Author Topic: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE  (Read 160104 times)

Offline Saintevil

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2008, 07:57:03 pm »
I know this may sound like stereotyping or whatever, but do you like Ichiro Suzuki, since you live near Seattle and like MLB?  ;D I've been a big fan of his for years now. He's such an awesome athlete, IMHO.

BTW, welcome to the group. We look forward to your QCing help.  :)

Well, the Mariners are my team :). Ichiro's a great player, but I'm more of a Ken Griffey Jr. fan myself.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2008, 03:42:19 am »
Well, I like Ken Griffey Jr. as well. It would be cool if he went back to the Mariners and retired there, since it's the team he first started playing for in MLB.  :)

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• n00b Hero
  • CP in QC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2008, 08:28:01 pm »
Well, not really a newcomer to this site, but since I've recently been allowed to do some QC:ing for L-E it might be polite to give a little intro  :)

I'm a relative newcomer in the anime world, but I've spent a lot of time watching the last one and a half year or so and have developed a serious addiction to subbed japanese shows... After a while I felt bad about only using other people's work, so I applied for a job here. Despite being a non-native English speaker I was kindly given a chance.

Favorite animes are things like Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shakugan no Shana, top-line Ghibli films, and actually Shion no Ou and Nijuu Mensou from here.

I live in the middle of Sweden, and currently my country it not showing its best side: -0.5C and snowing/raining  :P

For practical reasons I often go by the shorter CP.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2008, 07:44:03 am »
Welcome to the group CP.  ;D I hope you enjoy QCing for L-E and look forward to your contributions.  [:burtonsnowboard]

Offline V4sH

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:38 am »
Not really one for introductions, but here we go non the less.
Im a newcomer to the forums, but ive been watching LE subs for about a year now.
Into anime in a rather massive way, so far my favorites are generally the classics such as eva and legend of the galactic heroes. But i do like some more recent stuff like toradora, and The girl who leapt through time.
Outside of anime im in my second year of an astrophysics degree in university in the UK. look forward to getting to know you all!

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• n00b Hero
  • CP in QC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2008, 10:16:19 am »
Outside of anime im in my second year of an astrophysics degree in university in the UK. look forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome!
Did astronomy myself in the past, it's a nice area  :)

Offline StampedingVash

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2009, 02:03:24 am »
Hello, I just started downloading from Live-evil a couple days ago, so I wanted to come on and introduce myself.

Im 23, a philsophy major, and live a little outside of Chicago. I've been watching anime since I was little, and the first thing I ever saw was the first Galaxy Express 999 movie. I've seen broadened my horizons and watched quite a lot, but my heart has always resided with Leiji Matsumoto. Unfortunately some of his shows are incredibly hard to find. So when I discovered Live-evil uploading so many of his shows, it filled with excitement. I would finally get to see things I've been looking for, for so long^^

So, apart from introducing myself, I'd also like to say thanks to all the Live-evil members who take the time to put out the Matsumoto shows.
Known Some Call Is Air Am

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2009, 11:26:48 am »
Welcome to the L-E forums, V4sH and StampedingVash;D Hmm.....both of you have "Vash" in your screen names. It seems he's still pretty popular to this day.  :) Anyway, have fun.

Offline DesertSkorpion

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2009, 12:51:19 am »
a) How you came to know of us:
I ran across an episode of The Daughter of Twenty faces online and saw the live-evil.org logo.
b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them:
The Daughter of Twenty Faces
c) What other shows you'd like to try:
No idea as of yet
d) How often you're likely to visit us and post:
No idea as of yet. I am currently checking back often so I can see if the new episodes are out yet. Only a couple left to go.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2009, 05:25:47 am »
Welcome to the forums, DesertSkorpion. I hope you have a great time here and enjoy watching our various subbed stuff.  :)

Offline Fallen Wings

• n00b Hero
  • I salute to you
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2009, 05:54:10 am »
Hi my name is Ash and I'm a total newbie ^^;

a) How you came to know of us.
Through various fan subs

b) What shows do you watch and why you like them.
Leiji. BIG fan of Leiji Matsumoto. So I like Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999 and other works ^^ Why I like them? Because:
1) Harlock. He owns.
2) Space pirates. Also owns.
3) Science fiction.
4) Great characters
5) Great stories.
6) Harlock. Because he owns.

c) What other shows you'd like to try.
Umm ... you mean shows I would like to see right? ... I would love to see the "Leiji-Three" (Ha ha My names are so bad X3) Which is Arei no Kagami, The legend of marine snow and Saint Elmo- With the light (BEcause apparently Saint Elmo (which was leiji's only voice acting role) has a really funny scene with him)

See!!! Look at my fan-ness!

d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.
Actually for the last few months I check out this website once a day to see any new releases. I think it will continue (but now I will post)

Offline Labbes

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2009, 01:02:06 pm »
Oh my, I totally forgot writing something in here for four months.
Ah, anyway, I'm one of the fresh-meat-QCs, I live in Germany and I'm currently vacation! Yay!
I came to know L-E because I was frantically looking for Queen Millennia, which has even been dubbed into German, but never has been released on VHS or DVD.
Being a student, I have a lot of time most of the time, so I guess it's rather easy to find me online in IRC.

Well, that's it, I hope nobody wants to hit me for being out of it* so often :D

*My trusted dictionary tells me this is English for "verpeilt".

Offline rapidle

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2009, 01:50:51 pm »
Welcome to the L-E forums, V4sH and StampedingVash;D Hmm.....both of you have "Vash" in your screen names. It seems he's still pretty popular to this day.  :) Anyway, have fun.

and here i was thinking trigun was boring, anti climatic series :P

Offline jimwhat

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2009, 12:08:49 am »
Hey all...lol don't really no what else to say. I hope I can enjoy it here. :D

Offline tgo720

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2009, 01:53:35 am »
Gokigenou Minna!
        Watashi no namae wa TGO720 desu
Owner of OtakUniverse.org and the OU Navi OU Navi! well enuff with the cheap plugs.. im here for 1 reason!..

I want to help make a sub release possible.. i have the File that i notice other OtakU's want!
                                         ~Queen Emeraldas~
in the following Link! "LINK" "Masakari" stated all that was need for the Raw.. a good Q raw of the last 2 OVA episodes.  i have watch it at leaset 20x now. hope one day i can read WTF i can deciper in JP lol. 
 PLZ anybody Somebody! if u can Plz contact me asap an i will get the file ready for upload.
leave a note here PM at my site's Chatbox(which u can access from the OU Navi), my email Get at me!