Author Topic: Captain Harlock/Queen Millennia *dub* torrents  (Read 6525 times)

Offline Artel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Captain Harlock/Queen Millennia *dub* torrents
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:55:32 pm »
First of all, since I'm new it might be best to say that I'm a massive fan of all the Matsumoto goodness that Live-Evil have provided so far, and obviously look forward to more of the same in the future! :)

However, while looking up the good Captain Harlock on Wikipedia the other day, I noticed a claim in the entry that there was apparently a fan edit going around using the Harmony Gold mashed-together dub of Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years. The really interesting thing about this edit is that both series had apparently been separated into the original two shows.

It took me a while, but there are indeed torrents of these fan edits of both series out there, from an outfit calling themselves Village Video. Further searching has turned up nothing on this shadowy (but skilled!) group, and unfortunately not all of the episodes are currently being seeded, even though they only went up a couple of months ago.

I guess this post is both a) to inform anyone out there who's interested in another take on classic Matsumoto series (since these edits are quite low-key at the moment), and b) to try and find out a little more about Village Video and what else they've done (and indeed, what they may be working on in the future!).