Author Topic: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.  (Read 255963 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2006, 06:58:04 am »
Anyone is in in love with light? oO;; I thought we were all in love with L?  :o

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline lindewell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2006, 11:33:37 am »
I wouldn't say i'm a Ryuk lover but i have to say he's very funny though he deosn't talk a lot.

Btw about the licence issue:
It's bad for the licensing companies, who lose out on money.  That in turn makes it bad for those of us who do buy DVDs, because licensing costs are expensive and if companies don't make money they can't afford licensing costs.  Plus, the DVD prices then go up to try and make up for those people downloading licensed shows.  So essentially, the people who sub and download licensed shows are not only hurting the companies, they're hurting their fellow anime fans. 

I don't consider it's our duty to feed business companies. The truth is we don't need them but they need our money.

Offline Kamui42

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2006, 11:47:08 am »
Anyone is in in love with light? oO;; I thought we were all in love with L?  :o

-Tsubasa

I love Raito a lot more than L.
That makes me a Raito fangirl then.
heh heh

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2006, 07:32:48 pm »
I loved Light. Before I got to about volume 7 of the manga.

And jsut to go back to a previous point, can we see the yaoi NOW? at all??
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2006, 09:31:49 pm »
I don't consider it's our duty to feed business companies. The truth is we don't need them but they need our money.
I personally appreciate the companies bringing anime here to the US.  I would much rather watch anime on my TV than on my computer monitor, not only for comfort reasons but also for the better visual quality.  R2 DVDs are out for me because my DVD player can't play them (which can be worked around) and because I don't understand Japanese.

Keep in mind, too, that a number of Japanese companies produce anime with the financial aid of American companies.  So if the American companies go bankrupt, that's also hurting the original producers of the anime we love so much.

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2006, 10:13:19 pm »
I personally appreciate the companies bringing anime here to the US.  I would much rather watch anime on my TV than on my computer monitor, not only for comfort reasons but also for the better visual quality.  R2 DVDs are out for me because my DVD player can't play them (which can be worked around) and because I don't understand Japanese.

Keep in mind, too, that a number of Japanese companies produce anime with the financial aid of American companies.  So if the American companies go bankrupt, that's also hurting the original producers of the anime we love so much.

Visual quality is by no means a issue. I watch all my anime on TV, most Pc's have a S-video output, invest 10$ in cables and enjoy!

I also totaly agree that it is not our mission to feed the corporations. I am also truly against dubbing, in most cases. What I do feel is our obligation though is to support the artists (or drawing slaves), and the only way to do that is through buying the DVD's. This is a problem that anti-corporate ideas face in all industries. I have much more to say, both on what the problem is and how to solve it. But this should really be discussed in a different thread, and not in the DN specific thread.

My girlfriend have this fasination for L aswell. Allthough i can see it, i can't apreciate it that much. It might be becouse I haven't got the sexual\cutie\japanese\androgyn\etc. factor playing in, I find that in true character Light is much more intresting, but I think well see this change some during the series.
I hope L gets his psycho out  :D

-hostghost
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline lindewell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2006, 12:14:04 am »

My girlfriend have this fasination for L aswell. Allthough i can see it, i can't apreciate it that much. It might be becouse I haven't got the sexual\cutie\japanese\androgyn\etc.

I never new L had this much of a success with girls, he looks like Gakt and a hobo. However he has the true light in his heart.

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2006, 03:51:27 am »
Visual quality is by no means a issue. I watch all my anime on TV, most Pc's have a S-video output, invest 10$ in cables and enjoy!
Meh, visual quality still wouldn't be as good as it is on an official DVD. 
Besides, I much prefer using my DVD player as I can turn it off or on and skip through whatever without ever having to get off my bed. :P
I definitely agree with the sentiment of wanting to support the creators though.
(And with the statement that this whole debate is off-topic in this thread.)

Meh, L really isn't attractive to me.  My first thought when I saw him was, "He looks like an otaku."  Light looks much more normal, and he definitely wins in the personality department as well.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2006, 04:33:58 am »
If anyone cares, R2 DVDs are teh best. They're better than R1s in every way, mostly as you guys are saying 'visual quality'.  Plus Japanese problems got no problem with us for fansubbing so yay.

So yeah the NA licensing companies are a bunch of unwelcomed rats.  >:(

* Tsubasa curses them. 

:'(

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline twik

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2006, 06:11:21 am »
I love the plot and characters in this series so much so that I'm beginning to see it as a great detective drama that just so happens to be anime.  I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other series that are similarly enjoyable.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2006, 06:54:10 am »
Well nothing is similar to Death Note you bet. I am not really the person who will know if you like series with lots of actions...cause I hate them.  :(

But if you want a 'dark series' to be recommended. Try Ghost Hunt or Black Blood Brothers. These are more of horror stuff than detective though.

-Tsubasa

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2006, 07:40:32 am »
And jsut to go back to a previous point, can we see the yaoi NOW? at all??

Does this count?

I would identify the artist.. but I have no idea who it is!  If anyone does, please let me know so I can credit them!
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2006, 07:43:53 am »
Oooo, that's a cute pic you got there.  ;D

-Tsubasa

Offline sosanimeboy

• n00b Hero
  • LE Staff - Editor and Death Note Harem Alpha Male
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2006, 07:57:59 am »
I never new L had this much of a success with girls, he looks like Gakt and a hobo.

Meh, L really isn't attractive to me.  My first thought when I saw him was, "He looks like an otaku."  Light looks much more normal, and he definitely wins in the personality department as well.

ROFLMAO  ;D

Swing by my place and experience a whole new world of pain...

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2006, 08:05:33 am »
Hmmm, the nature of the latest posts in this board just gave me a new idea. I just really hope we get the sub forum thingy going.

-Tsubasa