Author Topic: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.  (Read 255772 times)

Offline lindewell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2006, 01:22:54 am »

* suzaku_nomiko does the YAOI YAOI dance!

I want to see that, PIX NAO.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2006, 03:19:52 am »
~tsubie:
not sure what to say about that but I think only you can say it just right

???

Well long as it isn't apparent to the public.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Golgo 13

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2006, 03:34:16 am »
Meh, visual quality still wouldn't be as good as it is on an official DVD. 
Besides, I much prefer using my DVD player as I can turn it off or on and skip through whatever without ever having to get off my bed. :P

That's why I re-encode the fansubs to MPEG-2 format, compensate for overscan, and author the episodes by setting up chapter points and such.

So not only can I watch my favorite subs on my TV, but I get to control where the scenes start and end at as well.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2006, 03:43:55 am »
That's why I re-encode the fansubs to MPEG-2 format, compensate for overscan, and author the episodes by setting up chapter points and such.

So not only can I watch my favorite subs on my TV, but I get to control where the scenes start and end at as well.

Nice going.  :)

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2006, 05:29:56 am »

See, all that?  Yeah, way too much work.  Much easier to go to a video store (or even better, buy online) and pop the DVD in the player.

As DN goes on, my admiration for Light continues to grow.  My dislike of L's eyes also continues to grow.
You know, none of these innocent people would have died in the first place if the police and L hadn't made 'Kira' out to be their enemy in the first place.  Just a thought.

Offline twik

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2006, 06:28:00 am »
As DN goes on, my admiration for Light continues to grow.  My dislike of L's eyes also continues to grow.
You know, none of these innocent people would have died in the first place if the police and L hadn't made 'Kira' out to be their enemy in the first place.  Just a thought.

You may be right, but then we'd have a boring series where a kid studies for exams and kills prisoners in his spare time.  Then again, we cannot forget that innocent people may occasionally become prisoners as well.  Light kills them without a second thought, treating them no better than lab rats in scientific experiments.  His downward spiral into evil is what makes this show so compelling for me to watch. 

Kudos to the L-E team.  Another job well done.

Offline sosanimeboy

• n00b Hero
  • LE Staff - Editor and Death Note Harem Alpha Male
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2006, 07:56:30 am »
I'm going to really miss Naomi-chan.....I was rather enamoured of her.

Swing by my place and experience a whole new world of pain...

Offline beloculus

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2006, 08:19:24 am »
::spoiler deleted:::

Suffice to say, I wasn't overly happy with the end of the last episode. ^^;;;

Oh well, I guess it's all in a day's work when you're an evil genius, ne?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 06:03:58 pm by beloculus »

Offline DenisKoh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2006, 11:38:06 am »
but did he really have to kill Naomi-san? :( Oh well, I guess it's all in a day's work when you're an evil genius, ne?

Yes he had to, otherwise he will be suspected

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2006, 11:39:58 am »
People, shouldn't it be a common sense that you don't let out spoilers in forums? ~_~

-Tsubasa

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2006, 12:40:35 pm »
You may be right, but then we'd have a boring series where a kid studies for exams and kills prisoners in his spare time.  Then again, we cannot forget that innocent people may occasionally become prisoners as well.  Light kills them without a second thought, treating them no better than lab rats in scientific experiments.  His downward spiral into evil is what makes this show so compelling for me to watch. 

Kudos to the L-E team.  Another job well done.

I think he places judgement on them. He's often said he only killed someone ebcause they were let free, despite clear evidence against them. With his detectivve skills, I think it would be rather easy for Light to figure out if someone was innocent or not judging his choice on given evidence.

think the most compelling part for me is seeing how far he's willing to go to be able to keep killing criminals. If you think, in the long run, he might even have to kill his father, as he's also on the investigation team. Would he be willing to go that far? And if he was, I think it'd really prove that he's not actually doing this for himself, but for the world, and is really a good guy, ina a kinda evil way. He's ruthlessly good to an extent.

Also, there are SO many times I've wanted to spoil, but I resisted.  It's quite hard when someone's come up with an idea you KNOW is wrong or something.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2006, 01:38:57 pm »
I think he places judgement on them. He's often said he only killed someone ebcause they were let free, despite clear evidence against them. With his detectivve skills, I think it would be rather easy for Light to figure out if someone was innocent or not judging his choice on given evidence.

think the most compelling part for me is seeing how far he's willing to go to be able to keep killing criminals. If you think, in the long run, he might even have to kill his father, as he's also on the investigation team. Would he be willing to go that far? And if he was, I think it'd really prove that he's not actually doing this for himself, but for the world, and is really a good guy, ina a kinda evil way. He's ruthlessly good to an extent.

Also, there are SO many times I've wanted to spoil, but I resisted.  It's quite hard when someone's come up with an idea you KNOW is wrong or something.

You make some good ponts here.

What I find intresting is that Light takes the role that the law usually have, and the things most of you call barbaric are things the law usually do. The only diffrence is that one person instead of multiple instances condemn the criminals. The reactions of most of you is quite positive since it shows that democracy is going to be the main form of rule for a little while more  :P
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2006, 01:46:15 pm »
Yes I'd appreciate it if this thread is kept spoiler-free  :).

Anyways, let's forget about the manga for a minute and think about what has happened over these seven episodes. I am not justifying Light's killing by any means since I seriously think he need to chill but just saying he didn't really kill that many innocent people as we are making it seem. There were people he killed who weren't exactly criminals but they were either being a source of problem for him and thereby a threat to our future enjoyment of DN  ;) OR generally bad guys who weren't found out yet. So he isn't as horrible as we're making him sound but at this rate still...one day....he'll pay.

-Tsubasa

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2006, 04:26:09 pm »
Hmm...maybe he believes they're a hindrace to the law,and so is acting like the laws that are already set down. If you (and i can't remember the technical terms in this instant) disrupt the procedures of law, you are arrested.

While, what Light is doing is severe, he may be keeping to those severes, as those people who he kills won't necessarily be on death row, especially not in other countries that dont' inflict the death penalty, and you get killed by him, no amtter what the severity of the crime is. Perhaps defiance of his idea is a crime to him, and so he believes those who are depicted as innnocent are guilty.

In a rather "twisted logic" kinda way, it makes some kinda sense. And he DID only kill 13 innocents (12 FBI + Naomi), not counting the guy L stuck on tv whose name escapes me at this time. And while placing value on someones life isn't right, it's not that many, compared to the hundreds of criminals he's killed so far.

We just htink it is, as we are actually told that all those people died, while he's still killing criminals, even while he's defending his position.

I think at the end of this series, I could write an essay on it. My posts are so looong.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline jmlz

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2006, 06:14:12 pm »
AHHH CLIFFHANGER EPISODE #7!

But thank you so much L-E girls, for subbing Death Note ^^
Great series and I have to say, beautiful subbing.