Author Topic: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE  (Read 160474 times)

Offline Sapphi

• n00b Hero
  • look at mother nature on the run in the 2970's
    • View Profile
Re: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2008, 08:46:35 am »
If anyone on here makes their own music, I would love to hear what you've done.  I have a lot of stuff out on CD and always like to be inspired by other talented people; especially those who are better than me.

not sure if you're a Yamato fan or not, but here's my (boring, 4-chord) rendition of the theme song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wBjaRtOTYM

although i'm not altogether sure i can really call that music... >_<  lol
 i guess we'll say "making my own noise." it won't inspire you, but hey.  it's all i got.   ;D

....so are you watching GE999?  you really should!
CAPTAIN HARLOCK > ALL OTHER ANIME.
There was this one time, GOKU was acting like a super stud, and Harlock got sick of him, so Harlock SHOT GOKU, and GOKU DIED.
  ~ Masakari

Offline synapticflow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2008, 08:55:25 pm »
not sure if you're a Yamato fan or not, but here's my (boring, 4-chord) rendition of the theme song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wBjaRtOTYM

although i'm not altogether sure i can really call that music... >_<  lol
 i guess we'll say "making my own noise." it won't inspire you, but hey.  it's all i got.   ;D

....so are you watching GE999?  you really should!

GE999 is what brought me to this website.  It truly is splendid.  I have the "luck" of being brand new to it and only on the first espisode.  So everything is new to me and that makes it extra sweet.

I will check out your song when I get a chance.  Thanks for posting it.

Offline swahab

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2008, 05:26:13 pm »
Hi, swahab here from Malaysia. I'm a big fan of Ah My Goddess and You're Under arrest.

a) How you came to know of us.
For me, I was looking for You're Under Arrest and that's where I found LE.

b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.
You're Under Arrest

c) What other shows you'd like to try.
ne??
Let's see.....Captain Harlock, then.

d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.
Well...this is my first but am planning to post as many as i can.

LE RULEZ..

Offline fringewalker

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2008, 01:27:42 am »
Hmmm....Hi! I'm your friendly neighborhood fringewalker. I hail from the lovely city of Denver.
Fansub.tv brought me here. I'd been leeching of couple of LE's shows via that site and decided to pop on over and see what was on the group's site.
LE's shows that I'm following are YUA: Full Throttle and Shion no Ou. I also discovered and nabbed Initial D Stage 4.
Typically I lurk forums and don't post much but I figured it would be polite to introduce myself.

Offline pokute

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2008, 11:42:16 pm »
I had to read this whole thread before posting because I have been senile since a very early age, and I had to make sure I hadn't been here before, because I'm sure I was here, but... Uh, anyway...

Hmm... I guess I've been seeing Tofu in the credits of fansubs for, what... More than 10 years, is that even possible? I remember (or maybe I'm just making it up, I can't tell for sure) once when somebody in some forum announced that L-E was a speedsubbing group and that they did parody subs without announcing them as such. To this day I wonder what prompted that shocking revelation.

I am a mostly retired fansubber. I did half a dozen dorama, and started working on an anime (that will remain nameless), but I seem to be too stress-out prone to handle it. The last project I actually finished was HERO (Broadcast in 2001, we subbed it in 2007 when dvd rips became available) with Vulcan300 fansubs.

I really appreciate that L-E does older shows. Younger anime fans need to realize that these older shows are what the creators of the new shows were inspired by, and that historical context is not a four letter word.

I own around 600 genuine licensed anime dvd's, but would burn them in a heartbeat given the choice between them and fansubs. I really wonder what the heck is wrong with those  commercial subbing people and their cultural neutralization agenda.

Oh, oh, I have a funny (true) story:

I was at a hollywood party, and there were all these industry types there,
 and I was trying to monkeywrench their hip trendiness by talking tirelessly
 about Sailor Moon. Well, this one fellow went for the bait, and said that he
 had just been filming in Canada and had worked with an actress who had
 dubbed Sailor Moon. He couldn't remember her name, and I said "Oh, do
 you mean Terri Hawkes?"... And he was at first very enthusiastic over the
 fact that I knew her name, but then he noticed that everyone else was
 backing away from us, slowly...

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2008, 01:09:57 am »
Hmm... I guess I've been seeing Tofu in the credits of fansubs for, what... More than 10 years, is that even possible? I remember (or maybe I'm just making it up, I can't tell for sure) once when somebody in some forum announced that L-E was a speedsubbing group and that they did parody
Maybe not 10, but 6 or maybe even 7 years at least, I remember live-evil from back in Mid-2002 when they first started to release Creamy Mami, and he had been around for at least one year prior I think.

Offline pokute

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2008, 01:13:45 am »
See? I'm senile... I just can't... Remember... Anything.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2008, 05:28:24 pm »
Hmm... I guess I've been seeing Tofu in the credits of fansubs for, what... More than 10 years, is that even possible? I remember (or maybe I'm just making it up, I can't tell for sure) once when somebody in some forum announced that L-E was a speedsubbing group and that they did parody subs without announcing them as such. To this day I wonder what prompted that shocking revelation.
I really appreciate that L-E does older shows. Younger anime fans need to realize that these older shows are what the creators of the new shows were inspired by, and that historical context is not a four letter word.

[...]

Oh, oh, I have a funny (true) story:

I was at a hollywood party, and there were all these industry types there,
 and I was trying to monkeywrench their hip trendiness by talking tirelessly
 about Sailor Moon. Well, this one fellow went for the bait, and said that he
 had just been filming in Canada and had worked with an actress who had
 dubbed Sailor Moon. He couldn't remember her name, and I said "Oh, do
 you mean Terri Hawkes?"... And he was at first very enthusiastic over the
 fact that I knew her name, but then he noticed that everyone else was
 backing away from us, slowly...

Hi, welcome to the boards!

Yeah, Sindobook is right... I started really getting involved with digisubs in 2001 so it's only been 7 years, but I did do some late VHS starting in 1998 or so, so it is /possible/ though unlikely you saw some stuff I did back then :)

Yes, I am trying to push even more effort of converting some of the younger fans onto the older stuff. This year I am making a strong effort for titles such as KOR, Galaxy Express 999, and one yet to be released title...

That story about the Sailor Moon dubbing is hilarious! We've all had moments like that, I think lol

You may be curious to read the history of L-E I wrote up, if you haven't already: http://www.live-evil.org/history-of-live-evil

In regards to the speedsub and parody thing... They may have confused us a bit by the project we subtitled with DB, as they're the king of speedsubbing groups and do release quite a few parodies. We've also released parodies before (Naruto and Gakuen Heaven) but only on the 1st of April ;)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline pokute

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2008, 06:12:40 pm »
Hi Tofu!

I read the Live-Evil history, and an article by Sindobook, and some other historical bits-and-pieces related to Live-Evil and subbing. It's all very interesting!
I think the only VHS subs I ever saw were a couple of VKLL's Sailor Moon and one of David Jao's Escaflowne... I must have first seen Live-Evil digisubs around 2002... Seven rounds up to 10, right?

Since I mostly watch anime with my daughter, I wind up watching mostly shoujo (though she really likes Harlock and 999) so I tend to have a lot of those 'people backing slowly away' moments when I talk about a show that I'm watching. I rarely get past the name "Creamy Mami" and her penchant for defending yakuza before losing my audience ;^)

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2008, 09:12:26 am »
Hello.  I'm tenkenX6.  I've been a hardcore anime fan for quite awhile now.  I pretty much watch anything, new and old, as long as it interests me.  Anyways, I decided I would join this forum, since I was interested in helping the group out.  If that will actually happen or not depends on the "higher ups".  :D

Offline arcobran

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2008, 06:46:51 am »
Hi!

Greetings from Peru. Have been watching anime since I was a kid. At the time didn`t know it was anime, just cartoons. Later a got into manga and anime and been reading and watching ever since. I think heard about L-E from mangaupdate, an interview about fansub. I watched most of the titles some years back, but when I saw the quality of your works, I started to get most of them. Thanks and keep the good work.

Offline KJFG

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2008, 02:46:52 pm »
Hi!
I am random KJFG (nick is just one old joke) mostly just lurking in shadows.

But today I am just little bored maybe, it is quite nice Sunday day out there, but here I am hoping for miracle to hapen.
Currently I am mainly watching KOR, an time to time catching up to Shion no Ou and D.Gray-man, or maybe I should say I am re-watching KOR. Maybe I am addicted or some (did you guys really have bring it up surface again, I did make some effort see my old VHS after that).

About past
First anime I did ever see was Galaxy Express 999 and so.
Ranma ½ did come to see sometime, Rose of Versailes was great in past, I probably should check if it is still as great it wast then. And btw Cat´s Eye  :).
And Juuni Kokki that was great, shame that it did end as soon as it did.
KGNE there lot to say about that, it was great in complete, but I really prefer it as 2 episode serie, even thou when I only watch those 2 first episodes it make me urgent to watch more.

Looks like I have write some random stuff above which maybe weren´t part of this "Topic", either case lets say some word about something, I prefer manga over anime no offence to any fansubber/animefan/etc.
So if anyone feel bored or find themself wondering what to read next, I suggest try out one of my favorites which would be a Planet Ladder, otherwise to say about that isn´t the thing most of ppl, I really like it.

Maybe I should but Mirc up again and go see if that Miracle would have hapen. See you guys, girls, freaks and otakus...

Offline Dark_evil_keso

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2008, 03:35:22 pm »
Hi, I'm from sweden (were all the great metal bands come from)

Punk/metal musician. Singer and guitarplayer.
I love watching anime in my spare time. And reading fantasy and all that nerdy stuff that nerds do. Basically I am a nerd and a guy who loves to play fast, agressive and catchy music.

When I don't work by sorting packages or are busy by making no money whatsoever with playing punkrock or death metal just for the fun of it I Read Loads and loads of manga and comics and fantasy books and so on... Manga wise it's detective conan, ranma½, Hellsing, oh my goddess and one piece right now I'm in the middle of trying to finish... Why can't any fansub group sub detective conan? :'(

I would buy the dvds if there weren't for the change of names on the characters and so on... guess I am somewhat of a purist then... But I want it to be the way it was originally meant to be!

Offline georgie

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • Rose of Versailles Lady Oscar
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2008, 12:06:11 pm »
hi!!!
I love this place

I am huge fan of Rose of Versailles. I mean I love it so much I even build  a website and a forum community :))

Want to meet new Rose of Versailles fans and for the ones who did not watch the anime or read the manga I recommend you to visit also my website and fall in love with this incredible anime.

ah.. here are my websites links if u want to visit them

http://www.roseofversailles.com

http://forum.roseofversailles.com

Nice to join this place and a
and a big hug to everybody!

Offline Tia

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2008, 06:59:16 am »
*Bows to all*

Hello,  I am a long time anime fan and have been apart of the community for many years now and recently found your group by accident as one of the tube sites out there had a few of your episodes of galaxy express 999.  The series, which has eluded me for almost half a decade now and now you are currently working on subbing it actually brought tears to my eyes, as i will finally be able to watch the series that first got me into anime in the first place.  I have always been a fan of support those who work so hard to help give joy to the fans around the world, and though i did not see one, if you have a place one can donate to please let me know and i will try and help donate the best i can.  I also notices that you are looking for QCer's and would love and try and help out the best i can.  In short, i truly thank you for the work you do and putting out anime that most people have never heard of.