Author Topic: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE  (Read 160314 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:33:01 am »
Hello people.
I've noticed this board gets many new threads of the variety 'Hi, I'm new'. Instead of having a whole new thread which is likely to get at the most three replies and then die off to the next pages, I thought it would be better to have a single thread where newcomers to the le forums can introduce themselves. Admins are welcome to merge any such single-purpose thread into this thread.

First of all, to all newcomers,
Welcome to the Live-eviL forums. Please read the rules and regulations before posting. They can be found in Current and Future Projects board. Anything outside that, we expect your common sense to guide you.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves here. Maybe also tell us:
a) How you came to know of us.
b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.
c) What other shows you'd like to try.
d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.

Also, you're welcome to request info regarding any of our stuff you'd like to give a shot but the synopsis in our homepage and whatever you know about it so far is not making decisions any easier for you. However no question should call for any material of the spoiler variety.

In advance, nice to meet you. ^^

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
Re: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 06:15:46 pm »
Welcome welcome!

;D

We won't bite!

::)

most of us anyway!
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:51:00 am »
The posts that should be here but were made prior to the creation of this thread are here:
http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,1141.0.html

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Kirstie

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 09:35:02 am »
Hiya! ;D

I'm pretty much a newblet to these forums. I first decided to visit because of my love for Death Note. I've been a regular of many other fansub forums, this is my first time checking out Live-Evil in both releases and forums, heh. I imagine I'll get to know most of you the longer I stick around. :P

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 04:00:55 pm »
Where to begin...
Joined forum roughly 3 minutes ago.
The first fan-sub anime of yours I began to watch was Tsubasa Chronicle, but only after it was dropped.
But of course, with the internet's resources I downloaded the first season and watched the second season up until the last episodes the joint project had finished.

But I should start from the beginning...
First anime I ever watched was Devil Hunter Yohkko, then Vampire hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, and once upon a time when Ronin Warriors ( Samuarai Yoirden Troopers isn't it?) was showed in US on cable.

Recently last year is when I became heavily involved with the pleasures of anime indulgence. I say indulgence because "watching" or "viewing" doesn't quite capture the enjoyment the comes.
I got into Naruto( before the HORRID fillers started) and Bleach.
I liked Lunar anime's Bleach veeeerrrry much but of course they don't do license fansubs as most groups don't and that was dropped.
So yes, DB was my source for Naruto and Bleach...
I occasionally saw the group venture with TC but didn't pay much attention and when they annoucned it was dropped I still didn't give it a chance.

It was only after I could no longer stomach the horrible fillers that I stumbled upon TC ( now I looked at the old TC thread and now discussing that in detail is more like spam now but I dare do say the YGO releases are a little less in quality)

Currently I am on the edge of my seat waiting for Death Note 6 to finish downloading...seeds went bye-bye...tracker down perhaps?
Alas good things are waiting for and with that in mind I sit patiently.

Current shows I watch:
Death Note of course ;D
Bleach, Black Blood Brothers,Busou Renkin, Tsubasa Chronicle, Jigoku shoujo futakumori( shows with death are cool ;D), Tenpo Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi, pumpkin scissors, eyeshield 21 ( understaffed much???...I didn't pass the QC test and couldn't help out *sigh...is my English that bad??...wait don't answer)
and once Ghost Hunt finishing downloading I'll see if I stick with that.

Too much time? yes Evil leacher?no I try to at least seed each download for another day. Animaniac?maybe Otaku? possibly

I think that's enough for now.

Much appreciation for all your hard work.どうもありがとうございます
" No one really wants to die.."

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 12:37:54 am »
Too much time? yes Evil leacher?no I try to at least seed each download for another day. Animaniac?maybe Otaku? possibly

I think that's enough for now.

Much appreciation for all your hard work.どうもありがとうございます

Haha, quite a history, But I just made a 2 hours-worth of post so all I will say for now is....don't be the one to call yourself Otaku. They'd never do that in Japan.

And you're welcome.

-Tsubasa

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 03:54:47 am »
My other personality thinks that of myself...don't ask...
And yes by your post count and seeing how you start most threads I expect your fingers to be a little sore...also note for whatever given reason I was hoping you would respond to a portion of my introduction...well that's enough knowledge about me for now.

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 07:33:17 am »
Welcome to both Kirstie and Draconis.   :)

Jigoku shoujo futakumori( shows with death are cool...

once Ghost Hunt finishing downloading I'll see if I stick with that.
I couldn't agree more with that "shows with death are cool" statement.  I'm also a big fan of darker shows.
Ghost Hunt is awesome.  Right now, it's probably my second favorite show from this season (behind Death Note).  The second episode ends on such a cliffhanger though, and now I'm left suffering until episode 3 is released.

Again, welcome to the L-E forums and be sure to post lots to give Tsubie something to respond to.  ;)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 07:50:56 am »
Oh thank you thank you people.

* Tsubasa bows.

My other personality thinks that of myself...don't ask...

Rare case of MPD.

Ghost Hunt is awesome. Right now, it's probably my second favorite show from this season (behind Death Note). The second episode ends on such a cliffhanger though, and now I'm left suffering until episode 3 is released.

Mee too.  :D :D

I'm just so happy that Ureshii released ep 2

-Tsubasa

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 03:05:01 am »
Yes, I agree Ghost Hunt is good and I'm picking that up as well...but for me
it falls short to Death Note and Jigoku Shoujo Futakumori.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 08:50:14 am »
Hmmm, of the absolutely current shows, I am watching the following in their order of preference:
1) Death Note
2) Ghost Hunt
3) Kanon
4) Sumomo Momomo
5) Asatte no Houkou
6) Yamato Nadeshiko Shinchi Henge.

I researched all of the other shows on the current season line-up too but they didn't seem to be something I'd thoroughly enjoy in the long run since, e.g. Pumpkin Scissors or Negima. Can someone suggest any other title worth watching AND burning?

* Tsubasa shudders at the idea that she'll have to burn all those and some more into 700 MB CDs.
Slow internet + 40GB hard disk which is full of stuff you cannot empty + living in a place where DVD burners= $$$ + failing monitor = you shouldn't be an anime fan ~_~ AND a fansubber. LOL

-Tsubasa

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 07:01:58 pm »
Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori's Hell Girl character is devilishly cute and goes along with death aspect of Death Note. IMHO it is one of the best shows out right now and worth the DL and burn.

Pumpkin scissors doesn't stand out yes, that's true but certain aspects of the show stand out at times and provide enough for me to watch it.

I enjoy the simple storyline and action of Busou Renkin...then again I really enjoyed Law of Ueki and the underdog with unrelenting courage saves the day isn't the story for everyone.

BBB ( Black Blood Brothers) might look simple on the surface but the past history of the bloodlines begin to reveal themselves as each episode passes and makes the story more interesting to follow...also note the action a + for me.

Negima? is a re-drawn re-release of Mahou Sensei Negima which I did watch the 26 episodes with enthuasium but even with improved graphics I already know what happens and haven't bothered with the re-telling and patiently wait for the second season...as the manga has numerous volumes.

Tenpo Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi has a differnent storyline then most animes out and tries to seperate itself from the norm.
But everytime I see the "Meji Era" I can only think about Kenshin lol
It is a change of pace , but the story for me doesn't seem quite clear enough to start but perhaps that is the angle the creators were looking for.
Drawing universal power from words is definetly not a bad thing.

That's my cents of them anyways.

Offline Tatsuki

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 10:52:41 am »
a) How you came to know of us.
i was randomly looking at active fansubbers and bam, i found you guys XD Plus i watched random NANA episodes.

Er...Kanon and Desuno cause they rule. And now i've gotten hooked to Snow Queen haha

c) What other shows you'd like to try.
ne??
..well i also watch
Ryusei No Megaman
Tactical Roar
Basilisk
Azumanga Daioh
and many more O.o...

d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.

visit alot especially if im to be true to my duty here!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:57:14 am by Tatsuki »
Tokirenai you ni keep it going baby
Onaji kimochi janai nara tell me
Muri wa shinai shuugi demo
Sukoshi nara shite mite mo ii yo

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 03:05:31 pm »
Er...Kanon and Desuno cause they rule. And now i've gotten hooked to Snow Queen haha

We don't sub Kanon afk does.

-Tsubasa

Offline Tatsuki

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 01:21:43 pm »
We don't sub Kanon afk does.

-Tsubasa

i see i thought the question was "what anime you would like to see, that doesnt involve live-evil" lol

gomenasai DX
Tokirenai you ni keep it going baby
Onaji kimochi janai nara tell me
Muri wa shinai shuugi demo
Sukoshi nara shite mite mo ii yo