Author Topic: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.  (Read 255708 times)

Offline Cougar

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2006, 04:50:00 am »
Does anyone know why episode 8 and 9 both do not have any seeders? I want to see them really badly!   :'(  I currently have all of the books published and out in stores ^_^  Sad sad ending ...  But if you possibly can, please please please get some seeders?  ;)

Download the torrents and leech them. They work. The tracker is messed up on scarywater...so it just SAYS 0 seeders when really there are tons.

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2006, 05:11:39 am »
Oh, I just joined and I didn't get to mention anything earlier in this thread haha. I just want to say that Light is my favourite character in the series. I just like how he is confident and intelligent.

Finally, can anybody update me on the whole Viz situation? It appears that they are definately going to license Death Note since they have licensed the manga. Does anybody know when they are going to license it. I am just afraid because once it's licensed, Live-Evil will stop fan-subbing it and we are going to hear messed up voices in the translated version.
Well, first, welcome to the L-E forums. :)  Make sure to go introduce yourself in the General Forum (there's a thread there for new users to introduce themselves).

Secondly, yay, another Light fan!  Hmm, if the poll is still open, make sure to vote for him there. 

As for the Viz thing, they are not "definitely" going to license the anime.  They are most likely to, since they have the license to the manga, but the license can go to another company (which has happened with a number of other shows).  Yes, Live-Evil will stop subbing Death Note when or if a license is officially announced.  However, there's really no need for you to worry about the voices, because whatever company licenses the show will, undoubtedly, include the Japanese audio track with subtitles on the DVD.  So you will still be able to listen to those wonderful Japanese voices, all while watching a high-quality DVD release.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2006, 08:11:00 pm »
You guys have nothing to worry about if it gets licensed. At least america GETS dvd releases. :( I can be about 90% certain we won't get any releases in England. At all.

The only recent series I can think about that's been released is Naruto, and that's because it's on Jetix *pout*
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline User45701

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2006, 08:44:18 am »
Hi new to this site joined just because of this show i love it.
i watched 3 versions of episode 8 because i wanted to comare the differences in them and live evils is defiantly the best, Cheers

Also one or two things i dont understand.... http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/ has episode 9 but it does not say what time the episode was uploaded at. im trying to find what site will have the episode first? i cant wait for epsiode 10 it aired last nite and i just wanted to say that because  on your prokect site it has episode 10 listed as not being aired yet but it is aired.

There are already other copies of episode 10 on the net but i didnt even bother with it i know it cant be as good as liveevils.
Thanks again

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2006, 08:55:21 am »
Hi new to this site joined just because of this show i love it.
i watched 3 versions of episode 8 because i wanted to comare the differences in them and live evils is defiantly the best, Cheers

Also one or two things i dont understand.... http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/ has episode 9 but it does not say what time the episode was uploaded at. im trying to find what site will have the episode first? i cant wait for epsiode 10 it aired last nite and i just wanted to say that because  on your prokect site it has episode 10 listed as not being aired yet but it is aired.

There are already other copies of episode 10 on the net but i didnt even bother with it i know it cant be as good as liveevils.
Thanks again

Thanks for the compliment, to answer your question, our torrents always get upped to scarywater first. And as far as the projects page goes, it is not updated daily, so thats why it doesn't say aired yet.
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2006, 04:52:09 pm »
btw, in that signature bobby, Blue was talking about the ED to.....errr....Asatte I think. ;) ;D

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Qwarkman

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2006, 10:11:37 pm »
Hi, just had to register to say how much i love this show  ;D

You're doing a great job subbing it, thank you!

Greetings from cold Sweden  8)

Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2006, 10:25:55 pm »
Welcome =)

Cold sweden? We are having 10C over here (Norway), do you guys have snow now?

Ah, I'm truly looking forward to seeing how things develop in the next episode, with Light's new classmate and all  :D
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline Qwarkman

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2006, 12:02:49 am »
Welcome =)

Cold sweden? We are having 10C over here (Norway), do you guys have snow now?

Ah, I'm truly looking forward to seeing how things develop in the next episode, with Light's new classmate and all  :D

Hello there fellow scandinavian.
Ok, maybe not cold, but chilly ::) And windy, and rainy, I avoid going outside ;)

And yes I agree, things took a rather interesting turn last episode, I would love to see what happens next...  :)
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2006, 12:20:20 am »
10C?

Our hhighest ever recorded temperature for december was tuesday, and it was 9C.... T_T

British weather sucks, but I wouldn't have it any other way *snuggles up to hot chocolate*

I'm not sure if that's a spoiler or not.... *checks the end of episode 9*....*realises she hasn't watched episode 9*

Right well...

...*watched it* Right...no, it's not. I LOVE "watashi wa Eru desu" in Yamaguchi Kappei's voice SO SO much. Eheh...I squealed, and my mum came to check on me.

Light freaking out was a moment I was really looking forward to, when I read it in the manga. It's one of those key "OMGWTF?" moments where you're so shocked by the OOCness of the character, that it makes the plot so much more interesting.

One complaint: I wish they'd drawn L's feet cuter looking.  They're a key part to him! They should be smooth and cute, not bumpy and odd looking *pout* But they're still nice.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:50:00 am by kayryn »

Offline twik

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2006, 06:24:24 am »
It took me a while to do the conversion since I'm a stupid American, but I think Detroit, Michigan (where I'm from) is the winner so far at negative 7°C.

Is anyone else a bit wary about the upcoming "Tennis" episode?  I guess they'll just have to play their mind games in between serves.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 06:27:34 am by twik »

Offline Cougar

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2006, 06:50:51 am »
I just have one question, I think everybody should give their take on this.

What is the significance of the apple or apples? We see the apple in the intro, and we see Ryuk eating apples. Does this possibly have anything to do with why Ryuk is following Light?

Offline Shruikan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2006, 07:26:20 am »
Yeah, in episode 1 Ryuk eats a apple and is totally freaked out about the good taste, because in the Shinigami world nothing has flavour. So light just feeds him apples to keep him happy  ;D

Offline twik

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2006, 08:07:08 am »
Yeah, in episode 1 Ryuk eats a apple and is totally freaked out about the good taste, because in the Shinigami world nothing has flavour. So light just feeds him apples to keep him happy  ;D

Now imagine if he ever discovered chocolate...

The significance of the apple in the intro fits right along with Christian traditions symbolizing temptation and the fall of man.  This depiction is notable in that it is Ryuk that offers Light the apple in the intro and not the other way around.  If any doubt remains, the apple morphs into the Death Note at the end of the intro as if to say "yes, it really is this obvious."

This begs the question, why is Ryuk the one eating apples in the series?  I think it is just a fun character trait he was given (i.e., Awww, the scary death god is an apple junkie), but if someone really wanted to read into it, they might have an argument that Ryuk's taste for apples parallels his fascination with Light and his usage of the Death Note.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2006, 08:48:29 am »
Apples are like an addiction to him.

I'm not sure if he still ate them in the shinigami world, but in this world, if he doens't have any, his body twists up, like it did before (thus Light having to feed him the apple) It MAY be that it's supposed to represent how Light believes himself as a God, and thus is passing the temptation onto others?

But there is also little to no allusions to religion and God in the series, save for mentions of it. there's nothing blunt, such as in Evamgelion, so it may just be a slight "pun" (for lack a better word) when he picture is there, with Light in Adam's place, and Ryuk taking up the other position.

One quick little tidbit of information for ya: There actually WAS no apple mentioned in the bible during the fall of Adam and Eve. It only says "fruit" when referring to the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and so it could have been any fruit, rather than an apple.