Author Topic: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE  (Read 160369 times)

Offline MoolT

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 03:32:15 pm »
I'm new, good to be here.

Offline twik

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 07:16:34 am »
a) How you came to know of us.

Was watching [AonE-AnY]'s "Ah! My Goddess" and on the Animeyuki website there was a glowing review about a little known fansub group doing a great job on a series called "Death Note."

b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.

Death Note.  Makes you think.  Two geniuses-- one specializing in deception, the other in observation-- go head to head.  Mind games ensue.  What's not to like?

c) What other shows you'd like to try.

No clue.

d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.

Pretty active in the Death Note master thread.   I probably won't stray far from there, although I've been on IRC a handful of times and people seemed nice.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 09:37:43 pm »
Yay! Twik! :D I enjoyed talking with you on IRC. You are not super annoying, or humorless like many of the other people we get in the channel. So I hope you come back every once in awhile and say hi.  :D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline twik

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 05:03:57 am »
Haha, thanks bobby.  Glad I was only partially annoying.  ;)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 11:07:43 am »
No wonder his nick is so familiar. Now that think of it, I did see someone with that nick on IRC.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline blip2

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 12:05:55 am »
me! hello

i am/was teaching tsubasa mirc coding :]

Offline xjapan

• n00b Hero
  • hide of X ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 01:56:14 pm »
hi. im Tim.

Hobbies : Watching Anime , Playing the guitar

Favourites : I like music = ) , listen to bands such as
Xjapan , Luna Sea , The Ramones , The pillows , Larc ~ En ~ Ciel , All American Rejects , Typhoon24 , AsianKungfu Generation , Beat Crusaders , ( I like makino yui she did yume no tsubasa for TC and Rolling star for bleach. ) , Micheal Jackson , B.B.King many others but that sums it up.

Animes i,ve watched and enjoyed hmm : Naruto , Bleach , OnePiece , Shaman king , Hellsing , Nana , Tsubasa Chronicles , Prince of Tennis , School Rumble ,
Beck ( Mongolian Chop Squad ) <- i highly recommend this one , FLCL , FMA zz i cant remember anymore but of course Death Note !

Favourite anime character wow. thats kinda hard but i really like Fai. D Flowright
Hes sexy = )

a) How you came to know of us.
I came across Death Note and i checked out your site

b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.
TC ( unspoken reason. you just like it, especially the way sakura goes, neh syoaran )

Nana ~ Hi Hi , Nana desu

DeathNote. theres really no need to explain why i like DN

Poking around at forums i,ll prolly try Ghost Hunt.

d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.
ZZZ FUSTRATION. i cant connect to friggin mIRC
trying to connect to irc.enterthegame server but some reason the server hates me and autoDCs me. sometimes i get autokilled too. its been forever since i touched IRC.. hmm o well i,ll be around.
Blow your mind ~

<3 my babies Robin & Leena

Offline Michael

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 07:26:55 pm »
Greetings,

My name is Michael and I'm 19.8 years old.  I'm currently a sophomore Computer Science/Mathematics major/minor at Longwood University in Farmville, VA.

My hobbies are coding/programming, learning new programming languages, and watching Anime.

I'm relatively new to the Anime scene.  I didn't start watching Anime, in particular fansubbed, regularly until about 1.5 years ago.  Sadly, it was fansubbed Naruto that acted as my "Gateway Anime".  Of course I did watch irregularly on TV dubbed Anime as a child, as well as go through a hardcore Pokemon phase ~7 years ago.  However, I've been coined as a "Monster" on one forum for having consumed a vast amount of Anime in only 1.5 years.

I'm the Founder/President of my University's Anime Club, which became an official organization this Fall.

a)  I decided to register on the L-E forums is mainly due to the fact that I started frequenting #Live-eviL@irc.enterthegame.com about 3 weeks ago, and discovered that the members of L-E are a diverse group of dedicated fansubbers who are easy to talk to and are overall great people.  Another reason is because I recently left a forum/community that I had been at for more than 3 years, and so I'm currently looking for a new place to call home.

b)  It's actually extremely hard for me the list my favorite Anime series because there are so many, so I'll just list random ones that I've listed on my Facebook profile:

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, Voices of a Distant Star, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Golden Boy, Ginban Kaleidoscope, REC, Lamune, I``S Pure, Death Note, Starship Operators, Zero no Tsukaima, Kaleido Star, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, School Rumble, Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Scrapped Princess, Love Hina

c)  I like a broad range of genres.  However, in particular I enjoy Romance (can't be too blatantly shoujo) and Romantic Comedies.  Thus, I'm always looking for good Romance and Romantic Comedy Animes.

d)  I'm always looking to procrastinate, so on average I'd probably visit/post daily.

EDIT:  My IRC nick is mds820

EDIT2:  Hey, I'm not a nOOb!  I'm a newb!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:58:13 pm by Michael »

Offline MorgothErmis

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 05:25:49 pm »
Hello to all of you,I am a poor Greek that depends on fansubs rather than watching anime on TV (We don't have more than two,and not so good :( )I've seen your work in death note and I thought ;Why not come here and say hi and thanks to the people who work hard and allow you to watch some kick ass anime?:P
I am 17 years old and my hobbies are,um..Anime,Music,Surfing the Internet,ancient Greek thought etc..I admit my being a Japan-fanboy but,hey,we all are more or less in some time of our life lol.(Since we are here in this forum :P)
b)Death note is my favourite anime because of its intellect,it's not just some guy who kicks ass all of the time like DB.
c) I'd like to watch Desert Punk which is also something different that any of the other anime series I have watched.(I have only watched DP episode 1 as of now)
d)I dunno how often I will post here  ??? it depends

Anyhow,thats' my intro here,and to be honest,I am downloading from the group that releases fastest the Death Note episodes,because I can't wait :P Sorry but it's the truth

P.S.;If someone wondered,yeah I use the :P smily frequently

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 08:21:10 pm »
 :P
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 09:00:59 pm »
Welcome to blip2, xjapan, Michael, and MorgothErmis.  (And to twik too, although I'm a bit late on that.)

Wow, some of you are quite specific in your responses... ^^

Michael: I see a lot of my favorite shows listed in your post.  Voices of a Distant Star is one of my all-time favorite anime.

MorgothErmis: I tend to overuse that smiley as well.  I'm trying to break the habit.

Anyway, enjoy your stay.  Make sure to follow the rules (do we even have rules for the forum posted somewhere?) and post often to liven this place up.

Offline Larry

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 04:58:46 pm »
Yes, hello I am Mio (no its NOT a female name in Finland) Korkman also known as Larry. I am the guy who pleagued the irc with stupid questions a little while ago and i am wery greatfull to the people who helped me out to get things working. A great THANK YOU for you who were patient with me and helped me getting started.

a) How did you come to know of us.
-Just happened to come across as a friend recomended DN.

b) What shows do you watch and why do you like them.
-Deth Note
-Wolf's Rain
-Last Exile
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
*These are the ones i have been watching or have watched, quite a few as i am new to Anime. I have also watched some other stuff but nothing that i have liked or had time to watch trough completely. The reason why i like Anime is simply the fact that it differs from the western type of entertainment.

-Anything with mystical/religous/political and complex storyline. Philosophical is fine too.

d) How often are you likely to visit us and post.
-Ah... this will shift time to time i will anyhow be hanging in the irc quite oftenly.

edit: Death Note written wrong! I am comitting BLASPHEMY!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 05:43:15 pm by Larry »
If you want to criticize someone you should first take a ten mile walk in their shoes, because when you then criticize them you are at a safe distance from them and you also have their shoes.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 05:19:28 pm »
The typo you've got there is kinda scary but welcome to our little forum here.

-Tsubasa

Offline Larry

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 05:33:06 pm »
The typo you've got there is kinda scary but welcome to our little forum here.

Typo? And these forums sure arn't small.  :P

edit: And thanks for the welcome.  :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 05:34:39 pm by Larry »
If you want to criticize someone you should first take a ten mile walk in their shoes, because when you then criticize them you are at a safe distance from them and you also have their shoes.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 05:37:36 pm »
Heh, I meant the 'DethNote'. I was like oO. The forums aren't small. A person's potential to increase it's creativity is small.  ;)

-Tsubasa