Author Topic: Sailor Moon Musical status  (Read 18953 times)

Offline gamerboy255

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Sailor Moon Musical status
« on: October 06, 2006, 03:50:15 am »
How is the Sailor Moon Musical Mugen Gakuen(I hope I spelled that right) coming? The website hasn't been updated for a while and nothing has been said on the forum about it. So how is it? ;D ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Sailor Moon Musical status
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:43:26 am »
Well this is cause the Sailor Moon dude's DAQ translator bitches at him to get stuff done a lot louder than his Musical translator. So lots of musical scripts are waiting with him to be typeset. He is busy with work + school + who knows what and he's got an increasing fansubbing workload too so give us time.

Rule No 1 of posting in this forum:
Do not inquire about release dates, directly or indirectly.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:03:35 am »
Well this is cause the Sailor Moon dude's DAQ translator bitches at him to get stuff done a lot louder than his Musical translator. So lots of musical scripts are waiting with him to be typeset. He is busy with work + school + who knows what and he's got an increasing fansubbing workload too so give us time.

Rule No 1 of posting in this forum:
Do not inquire about release dates, directly or indirectly.

-Tsubasa

Here's a thought Tsubasa.... Perhaps someone should actually update the main project status thread. If it was done on a semi-regular basis perhaps there would be less askage about our projects and their status. I know people aren't supposed to bug us about it, but at the same time, if we never give anyone any idea of whats going on, but also don't allow them to ask, that seems rather crappy of us.

* bobby6 is speaking from experience, having dealt with this exact same issue concerning Ask. Dr. Rin before joining LE.  :-\
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 04:14:44 pm »
First of all, I'm sorry for the problem you faced bobby.  :(

Secondly, to all leechies:

People should be visiting our main home page to get the project status. >< We have a link there 'Project Status'. That's where you get the updated project status. I update that page myself so I should know.  8) As for the thread; the thread name itself says the date it was last updated so people shouldn't rely on that.  >:( That forum thread belongs to Gum (i.e. your Sailor Moon dude) not me so it's up to him to update that.  ::) And it's only to avoid confusion that he states his update date in the thread title.

And that leechie says 'website hasn't been updated for a while'. Uhhh, we haven't released any Musical for months  ::) but yet I've updated our webpage just a day back. ><

The website is updated with every release.  :) Some people don't even know we've got a webpage and only rely on forums.  :( I'm telling you the forum isn't as updated as the webpage is.  :P To visit our webpage, please go here:
http://www.live-evil.org (like it's mentioned in our releases duh  ::).)
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 01:30:24 pm »
From another thread:

For whatever reason, the page isn’t allowing me to vote. I wanted to cast a vote for the Sailor Moon Musicals.

Although I do watch a few other of your releases, the musicals is the #1 reason why I check in from time to time. I have done some editing and subtitling of my own and understand the amount of work involved, therefore as per request I have never asked about the status of this (or any) project. But as this one appears to have been stalled, I would like to respectfully appeal to the ladies and/or gentlemen working on it to continue the project.

My, my. It looks like we slipped up. The Sailor Moon musicals aren't listed under current or past projects in http://www.live-evil.org/project-status/. Gumbaloom is the driving force behind this project, and he is very good at getting things done...

Eventually.

Seriously, this is one of Gumbaloom's pet projects. In fact, last fall he told us that (Trapp?) was going to slow down because he would be giving the Sailor Moon Musical's higher priority because he had a translator available. I haven't heard talk about this series since about Christmas so I don't know what the current status is.

But since it's a pet project of Gumbaloom's and he really is pretty good at reviving stalled projects, I think it is fairly safe to say that there is a good chance that we will eventually release more.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:40:02 am by Willow »

Offline Selenity

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 05:00:34 am »
Thanks! *turns cartwheels* [:perchut2]

Offline Sapphi

• n00b Hero
  • look at mother nature on the run in the 2970's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 07:19:43 am »
while we're on the topic of project status, what does RC stand for?
it doesn't mention it on the list of jobs....  *feels stupid*
CAPTAIN HARLOCK > ALL OTHER ANIME.
There was this one time, GOKU was acting like a super stud, and Harlock got sick of him, so Harlock SHOT GOKU, and GOKU DIED.
  ~ Masakari

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 01:39:11 pm »
It wouldn't. RC means release candidate. It's a version that we think might be good enough to release but still needs to be checked.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Sapphi

• n00b Hero
  • look at mother nature on the run in the 2970's
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 05:39:28 am »
It wouldn't. RC means release candidate. It's a version that we think might be good enough to release but still needs to be checked.

ahh, i see!  thank you! 
*gets all excited for Galaxy Express #19*
haha.   ;)
CAPTAIN HARLOCK > ALL OTHER ANIME.
There was this one time, GOKU was acting like a super stud, and Harlock got sick of him, so Harlock SHOT GOKU, and GOKU DIED.
  ~ Masakari

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 08:47:41 am »
ROFL, you know I haven't since a single release of the musicals since I came here... and it's been just over an year. And some stuff can go upto RC5  (uncommon - when it happens you know the series is cursed  ;)) ;D so not to  [:perchut2] on seeing a status of 'RC'.  :P

- Tsubasa

Offline Usagi_Chan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 04:16:20 am »
I guess we are not supposed to ask the status of a project?  Unfortunately I can't find anywhere that the status of this project is shown and this project dates back to last year. I also can't see who is involved and if anything is needed, (money, helpers, etc)

Ken Yuen subtitled many of the Seramyu performances.  Corona vista did one or so of the last ones. It sure would be nice to see the missing performances (about 7 of them) get subtitled.  I would be willing to provide RAWS and I might be able to scare up a few helpers. I just don't know who to contact and discuss this with.

I feel it's a terrible shame to see several translations and subtitlings of the very same episodes of Sailor Moon while many of the performances of SeraMyu have never been subtitled.

Usagi_Chan

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 06:31:34 am »
*Yawn*

I thought it was perfectly obvious who to ask directly if you wanted to know what was going on....obviously not.

Simple fact - School sucks, life sucks, work sucks and I've had little to absolutely no time to process the stuff I've got. Stuff will get done but ya know real life and passing exams so I can go to Japan on exchange in September takes priority ya know ? -_-

-gumbalooom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 05:40:49 pm »
And Tsubie is talking to an Imperial Freshman planning to go to Todai for PG now... learn people!

- Tsubasa