Author Topic: Anything at Any Time for Anyone  (Read 46257 times)

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Anything at Any Time for Anyone
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 01:51:22 pm »
Hence I am the queen.

BTW, credit that title to another forum member hostghost. He came up with it.

-Tsubasa

Yay! The queen knows who I am!  :D

I feel flattered...
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2006, 03:50:18 am »
I just don't if to be happy or sad now.  :'( Getting the remaining raws will be a pain.
Well, I was proven wrong.  Apparently, the Kashimashi torrents are still up on Doremi's scarywater tracker- only KnKF took the ones on their tracker down (I'm very surprised at this- I thought Scarywater stayed on top of this stuff pretty well).  The Keroro torrents are also still on Doremi's scarywater page.  (In case Scarywater does catch on and removes the torrents, Doremi also has another tracker.)
Ladholyman also said on the forums that the subbing will continue until he runs out of resources, which I'm assuming means until he finishes subbing the R3s that he has.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2006, 05:28:57 am »
R1, R2 and now R3?  :o What's that?

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2006, 05:34:05 am »
R3 = Chinese releases

Lad speaks and understands Chinese, but not Japanese (he's taking Jap. courses now that he's in college).  I believe the same holds true for Maceart.  Thus, Lad translates Keroro from the Chinese.

Edit: Just to clarify, mainland China is apparently R6.  However, southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and a few other places are R3.  It's still in Chinese, though.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 05:48:44 am by keepergirl »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2006, 06:56:50 am »
* Tsubasa wonders where falls R4 and R5 then.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2006, 07:21:41 am »
* Tsubasa wonders where falls R4 and R5 then.

-Tsubasa

RC0 - No Region Coding
RC1 - United States of America, Canada
RC2 - Europe, including France, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Arabia, Japan and South Africa
RC3 - Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Borneo and Indonesia
RC4 - Australia and New Zealand, Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America
RC5 - India, Africa, Russia and former USSR countries
RC6 - Peoples Republic of China
RC7 - Unused
RC8 - Airlines/Cruise Ships
RC9 - Expansion (often used as region free)

In other words,, It's all a big F-ing rip off,, go and buy a hacked DVD player!   ;D
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2006, 07:24:52 am »
Tsubie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

There's a chart with all the different region codes and their respective regions.

I think it's odd how Japan is R2, when geographically it falls into the areas that are R3 through R6.

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2006, 08:17:14 am »

Yes, a non-region coded player is the way to go!!!...or use computer software to disable copyright protection, disable region code and burn new copy...that might be too much work for some people...but I had lots of practice...
What me? no I didn't say anything Mr.officer ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 08:20:15 am by Draconis »
" No one really wants to die.."

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2006, 08:39:00 am »
sou ka naruhodo.

* Tsubasa nods nods.

-Tsubasa

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2006, 06:51:03 pm »
My DVD-RW (pioneer) is region free :)
It plays r2s flawlessly
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2006, 06:02:23 am »
My DVD-RW (pioneer) is region free :)
It plays r2s flawlessly

Yokattane Mamo-chan  :D

-Tsubasa

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2006, 11:18:17 am »
Here's some questions for anyone that wishes to take the time.

Have you/have you seen complicated conversations that don't actually refer to any  one thing. That is to say speak/type for an hour about nothing because you feel it's necessary, and maybe behind it you have pondered something to no end and looked at every single angle till you can no longer talk about so when you do talk it doesn't pertain to an exact event but was brought upon you over complication of the simplicity of these...

kinda like that, for good or for bad to use an old saying I make mountains over ant hills...for some things this is very useful. But for others my family and friends can't understand me and get to that  "level"

If you know what I'm attempting to say then any acknowledge or pm would be appreciated.

I expect anything from"I think that deep myself as well all the time" all the way to"umm you got issues maybe you should seek professional help."

Just cause I think all the time I thought I would share my randomness.

( Yes, my brain really never stops I always think forever about everything)
" No one really wants to die.."

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2006, 01:34:50 pm »
Have you/have you seen complicated conversations that don't actually refer to any  one thing. That is to say speak/type for an hour about nothing because you feel it's necessary, and maybe behind it you have pondered something to no end and looked at every single angle till you can no longer talk about so when you do talk it doesn't pertain to an exact event but was brought upon you over complication of the simplicity of these...

Happens all the time I think 'I'll stay around and see what happens for a bit', especially on IRC.

kinda like that, for good or for bad to use an old saying I make mountains over ant hills...for some things this is very useful. But for others my family and friends can't understand me and get to that  "level"

My folks do the mountaining over ant hills a lot more than me so I get to be the quiet one.

I expect anything from"I think that deep myself as well all the time" all the way to"umm you got issues maybe you should seek professional help."

Hmm sometimes I felt the others at my home needed that. and my dad in the opposite respect....he never makes mountains where he needs to and always makes them where there is no need.

( Yes, my brain really never stops I always think forever about everything)

Same with me too, even if I got a bunch of other stuff to take care of and worry about. ~_~

-Tsubasa

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2006, 02:53:13 pm »
I discuss quite a lot with my friends and we drag conversations way over our heads, but happily they are realy good friends and we naturally and gradually change subjects. Me and my two best friends met last friday and talked for 6 hours without the conversation getting stale, dry or unnatural. I treasure this so highly. If you do find someone that you can talk naturally to about anything, do hold on to them.
Obtaining "the art of conversation" is quite hard actually, because you have to leave most of your ego at the door and meet people with the feeling that they have something to give you, and not the other way around. And then to be able to do this and still don't loose your self in it all.

About your thinking, brains never stop. If they do you are "dead" or "braindead". The fact that you are aware of your thoughts is the main factor. It develops you, but not only your good sides, through contemplation you will find plenty of things you would rather leave alone. But if you have the strength to deal with them then you truly will grow.
A main catalyst for psykosis is contemplation though, so isolation and solitude can\will enhance the "problems" you are experiencing.

Hmmm, perhaps this was a bit off what you were initally discussing.....
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2006, 03:14:11 pm »
Sometimes thinking endlessly about things can give you headaches, eventually becoming chronicle and leading to a brain tumor. So this thing needs to be under control. I remember before I discovered fansubbing I used to lie down idly in bed during summer vacation not having anything to watch on TV but not feeling sleepy either and hence lying wide awake thinking about stuff that weren't worth all these precious sleeping hours. So just by lying there, by the end of two hours, I'd develop a headache and by the end of five hours, hunger. Thank God, at least that was taken care of to *some* extent. Now I don't have headaches as frequently as I used to before although

uhhh.....

nvm

it's a thing thy queen shall not disclose.  :P :-[ ;)

-Tsubasa