Author Topic: How many episodes is Deathnote?  (Read 15071 times)

Offline blackman3000

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
How many episodes is Deathnote?
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:38:20 pm »
I know there is already a movie out for it and I have seen the posters for the second movie.  I am assuming it's going to be around 24 episodes like a normal anime series.  Because making two movies out of 12 episodes would be rather difficult.  But two movies out of 24 episodes is still pretty radical.  Is Deathnote by any chance ongoing like Naruto or Bleach?

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How many episodes is Deathnote?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:42:39 pm »
I think they are planning on running 37 episodes....
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:03:04 am »
The movies are, in fact, entirely unreleated to the series, I would think, as the first movie has told a different story (though same general plot) to the anime.

Death note is based off a manga that's already been completed, and is sticking quite true to the manga, so far, so it won't be ongoing, and, as hostghost said, it's planned for 37 episodes. Manga-wise, they're up to about...volume 3 so far, with episode 10, and half way through the volume at that, so I'd say it's perhaps about 4 episodes per volume, give or take.

12 volumes, so that makes it 36 episodes. Basic maths, but it's a good estimate *oddly proud of self*
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline xjapan

• n00b Hero
  • hide of X ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 01:24:32 pm »
Currently we only have 10 well at least that are subbed  :'(

But the number of total episodes that will be aired is supposedly 37.
So there ya go
Blow your mind ~

<3 my babies Robin & Leena

Offline Vengeaner

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 07:58:15 pm »
In 10 episodes we had around 20 chapters out of 110? how could it be 37 episodes then? ( I did not read manga so im not sure how intense chapters later will be, probably they became shoter?)

Offline woonie

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 04:27:43 am »
I have this feeling that it only shows until Book 7, when ----- dies, at the rate it's going.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 08:34:12 pm »
I think it'll run the whole way, but after book 7, when ----- is gone, it'll become slightly rushed, as the manga most certainly wasn't as good, nor popular without -----.

the chapters are short at the begninng, and become longer as they go along, I felt. though I'm only up to book 9, so they may indeed become shorter. there are some chapters that were complex, bu not much happened, and other where the plot was simple, but a lot happened. In the anime, there are certain things that won't take as much time to explain.

Book 1 only had 7 chapters, whereas the others, bar 12, have 9 chapters. Book 12 has 11 chapters.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline Nyaz

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 09:43:00 pm »
Wait, wait, wait. There's a movie? And Yagami Light isn't in it?  >:(
That saddens me a little.

Offline phoenixphire24

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 03:09:59 am »
The movie does have Light in it! The 2 movies cover roughly the first 7 volumes of the manga, basically the first story arc. The first movie ends with Light and L meeting, and then movie 2 covers the rest of the first story arc with a bit of a different end since the movie doesn't go into the second arc. Frankly it's a good thing. I LOVE Death Note, but the second arc was almost painful for me to read. The movie covered the events that I love and ended there.