Author Topic: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE  (Read 159949 times)

Offline Yamaki

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2009, 12:04:26 am »
hi guys (lol I was about do send a thanks e-mail... but decided to read the rules first =-P)

a) How you came to know of us.
From animesuki... I usually hunt new series there
b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.
The Daughter of Twenty Faces and Shion no ou. I liked a lot the both... It's like hidden gems in a sea of naruto/haruhi series  :D
c) What other shows you'd like to try.
man Idk... but definitely i'll check other L-E series...  2 series and two nice results (it's hard to see it nowadays)  :)
d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.
dunno as well... I'm the quiet kind of guy.

BTW: sorry for the bad english... I'm not a native speaker
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:06:19 am by Yamaki »

Offline Wuntvor

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2009, 11:13:44 am »
 [:hello]

Well hiya!

I am one of those creepy older guys who spends all his time watching ecchi boing & pantsu anime.  OK, maybe not all my time, but most of it.  Truth be told I watch just about any anime I can get my hands on.  I like watching the slice of life and historical anime the most.  I prefer comedy to most other genres.  I am not a big fan of horror, although I do like vampire anime like Hellsing, MoonPhase and Blood+ as well as comedies like Karin and Rosario & Vampire.  I tend to get turned off by hack and slash films.  I like beautiful anime that make me stare at the backgrounds.  Anything by Studio Ghibli.  I really liked Moribito - Guardian of the Sacred Spirit and Last Exile.  I also enjoy watching AMV's.  Some of my current favorite shows have been K-ON, Cross Game, Tears to Tiara, Valkyria Cronicles, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Spice & Wolf II, TMoHS S2, Hayate - Combat Butler S2, and a lot of other shows.  I suppose the main show L-E has been subbing that I like is The Daughter of Twenty Faces..  I am glad that the series was finally completed.  ;D
I have also been getting You're Under Arrest - Full Throttle and Future Boy Conan, and enjoyed Detective Academy Q.  I wish Yawara hadn't been licensed since I don't know when I will get a chance to see the rest of it!  Live-Evil, GAMBARE!   [:burtonsnowboard]

I find out about all fansubbing groups by visiting AniDB.  By looking at their calendar I can see what anime are currently being released and what fansubbers are currently subbing them.  I am really looking forward to Inuyasha being finished as well as the release of the newest CLAMP work Kobato.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:23:10 am by Wuntvor »

Offline Paci

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2009, 02:42:18 am »
Hi everyone,

a) How you came to know of us.
I think Initial D 4th Stage or Death Note was my first le anime.

b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.
Tokyo Marble Chocolate was a cute story told from opposing perspectives. The Daughter of Twenty Faces was a refreshing take on the rare mystery genre.

c) What other shows you'd like to try.
Future Boy Conan looks interesting. After all, Hayao Miyazaki, a personal fave, is involved. :)

d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.
Like many people, I'm not much of a forum-goer. I might post occasionally, but I'm no where near those people who have 1000+ posts. :P

Offline jackprw1

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2010, 10:50:58 am »
My name is Jack and I'd just like to say hi to everyone. As everybody knows that nowadays forums are the best source of Knowledge, and through forums we can learn a lot. When I heard of the community I thought it would be wonderful to expand to a new community, meet like minded people and share thoughts and services with fellow members.I am sure there's a lot of interesting topics and discussions happening on this forum and wanted to check it out.I was looking for a new forum to join and the higher powers of Google has brought me here! I look forward to meeting you all and wish you the best of success.

Offline Firechick12012

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2010, 07:17:35 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm Julia, aka Firechick. I'm just your typical 16 year old autistic girl who lives on anime/manga/video games/books and all that stuff. A pleasure to meet you all. I hope I won't be of any trouble to you in any way.

Offline Johnny

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2013, 10:10:59 pm »
Hello, my name is Johnny, I'm french fan of animes (shounen & shoujo, like Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, UFO Robot Grendizer or Sailor Moon). I am also the translator of The Three Musketeers for L-E and I hope you will enjoy it!

Offline Eternal_Blizzard

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2013, 05:47:49 pm »
Oh yea, I was supposed to introduce myself here... hmm... here goes. I'm Eternal_Blizzard, and I am a burned out fansubbing machine. I mostly time and encode here in L-E, though I am also an editor, typesetter, and a quality checker. I have contributed in a few of L-E's projects, and I'm looking forward to not being retired for many years to come.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2013, 01:46:43 am »
Hello, my name is Johnny, I'm french fan of animes (shounen & shoujo, like Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, UFO Robot Grendizer or Sailor Moon). I am also the translator of The Three Musketeers for L-E and I hope you will enjoy it!

I know this is late and all, but welcome to the group, Johnny. I have already met you on IRC, but I thought I would post something on the forums anyway.

Oh yea, I was supposed to introduce myself here... hmm... here goes. I'm Eternal_Blizzard, and I am a burned out fansubbing machine. I mostly time and encode here in L-E, though I am also an editor, typesetter, and a quality checker. I have contributed in a few of L-E's projects, and I'm looking forward to not being retired for many years to come.

LOL, burned out fansubbing machine? I thought you haven't subbed for that long yet? Do I sense a quick burnout from using your turbo boosters too much?  :P

Anyway, welcome to the group. We hope you help us out for years to come. Like I told you on IRC, retiring from fansubbing is a lot harder than it seems.  ;)

Offline MizunoKamo

• n00b Hero
  • Fledgling L-E QCer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2016, 08:03:21 pm »
Quack! So ... I'm MizunoKamo. I'm the newest addition to the L-E QC team (Which you should totally join!). I'm a fan of anime of all kinds, but the old-school stuff is what I prefer. I discovered L-E through Future Boy Conan (Amazing work on that one, guys!), but I'm intending to watch the entire library of L-E-subbed shows at some point. Whether or not I'll post much here, time will tell, but if nothing else, I'll probably be lurking a lot.

Mata ne!
~ Duck (quack!)

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2016, 09:00:47 pm »
Ah, so you decided to introduce yourself, MizunoKamo? LOL

Anyway, glad to have you in our ranks. Thank you for deciding to help us out. It's very much appreciated. It's cool that you prefer to watch old school anime, considering you're still a young dragonfly. A lot of young anime fans like yourself today tend to prefer the newer, trendier anime. Of course, there are always exceptions. I hope you decide to stay with the group for a long time and help us release more old school anime for all the anime fans out there to enjoy.  8)