Author Topic: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.  (Read 271454 times)

Offline Zizu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2006, 08:12:02 pm »
I love the show, I already read Volume 1 of the manga, but when I heard that there's gonna be an anime for it, I thought it would be better to wait, and so far, they're not shortting it or anything. But I have a question, will you guys drop the show if it gets licensed? Please don't, cause you're the best subbing group for it. I've checked the episodes of other groups, and they aren't even half good as your sub. ;D

I hope I'm not getting ahead of the show and talking about getting licensed and stuff :P

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2006, 08:50:34 pm »
Thanks but subbing licensed shows is against our rules and regulations and we don't believe in subbing them due to ethical reasons as well. It's a pain for us when we have to drop stuff after they're licensed but can't do anything about it. Live-eviL wouldn't be there if we did continue subbing licensed stuff. We don't want to get Cease and Desist and we generally dislike people who sub licensed stuff as well. L-E is known for subbing the classics generally and our main subbing goal is to sub those series which received no media attention in the west and there's a high chance they'd never get licensed. Our main aim is to bring people subs of those animes which they otherwise would have never had the chance to watch. To read more about our policy regarding subbing licensed shows, please visit this thread:
http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,881.0.html

Anyways, who knows, if it does get licensed, maybe you'd get rebels from here forming a shadow group over at Rizon to continue subbign DN but that's an insane idea.  ;D

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Zizu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2006, 11:26:45 pm »
Hehe. well, lets hope it doesn't get licensed before you guys complete it, keep up the good work and thanks for reply. ;D

Offline Mit

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2006, 02:51:23 am »
Hello!  I'm new here.  I searched for Live-eviL's website for quite some time (googling wasn't giving me too much luck), and after finally finding it, had to register.

I first wanted to thank you for your great work.  The quality is superb and I also like your translation of things for the series.

I too though have to agree that it's kind of hard to read.  Moreso for me than others most of the time.  I watch all of my anime from my larger TV that I have hooked up to my computer, and when further away from the screen than an average person from a computer monitor, and with the decreased sharpness of a tv, that text gets real difficult to read on light background.

I have no beef with the font though, or the color.  Both are fine.  A simple fix would to just make the border around the font a couple pixels or so thicker, so as to make the text stand out better, as light from bright background almost completely washes out the current border.

Otherwise, thank you for your hard work and effort put into the series, I'm a huge fan of it and glad someone's doing quality work on it.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2006, 06:03:25 am »
Yay!!! DN 3 is out! Good job guys, despite our issues this week we still got it our pretty darn fast considering. A round of applause for the dedication of Beloculus and tlynnec who do most of the work. Great job guys! And next week TW is going down!  :P ;) ;D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2006, 08:35:52 am »
Yay!!! DN 3 is out! Good job guys, despite our issues this week we still got it our pretty darn fast considering. A round of applause for the dedication of Beloculus and tlynnec who do most of the work. Great job guys! And next week TW is going down!  :P ;) ;D

Bobby, bobby, let's be like matured competitors and not bring such stuff over at the public forums.  ;)

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2006, 03:54:56 am »
Bobby, bobby, let's be like matured competitors and not bring such stuff over at the public forums.  ;)

-Tsubasa

I'm not being mean or immature at all Tsubasa, you have been informed that TW and LE are having a friendly competition in this matter, and if you have watched either our release of episode 2, or TW's release of episode 3, you will realize that these messages are all in good fun, and we say stuff like this back and forth to each other all the time. So please don't fret you pretty little head about it.  ;)  ::)  ;D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2006, 05:12:43 am »
Hehe, I really do need to keep up with this thread. Thanks to everyone who complimented us!  ;D

Two comments about the font from the person responsible for it (me):
1) For everyone who complained about the capital H in ep 1, you'll notice that it has been changed.  Thanks to Yoshu-sama for actaully altering the font for us.
2) Ok, I know that the font is a little hard on light backgrounds, BUT:
      a.  I have increased the opacity. There should now be a noticeble improvement over episode 1.
       b. I am not going to increase the border anymore because it looks like $hit when I do.  Freeze frame and take a good luck at the font and you'll notice that it has uneven edges (that's part of what makes it look cool).  Unfortunately, when you had too much border to fonts with uneven edges, they just end up looking blurry.  Given a choice between a blurry font and a thinner border, I opped for a thinner border.  Does anyone have problems with that??

Hehe, ok, explanation/rant done. 

Lots and lots of hugs for all our fans, especially those of you who came hear to thank us... it makes all the lack of sleep worthwhile!
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2006, 05:13:35 am »
P.S.  Girls pwn boys = TW is going down  ;)
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline Mr Pleb Mgoo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2006, 05:15:46 am »
I'm in love with the karaoke guys, and the translation, and the series!.

Keep up ze' good work!.

Offline ginette

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2006, 07:25:48 am »
Hi I'm a newbie. And I love your fansub because you have good translations. However regarding to Death Note, the main character, I wanna double confirm, is his name Yagami Light or Yamagi Raito? Because as I read in the manga, it's Yagami Raito. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong. I've tried few fansub, it's all Yagami Light.

Offline naru

• n00b Hero
  • I fail for having an oversied avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:40 am »
Just dropping a line to say thanks for ep 3. Keep up the good work  ;D

***I promise to not use an oversizeed Avatar ever again ***

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2006, 10:53:00 am »
I'm not being mean or immature at all Tsubasa, you have been informed that TW and LE are having a friendly competition in this matter, and if you have watched either our release of episode 2, or TW's release of episode 3, you will realize that these messages are all in good fun, and we say stuff like this back and forth to each other all the time. So please don't fret you pretty little head about it.  ;)  ::)  ;D

What I meant was the leechies don't care if we're having a competition or friendly competition or whatever. They just want their subs. Their coming to this forums and posting proves they're sticking to our releases unless something happens. So this L-E vs TW is an inside thing and if it were to be a TW and L-E joint forum, this gurls pwn boys would have been interesting but here it's like 'wth?' You also gotta realise that most leechies won't know what we mean by girls pwn boys. They'd think LLE pwns the entire male population cause they don't realise it's a battle between sexes. Someone in the asuki Death Note TV thread was saying 'btw, that girls pwn boys at the beginning always makes me snicker'. Then I realised how they had no idea what's going on inside so I offered some explanation. For most people, it's a 'four groups doing it, so so group is the best.' They won't relate one with the other except compare subs.

Hi I'm a newbie. And I love your fansub because you have good translations. However regarding to Death Note, the main character, I wanna double confirm, is his name Yagami Light or Yamagi Raito? Because as I read in the manga, it's Yagami Raito. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong. I've tried few fansub, it's all Yagami Light.

* Tsubasa sighs.

Naru read the previous posts. Especially pages 2-4. You'd get your answer.

-Tsubasa

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:58:23 am by Tsubasa »

Offline naru

• n00b Hero
  • I fail for having an oversied avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 12:33:17 am »

* Tsubasa sighs.

Naru read the previous posts. Especially pages 2-4. You'd get your answer.

-Tsubasa

I didn't ask that?  ??? Think someone need to get some much needed sleep...lol.(j/k)

***I promise to not use an oversizeed Avatar ever again ***

Offline PlasticYakuza

• Condor Hero
  • Drunken Bishie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2006, 12:39:56 am »

I didn't ask that?  ??? Think someone need to get some much needed sleep...lol.(j/k)

No sleep for tsubie!

*cracks whip*
libido bending hot signals sending