Author Topic: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.  (Read 277802 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2006, 11:55:58 pm »
For informational puposes I own the vol 11 of the Japanese Death Note manga as does Beloculus owns all of it. If you actually bought the Death Note Manga you would see they provide romaji spellings of the character names in the first couple of pages so I think Miss Beloculus is perfectly capable of ensuring the names are right.

We're not going to argue with the original Mangaka now are we ? :)

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2006, 12:19:57 am »
Well you don't need to buy the actual mangas to verify that. I got the RAWs from the internet, though I'm not planning to read the manga or anything, and that did the job too. So if people got problem with spellings, they should check the manga out by any means.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2006, 09:07:49 pm »
The scanlated manga I have starts off calling Light, raito, and Ryuk, Ryuku, but then, after about vol 5, they say they're changing it to the correct "Light" and "Ryuk" so as to go with the mangaka's wishes. So in any terms, Light and Ryuk are the correct names.

EDIT: Just finished watching episode 5, and i have to say, thats gotta be the worst, most annoying ending for an episode.

EVER.

It'd be even worse if I didn't already know what L looked like.

I'm curious as to whether Light making all of these moves is leading to suspicion on his part. I mean, if he hadn't killed Lind L Taylor, then it would've stopped L from deducing he was in the specified area of Japan, and perhaps would've made L doubt if he was actually in Japan or not.

He's covering his tracks while making more, basically.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 01:29:42 am by kayryn »
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2006, 05:51:59 am »
Death Note might have been licensed, although the licensed is not confirmed (that is, whichever evil company it is haven't officially announced it), it was announced on ANS that it was 'officially licensed to be released America'. We're waiting for it to be confirmed.

Now for episode 5, I must say Light is doing everything to want to make us hate him. Hate the protagonist...dear unfortunate fans.  :( He has turned from a shounen seeking a crimeless Utopia to an absolute serial killer. Let's see what else he does.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2006, 01:01:53 pm »
Just so theres no doubts, as soon as there is news about a Death Note license from a reputable news source and not somebody that likes to indulge in tabloid journalism aka AnimeNewsService L-E will drop this project.

By this I mean, as soon as announcement appears on either AnimeNewsNetwork, AnimeOnDVD or Animesuki removes torrents for Death Note. Any 1 of those 3 happening = Death Note dropped.

-gumbaloom

PS It wouldnt surprise me if Viz has it considering they're releasing the manga and they have experience with Bleach and Naruto
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2006, 04:34:58 pm »
I guess people will now like to talk about how it can't be Viz, they suck, they don't deserve to do Death Note. Well, the best of the stuff out there get licensed by thr worst anime companies out there most of the time. Full Moon by Viz....ewww.

-Tsubasa

Offline Thanatos

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2006, 11:02:39 am »
ahh shoot!... how did i miss changing the next ep title?

It's "Open Seam"

Don't worry, it's no problem for me, was just wondering. Thx for the information about the correct title.

Quote from: Tsubasa
As for QC, anyone thought of a post-release QC? Like Thanatos here, leechies can do that.

If you are really interested in post-release QC I will see what I can do. I'll report mistakes if I see them.

And no matter what: Your subs are great work!   ;D
The human whose name is written in this note shall die.

Offline bond4154

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2006, 11:18:12 am »
As to your second point, I believe that's already been pointed out to some of the staff on IRC.  It was merely a mistake.  Perhaps someone who can read kanji (I can read the hiragana, but not the kanji) would be kind enough to post in here what the title of next week's episode is.

I can read kanji. Why? Because I'm Chinese. XD

Seriously, though. There's no perfect Japanese-Chinese Kanji conversion, as the words are used in different subtle undertones in either language. Not to mention not all of the episode titles come out in kanji anyways. But I'll entertain you guys for a bit.

(contains kanji; should try Japanese Shift-JIS or Chinese Traditional Big5 encoding)

Episode 5
驅引 Drive/Bait

Episode 6
I don't actually understand the Hiragana after it, but as for your kanji...
绽 Burst/Split
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 12:07:19 pm by bond4154 »

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2006, 06:44:46 pm »
By this I mean, as soon as announcement appears on either AnimeNewsNetwork, AnimeOnDVD or Animesuki removes torrents for Death Note. Any 1 of those 3 happening = Death Note dropped.
Animesuki has not been accurate in the past, look at what happened with Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch for example.  The other two are fine, but I would disregard Animesuki as a reliable source.

As for Viz, they have been doing mangas since the 90s and anime since not too long after (Ranma 1/2 for example).  Despite being one of the early players in the market, and constantly trying to grow along with the market, newer players like Tokyopop (for manga) and ADV (for anime) have always been able to outdo them. 

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2006, 08:50:28 pm »
Animesuki has not been accurate in the past, look at what happened with Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch for example.

for MMPPP it was a drop in license so you cant say that it was their fault that adv dropped the license :D
The resident bastard.

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2006, 09:09:19 pm »
I can read kanji. Why? Because I'm Chinese. XD

Seriously, though. There's no perfect Japanese-Chinese Kanji conversion, as the words are used in different subtle undertones in either language. Not to mention not all of the episode titles come out in kanji anyways. But I'll entertain you guys for a bit.

(contains kanji; should try Japanese Shift-JIS or Chinese Traditional Big5 encoding)

Episode 5
驅引 Drive/Bait

Episode 6
I don't actually understand the Hiragana after it, but as for your kanji...
绽 Burst/Split
Actually, Tlynnec already posted the total translation of it (on the previous page, I believe).  So the title of episode 6 is "Open Seam."
Thanks though! ^^

Regarding the possible licensing, I would prefer it not to be Viz, as they tend to take an extremely long time to finish a series.  Some of their practices have gotten better though, so they're not that bad.  And their dubs tend to be okay- not great, but not as bad as some companies'.  What worries me more is that Viz currently has their hands full with some long series, like Naruto, Bleach, and Full Moon.  In addition, they're still releasing InuYasha.  So I'd prefer it to go to a company that doesn't have so many high-profile series going on, with the hopes that DN releases might come a bit quicker and be top-notch.  But I suppose we shall see, especially since we don't even know for sure that it was licensed yet...

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2006, 07:52:02 am »
Viz STILL isn't done with Inuyasha! :o That's like rediculous. I didn't realize they were that slow... Thats just sad.  :-\
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2006, 08:21:36 am »
inu is 160ish episodes it would take a while for most :D
The resident bastard.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2006, 08:39:00 am »
Bye bye to Death Note if Viz licenses it then, by the time you'd get to watch it, you're gonna have to watch PokeMon with your little kids.

-Tsubasa

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2006, 07:03:47 pm »
Yeah, I just checked Viz's website and their latest InuYasha release was volume 47, which contains episodes 139-141.  As bastard-sama said, IY is 167 episodes, so it's a lot longer than DN anyway.  But Viz's releases of IY have definitely sped up recently (volume 47 was released in Oct., and they've slated the next two DVDs for November and December).  My main concern about this was that since Viz has a number of extremely popular titles they're releasing right now, they may not have the resources to give DN the proper treatment it deserves.

-Just another note about why they've taken so long with IY.  The DVDs for IY contain, for the most part, only three episodes each.  This is a practice I believe they have since done away with for their new releases.  The Full Moon DVDs have four episodes each, as do the Hikaru no Go (yet another popular title) and Naruto DVDs.  So Viz is learning and mending their former poor practices, which is why I don't despise them like many do.