My official responsibilities are the t/l stuff for Mami and running it and the t/l stuff for DAQ. That's all.

T/l isn't everything. Stuff like encoding and typesetting are prolly harder. (although I agree at least more fun.  :P )

-Tsubasa 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:18:56 pm by bobby6 »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 11:08:57 pm »
Sailor Moon Musicals don't really count :)
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 11:13:41 pm »
Hehe, considering it's called ';D' and hasn't been released for ages, maybe. But at least we know there is a t/l working on it and it's got raws too, so yeah, if not dropped/dropped?/stalled, it falls under active.  :)

* Tsubasa ..... s.

Wait a sec. >_>

Oh my, this thread is on it's way to qualify for the post of a sticky topic soon if we don't stop the argument here.  :o

Look what Masa and my bickering started, a thread starting with such an ~_~ 1st post leading to this.  :P

Meh, someone lock it or it will lead to the L-E Intra-fansubbing group war.  :'(

-Tsubie
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 11:23:18 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 02:33:02 pm »
MY $0.02

Regardless, of the state of L-E is or what you PERCEIVE the state of L-E to be, this inter-bickering amongst the inner staff and the flagrant use of profanities in a PUBLIC forum by un-named persons and/or personnel is highly unwarranted and un-professional.

If the need for such a thing is felt so badly is best left to IRC or IM or other such device that does not leave a permanent fingerprint such as a forum or bulletin board.

This forum is our window to the public, for any and all to see. We need to TRY to put forth a professional front. Regardless of what fractures L-E may or may not have at the time. It does not help AT ALL to have someone screaming about them or even worse seemingly trying to drive wedges into them in the public eye by throwing words at fellow staffers like “idiot” or “dumbf##k”.

Please use a bit more decorum, at least in the public eye.
After all, we ALL are on the same team here!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 02:41:26 pm by suzaku_nomiko »
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 03:34:14 pm »
As I stated in the above post.
This is not the place for such a topic IMHO and I won’t play this game.
If you really feel the need to discuss this further, you know how to reach me.
Suz.
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 08:12:46 pm »
Once the number of groups out there was limited to less than 20.

And groups were very controlling of their members.

They tried to control what members did, how they lived, how much attention they paid to the group, how soon they performed their 'duties' in the group, what their duties were, who made 'leadership' decisions in the groups, and so on.  They tried to control what other groups the members could belong to and how they acted in public and in private.

Some groups became increasingly inane and beurocratic sporting form after form  for example:  http://www.paranoia-live.net/forms/seminar-form.htm and either became paralyzed or developed elaborate security protocol:  http://www.paranoia-live.net/forms/dfsr.htm which resulted in no one being able to accomplish anything, much less comprehend their position or even communicate effectively with others around them.

Others split off or 'gave birth' to more (or less) productive groups, like Bakamx / Soldats, Anime-keep / Conclave, etc.; possibly losing important members in the process.

Most groups run this way have since faded into obscurity or adopted alternate structures in order to survive. 

From the beginning many people who joined this group have seen first-hand the effects of groups trying to control or create territory around their members and their members actions; furthermore with Live-eviL no single person nor the group can control another in terms of "private actions" or "public actions".  Those duties are left to the pig, and in this matter, having not received any gifts or encouragement or bribes from either side his attitude is one of complete indifference.  The pig, in his wisdom, is more interested in his next meal of strawberries, banana, and romaine lettuce.  Such is how it is, how it shall be, and how it always has been.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 01:49:15 am »
Once the number of groups out there was limited to less than 20.

And groups were very controlling of their members.

They tried to control what members did, how they lived, how much attention they paid to the group, how soon they performed their 'duties' in the group, what their duties were, who made 'leadership' decisions in the groups, and so on.  They tried to control what other groups the members could belong to and how they acted in public and in private.

Some groups became increasingly inane and beurocratic sporting form after form  for example:  http://www.paranoia-live.net/forms/seminar-form.htm and either became paralyzed or developed elaborate security protocol:  http://www.paranoia-live.net/forms/dfsr.htm which resulted in no one being able to accomplish anything, much less comprehend their position or even communicate effectively with others around them.

Others split off or 'gave birth' to more (or less) productive groups, like Bakamx / Soldats, Anime-keep / Conclave, etc.; possibly losing important members in the process.

Most groups run this way have since faded into obscurity or adopted alternate structures in order to survive. 

From the beginning many people who joined this group have seen first-hand the effects of groups trying to control or create territory around their members and their members actions; furthermore with Live-eviL no single person nor the group can control another in terms of "private actions" or "public actions".  Those duties are left to the pig, and in this matter, having not received any gifts or encouragement or bribes from either side his attitude is one of complete indifference.  The pig, in his wisdom, is more interested in his next meal of strawberries, banana, and romaine lettuce.  Such is how it is, how it shall be, and how it always has been.

I agree with you on some points as far as censorship goes, but in this case, I don't think it's as much about trying to unjustly keep group members from their right to free speech as it is about try to curb needlessly excessive, nagative posts that serve no particular constructive purpose.

Yes people should have a right to say what is on their mind, and I wouldn't want to be a part of group that tried to force me not to, but at a certain point when it becomes less about appropriately voicing a concern or opinion, and more about just ripping people apart and causing controversy, enough is enough, and it really should be dealt with.

It is perfectly possible for someone to voice whatever opinions they have in a tactful an professional manner. And I think what people are really upset about here is not the voicing of opinions, but the balatant disregard for decorum and common courtesy towards others when doing so.
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Amrod

• n00b Hero
  • I'm just your common uncommon kid 'round the block
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 02:03:19 pm »
I agree with you on some points as far as censorship goes, but in this case, I don't think it's as much about trying to unjustly keep group members from their right to free speech as it is about try to curb needlessly excessive, nagative posts that serve no particular constructive purpose.

Yes people should have a right to say what is on their mind, and I wouldn't want to be a part of group that tried to force me not to, but at a certain point when it becomes less about appropriately voicing a concern or opinion, and more about just ripping people apart and causing controversy, enough is enough, and it really should be dealt with.

It is perfectly possible for someone to voice whatever opinions they have in a tactful an professional manner. And I think what people are really upset about here is not the voicing of opinions, but the balatant disregard for decorum and common courtesy towards others when doing so.

True, it's important that each person knows how to maintain his/her personal views and judgements of others under control. Having your own personal opinion is great, where you have your own ideas, interpretations, etc... However, it's wrong to abuse of your liberty of personal opinion.

If a person cannot act accordingly, and express their views in a coherent and professional manner rather than blast out, it signifies their lack of ability to manipulate language and communication with other people.
<(Amrod)> says "Birthdays tell how long you've been on the road, not how far you've travelled"

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 04:31:41 pm »
Yes, yes I agree to. I won't go into any more controversary here since this thread has become more argumentative than it ever needed to be. So back to the original question. Yawara pics on our website?  Okay pics aren't big deal, we'll get them removed if it's such a bother, but replaced only by pics from the other series that aren't on the banners yet. Let's be fair here.

-Tsubasa

Offline MrPhil

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 11:59:55 am »
Just out curiousity, what was this thread about? Thanks.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:44 pm »
Just out curiousity, what was this thread about? Thanks.

Well, it was mostly a bunch of insults back and forth, which have been removed. What it was SUPPOSED to be about was Yawara pictures and if it was ok to have them on our site after the show had been licensed.
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline MrPhil

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 12:39:13 pm »
Thanks.