Author Topic: Anything at Any Time for Anyone  (Read 46426 times)

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Anything at Any Time for Anyone
« on: November 13, 2006, 10:22:21 am »
First and foremost I want to make clear I'm not intentionally trying to clutter the forums up with useless, unrelated posts. So if this is removed by an Admin then it deserved to be and life will go on forward.
However upon reading most of the threads in this general forum I noticed some things.
Some topics are started and die off for many months, some go in the opposite direction of where they are suppose to end. And some, which I can truely can't comment upon because I wasn't there and it's not my place should have not been drug out that far.
Baring all the rules that apply since the leaders made this forum, I , being the uneducated ego-centric person I am. Thought a thread to post anything about at any given time for anyone who wishes to post anything and for those who choose to read to comment or not on any given subject.
For instance the 2 year old video game thread, one day I might ask assistance or taste on a particular game, the next I might want to buy a anime DVD and see if anyone has viewed such material before.
Simply put in creating uselessness I'm trying to prevent the very same.
This could be a very bad idea, but that is an after thought.

So, I'll start...currently I'm at work(Call Center) bored out my mind searching for things to do...if anyone knows of some interesting sites that are easy to pick up on let me know, or perhaps there is some simple pen and paper game I have yet to hear of.

P.S. Yes, live journal and Myspace exist , but the views of anime-lovers about non-anime things tends to differ than the general population whose minds are oblivious to our fantasy world.

P.P.S Does anyone know where I can pick up the Devil Hunter Yohko special DVD set from ADV?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:24:15 am by Draconis »
" No one really wants to die.."

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
Re: Anything at Any Time for Anyone
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:36:08 am »
Don't worry, Tsubasa reads every thread and even responds to them. So you aren't alone <_<

For your Devil Hunter Yohko DVD, you can check out TRSI's website at www.rightstuf.com

P.S. Myspace sucks my left nut :(
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 10:42:44 am »
* Tsubasa decides never to tell Mamo her livejournal username.

As for this thread, don't worry, we only lock threads, don't deletem 'em.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 04:15:03 pm »
Thanks Mamo I found a few things I was looking for there.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 07:06:32 pm »
Thanks for starting a good thread here. There are too any people who start multiple threads about the same stuff, or make a new thread to ask questions that were previously answered. So good for you that you decided not to be one of those people. ;)

And on a different note, Fushigi Yuugi rocks, animemusicvideos rock, and I'm tired now, so I'm going to take a nap.  :D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:56 pm »
Draconis, if you're really bored at work, you can always play games at any of the millions of sites that offer them.  I personally enjoy Yahoo games. 

I would recommend for anyone looking to buy R1 DVDs to use www.dvdpricesearch.com in addition to checking sites like TRSI.  DVD Price Search will show you what sites have whatever you're looking for cheapest (and the prices are usually cheaper than at TRSI).  However, DVD Price Search does not include TRSI or other anime-specific sites, so you should check those separately to find the lowest price.

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 03:13:03 am »
Thanks bobby6...and I agree animemusicvideos rock

Keepergirl, I play games sometimes but get bored by them as well and thanks for the anime info.

I was going to post an idea of mine earlier but realized it was too much to ask of Anime fans who don't know me ( well that was gonna be that point) but I don't want to show everyone how insane I am just yet...

Oh FYI cause' I know everyone cares sooooo much I watched Ghost Hunt 1 & 2 and am hooked on that as well...so for the time being I anticipate waiting for:
Death Note
Bleach
Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori
Ghost Hunt
BBB
Busou Renkin

In that order of my favorites...

I start work in a few hours so I should probably get some sleep...
just to leave something more than babble for those who haven't checked out the American cartoon skits Neroutically Yours feature Foamy check out www.Illwillpress.com I 99.9 % sure you'll find yourself laughing at a least one of the episodes

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 03:21:48 am »
Well, personally, I'm delighted that you're hooked on Ghost Hunt. But only because it boosts my ego.  :P
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 04:01:50 am »
Well, another thing you can do at work is watch the mindless entertainment that is ytmnd.  I personally recommend Cosby Vocoder 2 for extremely addictive music.  (By the way, if you can't play sound at work, don't bother with ytmnd.)

Yes, yes, Ghost Hunt is the awesomeness.  Make sure to hound Blue Mage quite often for new episodes- I hear he loves that sort of thing.  ;)
Truthfully, Ghost Hunt and Death Note are easily my two favorite shows this season.  In fact, I was really in the mood to watch something creepy/ scary earlier, and I had nothing because I've already watched everything from that genre.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 04:14:56 am »
Well, personally, I'm delighted that you're hooked on Ghost Hunt. But only because it boosts my ego.  :P

Hey Blue, where is my episode 3?  :D

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 07:56:35 am »
Did any of you watch Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori? It can't get much darker than that.
Shinsen is doing a good job with it so far...never heard of Ayu and it shows the 4th episode Ayu put out and I can't stand watching it past the op karoke.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 08:01:29 am »
Shitsen doing a good job?

>_>

Don't mention them in these forums.

-Tsubasa

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 08:09:50 am »
Yep, I'm also watching Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori.  While it is a darker anime, I actually think Death Note is the overall darkest.  Way more death and insanity disguised as normalcy.  The only thing that bothers me about Jigoku Shoujo is that it's so episodic.  The first season took quite a while to get down to a multiple episode plot.  I'm hoping this season doesn't do the same.  With episodic shows, there's no way they can leave you at the edge of your seat until the next episode in the same ways shows like Death Note and Ghost Hunt do.  I still do very much like the series though. 

Overall, I prefer series like Ghost Hunt because of the creepiness factor.  The unknown is much scarier and creepier than the known.  With Jigoku Shoujo, you're almost always 'in the know.'  With Ghost Hunt, no one's 'in the know' except for the writers.

(Ha ha, I was going to warn you not to mentionn the S-group in front of Tsubie, but she apparently beat me to it. ^^)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 08:37:47 am »
Yes this 'S-group' is really something I can write a whole essay about.

Anyone would like to take a guess at my username in their forums? Not that I post there or anything. I am just registered.

-Tsubasa

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 08:40:46 am »
No one cares what you registered. Its not relevant to this topic.
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.