Author Topic: Mysterious Cities of Gold  (Read 64375 times)

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Cities of Gold
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 08:41:15 pm »
how many of those people you know, that like the show; are fluent in japanese?? ;D
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 08:44:40 pm »
Basically I was doing a search and I saw in top 10 wishlists and such and all that love and went 'There's gotta be a translator fated to do this show somewhere'.  ;D

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 10:21:07 pm »
I for one find it strange they didn't already bring it out on dvd, I mean EVERYONE knows this show.It's 100 times better than the shit naruto stands for, & even that gets a dvd release  :P
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 10:29:58 pm »
I for one find it strange they didn't already bring it out on dvd, I mean EVERYONE knows this show.It's 100 times better than the shit naruto stands for, & even that gets a dvd release  :P

That's New Shows for you.  :P And of-course, despite the large no. of anti-narutards, there's a large population of narutards out there too.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Elric of Grans

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 10:48:29 pm »
You hardly need a translator; there was a perfectly functional English script made in the 80s ;)  Besides, it could be a French or Japanese translator, as it was a Franco-Japanese production.  I cannot believe there is no English DVD release of this for, as mentioned, there are so many of us out there who would love to see it!

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 12:03:27 am »
The English dub was... painful. It does appear that the scripts were originally written in French, which would certainly make life easier (though all the storyboards were done in Japanese). For best results, we'd actually have a French translator and Japanese translator working in parallel from their respective raws. That might be a little effort intensive, but it might be possible to check using either the French or Japanese versions.

And there has never been an English DVD release for the series. The French version was released in Canada, but that's it for R1 releases.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 12:06:20 am by Blue Mage »
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 09:26:40 am »
I asked my friend, & she says her dvds have french audio, she wasn't sure about subs (she'll check), so at least I'll be able to get my hands on the original script (be it in audio)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 07:17:13 pm »
You hardly need a translator; there was a perfectly functional English script made in the 80s ;)  Besides, it could be a French or Japanese translator, as it was a Franco-Japanese production.  I cannot believe there is no English DVD release of this for, as mentioned, there are so many of us out there who would love to see it!

You hardly need a translator; there was a perfectly functional English script made in the 80s 

>:( :o

GROWL!!!
BITE!!
HISSSSSSS!
=^-^=
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 07:22:04 pm »
oO;;;;;;

Tsubasa ~_~

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 09:26:11 pm »
Like we said. The English dub is... painful. And not accurate. And... painful.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Ninyekka

• n00b Hero
  • Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • Murmuur
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 05:37:49 am »
Well, in the eventuality of subbing a french anime...I am french :P

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 08:32:44 am »
Hmm, a source said that the French version is a bit different from the Japanese one. Gumb found this:

Taken from http://www.lescitesdor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=427
"Cool, je ne savais pas qu'il existait un site japonais sur la série!
"Dans la version japonaise, on trouve quelques plans alternatifs voire rajoutés (le rêve d'Esteban dans l'épisode 2, par exemple), la BO est différente et il parait qu'il y a aussi quelques différences au niveau des dialogues (les Olmèques seraient clairement présentés comme des extra-terrestres)... Je possède les dvd japonais, mais vu qu'il n'y a aucun sous-titre et que je parle japonais comme une vache espagnole... mais dans le dernier numéro du fanzine "les enfants du soleil", on trouve un article assez complet sur le sujet."
"Translation:
In the Japanese version, you see some different alternate scenes, or let's say added (Esteban's dream in episode 2, for example), the music track is different, and there's supposedly differences when it comes to the script as well ( the Olmèques are clearly presented as aliens)... I have the Japaense dvds, but, since there aren't any subs, and I speak Japanese as bad as a spanish cow (lol)....
but in the last issue of the fanzine "the children of sun", there's a rather complete article on the subject."

So if MCoG is being done, it HAS to be the Japanese version.

-Tsubasa

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 12:49:37 am »
We did discover that later on. However, that we have to do the Japanese version doesn't equate. The original story is in French, not Japanese, and doing it from the French is perfectly possible. Thankfully, I have fairly cheap access to the Canadian release of the French DVDs. And will probably end up buying them anyways cause I really liked the show in French. :)

Understand that the staff interested in doing MCoG are still considering our options. We'll pick a method and stick with it.

Offline Ninyekka

• n00b Hero
  • Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • Murmuur
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 06:47:00 am »
I also enjoyed it in French, but for various reasons never got around to seeing it whole as a child and never really gave it any thought until now.  That would really be an awesome anime to bring to people that speak neither French nor Japanese :P

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 12:32:08 am »
I suggest dual audio  :P
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu