Author Topic: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE  (Read 160204 times)

Offline OtakuReborn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: nOObs to this forums introduce yourself HERE
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2007, 05:45:06 am »
Hello people.
I've noticed this board gets many new threads of the variety 'Hi, I'm new'. Instead of having a whole new thread which is likely to get at the most three replies and then die off to the next pages, I thought it would be better to have a single thread where newcomers to the le forums can introduce themselves. Admins are welcome to merge any such single-purpose thread into this thread.

First of all, to all newcomers,
Welcome to the Live-eviL forums. Please read the rules and regulations before posting. They can be found in Current and Future Projects board. Anything outside that, we expect your common sense to guide you.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves here. Maybe also tell us:
a) How you came to know of us.
b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.
c) What other shows you'd like to try.
d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.

Also, you're welcome to request info regarding any of our stuff you'd like to give a shot but the synopsis in our homepage and whatever you know about it so far is not making decisions any easier for you. However no question should call for any material of the spoiler variety.

In advance, nice to meet you. ^^

-Tsubasa

I suppose I'll make myself known here then.

The name's Shen, but most people call me Lu (My last Name). I'm a college student currently and I'm 19 years old. I actually just restarted watching anime after a long hiatus. And now I'm hooked. ^.^

a) I suppose I found you guys from watching Tsubasa Chronicles (Season 1) which it seems you guys subbed in a joint effort with DB.

b) As far as actual TV shows, Simpsons and Family Guy. As far as Anime goes, that would be anything in the realm of Fantasy, Comedy, and Romance, which is preferred. I'll watch mostly anything, except those with Excessive violence and such (usually found in Horror related genres).

c) I'm pretty open for anything (again, not a big fan of Horror. The only horror I've watched is Blood+, and that was pushing it)

d) I have a lot of free time on my hands, so I'll visit somewhat often I suppose. I'm thinking about trying out fansubbing since it's always seemed interesting since I started watching Anime again. I'll be taking Japanese next year, so with a bit of luck, I might become a decent translator. ^.^

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2007, 01:41:00 pm »
I think the most enjoyable way to become a translator fast is to watch a lot of Japanese programs without subtitles like I had to do in Japan. Of-course, back then I was also very young. But my learning Japanese was a fun experience as it didn't involve books and any 'have to's.  Many people tell me to take Japanese when I am in college as I am already fluent but when a hobby becomes a have to for me, I tend to lose interest in it. Maybe I will consider it if the college I plan to enrol in has an exchange program to Japan or something. That'll be interesting.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline OtakuReborn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2007, 04:08:03 pm »
Ah...sounds a lot like my story, except I'm from Taiwan, so I picked up a fair amount of mandarin. My parents want me to take Elementary Chinese for some reason, but I really didn't see the need to since the only thing I'm lacking right now is Vocabulary. ^_^;;

Japanese, on the other hand, is an interest that I have myself. So if I could pick up the basics of Japanese, I thought I could go from there and teach myself the rest. Learning a language can be divided into three parts: Learning the Mechanics, Gain a respectable vocabulary, and Practical use. I think I'm fairly confident in myself to do the last two steps myself. ^.^

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2007, 08:59:40 pm »

b) As far as Anime goes, that would be anything in the realm of Fantasy, Comedy, and Romance, which is preferred.

:o a person after my own heart!  :D There don't seem to be a lot of similar minded people here that I know of, so I am extremely excited to have you around. Don't be surprised if I "pounce" on you when you are on IRC and start talking about which animes you've watched and liked. I'll be very excited to get to know you. I'm looking forward to it.  :D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline PsychoShinji

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2007, 11:30:37 pm »
Hi there! I'm Psychoshinji. My real name is Sarah M. I've been an anime fan since I was in the 4th grade and Sailor Moon came on syndicated television (so, I'd say I've been a fan for about 12 years now, though I've always loved animation and comic books). I'm 21 years old, and I'm currently studying at the Savannah College of Art and Design majoring in Sequential Art aka Comics and Graphic Novels! I aim to be a manga artist (with my own style of course), and I'm heavily influenced by Gainax and Leiji Matsumoto. I also love to cosplay. I've cosplayed Shinji Ikari, Tetsuro Hoshino, Kodai Susumu (Derek Wildstar in SBlazers), etc.
If you feel inclined, please check out my cosplay gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=4809&cat=500

a) I found the first episode of GE999 TV on youtube, and immediately fell in love with the show. I saw the live-evil address in the halfway point and visited the site right after!

b) I watch Galaxy Express 999, Captain Harlock 1978, and Captain Harlock SSX. I just recently downloaded Space Symphony Maetel. I love these series because I am always inspired by the characters' actions and the sincerity behind those actions. I love anime that emphasizes philosophy and staying true to what you believe. Tochiro Oyama is a character I particularly adore. I also became exposed to GE999 when I was just starting out as a fan of manga and anime, through Animerica magazine.

c) I'd love to see Maison Ikkoku and some of the original Gundam series. I'm a big fan of oldschool anime; Evangelion is my favorite though. But really, I'm up for any new shows that capture my interest. I like all genres!

d) I'm likely to visit at least every other day. As for posting, probably once every week/week and a half.

It's nice to meet everyone!

Offline PlasticYakuza

• Condor Hero
  • Drunken Bishie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 11:49:28 pm »
Welcome, PsychoShinji. Always good to have more Leiji fans with us.  Expect more Harlock out soon.
libido bending hot signals sending

Offline Sapphi

• n00b Hero
  • look at mother nature on the run in the 2970's
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2007, 07:58:51 am »
Oh good, another Matsumoto enthusiast!  ^_^
I'm somewhat of an artist too, and his work really inspires me - I'd love to see art from you, too! 

I just finished Space Symphony Maetel, and although I gritted my teeth through the terrible explosions and fakey 3D ships, I have to admit it was well worth my time - I cried at the end like the sappy teenager I am, lol.  It was also my first real encounter with Tochiro, and oddly enough I've grown to be extremely fond of him too!  ^____^;;;;  I even liked him more than Harlock in that show!  *feels guilty*

th-the one part.. where he pushes his glasses up... *screams hysterically*

okay, well, enough said about that.  haha.
and, i'm Sapphi as you know, but i'm Sapphi in real life too, it's not my real name, but i make everyone call me that anyway.  ^_^

so, nice to meet you, and if you ever want to chat about the wonders of Matsumoto-sensei's universe, you know where to find me!   ;D
CAPTAIN HARLOCK > ALL OTHER ANIME.
There was this one time, GOKU was acting like a super stud, and Harlock got sick of him, so Harlock SHOT GOKU, and GOKU DIED.
  ~ Masakari

Offline PsychoShinji

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2007, 11:18:05 pm »
Hi Sapphi! :D Nice to meet you too!

(And yes, Tochiro is awesomeness. I have a hard time choosing between him and Harlock too, lol). I love your icon! It's really adorable XD. Matsumoto has such a fondness for animals, I love how adorable he draws them. I would love to make a replica puppet of the Tokarga bird and sit him on my shoulder for cosplay lol.

I'll send you a link to my art site once I get it all settled! :D Once again it's great to meet ya and hope to talk to you more through the forums!

Offline Mogambo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2007, 04:47:10 am »
salut

i am Mogambo, real name Steve, age 33, almost white and far too english

aside from anime and manga i'm into music (jazz, blues, funk, soul, reggae, dancehall, hip hop and french hip hop but NOT british hip hop...) movies (kung fu, film noir, chambara, the arty edges of the horror genre and randomness...) and books (anything from egar rice burroughs to william s. burroughs...)

i popped up awhile ago asking random questions (and making little sense) also managing to miss this thread... proving myself an ubernoob, no doubt...

if anyone feels like explaining how these fkn forum things work, that'd rock - i have no idea! until recently i only used an ancient pc for word processing, so i'm crap at all internetting except torrents!

i discovered live-evil checking for a complete rose of versailles, and i like the range of stuff here better than any other fansub group whose shit i check - u got old, new, even non-japanese and live action, which a lot of anime geeks cant tolerate...

all-time fave anime includes rose of versailles, death note, claymore, all that sentimental studio ghibli stuff and whatever the giant robot show which ran in europe as "Goldorak" in the '70s and '80s is REALLY called...

top manga includes maison ikkoku (and anything by rumiko takahashi), nausicaa, the emblamer (and everything else my mitsukazu mihara).... and gantz, which is far superior to the anime...

hm, i'm droning again... just don't get me started on how much i hate superhero comics or how sammo hung is the best kung fu star...

Offline Linnzy

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2007, 10:52:29 pm »
Hi Ppl!
New girl on the forum.

23 years from Sweden.

I love mainly shoujo-stuff, magical girl and a bit of comedy!

My all-time heroine is Sailor Moon. I own the whole first season 8 DVD Box-set. (the blue beautyful box).

I draw alot, want to call myself as an artist, but I'm not quite there. Feel fre to visit me at;  http://linnzy.deviantart.com/gallery/

I also love to write, but I don't like to write on the computer, still dreams to publish my own childrens book...

Uuuuuummm...yeah, that was all about me for this time.

Edit;

a) How you came to know of us.

Think it was when I looked for some sailor mon episodes or Rose of versaille or some other anime - however I noticed that L-E popped up alot.

b) What le shows do you watch and why you like them.

So many that it's hard to tell without boring everyone to death!

c) What other shows you'd like to try.

Oh, there's a few, but I don't remember all right now....something that I am curious about is The Little Princess (something like that, don't remember the full name), Robin Hood and the Jungle Book (old-school anime)

d) How often you're likely to visit us and post.

Dunno, I'm not very good at forums...^^

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:03:39 pm by Linnzy »

Offline teucom

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2007, 11:44:58 pm »
Hi! Another "Noob" here ...

How I came to know of LE?.
The excellent works on Taiho... Season II.
Read the Manga, liked the Manga, bought the Season I DVDs, and then ... no more Taiho  ... Season II on japanese TV, live translated ... until LE saved the day!!  :)

Other anime I like -
Urusei*Yatsura back in the 80/90ies and other stuff by Takahashi-sama
Ah My Goddess, You Are Under Arrest and other Fujishima Manga based
Dirty Pair ( the Classic TV/OVA Series)
Bubblegum Crisis ...

As you may notice, slightly preferring classic and classic-style manga and anime from the 80s 90s - hey what do you expect I'm 40+ now and grew up with that  8)

H.Th.
Cologne/Germany

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2007, 05:07:38 am »
Welcome to everyone! Please visit these forums as much as you can! An active community is a fun community! :)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline notsonoble

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2007, 01:57:25 am »
Hi!

a I found LE through animesuki, again for Taiho Shichauzo second season.

b I have several other fansubs, but there haven't been any other LE one's yet.

c I don't really have a lot of ways to find shows outside of fansubs... so I can't really make any suggestions.

d I'll probably be here a lot. I'm visiting while at the new job, and don't have down time per se, but lots of "hurry up and wait" moments in my duties.

"Who needs breaks? The signature of invincibility: Full Throttle!" Full Throttle Opening Theme Lyrics
Quote from: Nakajima Ken
Oh, the ghost. If I run into it, I'll make sure to tell it to stop loitering.

Offline synapticflow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2008, 11:48:47 pm »
Hi.  I'm Brian.  I'm older than most of you.  I've been an anime fan for years.  My earliest experiences were some of the butchered American releases on VHS like Macron 1, Battle For Moon Station Dallos, Clash Of The Bionoids, and so on.  My first love was Robotech (yes butchered also, but still my first love)  I love Voltron and the Transformers also.

My top three anime of all time are Robotech, Wolf's Rain, and Samurai Champloo.  There are many many more than are great as well.

My hobbies are playing sci-fi movies, stunt kites, skateboarding, rollerblading, airsoft, and many more.
My passions are making techno music, anime, and listening to music.

If anyone on here makes their own music, I would love to hear what you've done.  I have a lot of stuff out on CD and always like to be inspired by other talented people; especially those who are better than me.

If anyone wants to talk about anime and j-pop, drop my a note.  I love making friends and geeking out with people over the things we're crazy about. 

I actually found this website through researching Galaxy Express 999.  It seems like a pretty cool place to chat.

Offline Kip

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2008, 05:17:23 am »
Hello!  I've been watching your sub of Galaxy Express 999 for a while.  I've known Vash for a while, and recently learned he's a part of L-E and I was like  :o.