Author Topic: Anything at Any Time for Anyone  (Read 46272 times)

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Anything at Any Time for Anyone
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 08:45:17 am »
Is anything relevant to this topic?

And besides, the "S-group" is capable of producing some very good work. I'm rather looking forward to watching that old space opera they put out today...
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 08:46:28 am »
*runs and hides*
Any others I should be for warned about?

I think what makes and breaks the show is the fact that each episode can introduce new characters and then leave them without saying goodbye.
while we can't build that relantionship and wonder what will happen to them next , I like the change of pace .
to me it means there is no set end ...Asupervisor here read the DN manga and while itsgets better and better and the plot always turns in all directions, you can't help but know it will eventually come to the end .
but because of popularity and 2 live actions I can prob bet safe that DN will win in the episode count category
" No one really wants to die.."

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 08:47:08 am »
Of-course when the S-group gives you translators you tend to become biased.  :(

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 08:50:35 am »
Bullshit.

I do my best never to prejudice myself against a group because of their past work. Each project should be judged on its own merits. Just the same as each staff member should be judged on their own merits.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 08:55:32 am »
And besides, the "S-group" is capable of producing some very good work.
Completely agree with you there.

*runs and hides*
Any others I should be for warned about?

I think what makes and breaks the show is the fact that each episode can introduce new characters and then leave them without saying goodbye.
while we can't build that relantionship and wonder what will happen to them next , I like the change of pace .
to me it means there is no set end ...Asupervisor here read the DN manga and while itsgets better and better and the plot always turns in all directions, you can't help but know it will eventually come to the end .
but because of popularity and 2 live actions I can prob bet safe that DN will win in the episode count category
For the first part, check your PMs.  ;)

As for the part about DN, DN is expected to be 37 episodes, although I don't know how many live actions will be made.  I'm assuming Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori will be 26, as the original Jigoku Shoujo was.
The only thing about there being no set end is that things start to go stale after a while.  I was so relieved during the first season when they introduced the little girl and her father, because I knew that we had finally reached some sort of an over-arching plot.  The episodes before that were very predictable to me.  I hate predictability.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 09:07:11 am »
I'd like to ask something myself now.

Anyone knows how long Ghost Hunt and Yamato Nadeshiko no Shinchi Henge is going to be?

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 09:09:33 am »
I'm kinda in the middle of both views, while I try not to be biased based on past experience it still plays a factor.

But the true problem for both sides of the argument is true for most things.
You tell more people about bad expirences than good ones.
If I watch a series and the subtitles are excellent Ill try anything they have to offer, but if they are poor I will be werry and cautious on return visits.

all our views on this differ in some way, but one thing is normally true...dissapointment normally outweighs satisfaction

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 09:19:05 am »
anything is revelant or not...that was my goal in making such thread.
I myself have in the past and will ignore posts if it's not what I feel like discussing.

Who subbed the first season?I didnt even know about it until last week.

Don't know anything about those shows length tsubie so can't help you there.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:23:38 am by Draconis »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 09:26:04 am »
Yeah and I am always disappointed by S-group and it's deeds and stories I hear...mostly inside stuff.  :(

Ok,
Enough of S-group.
-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:37:37 am by Tsubasa »

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 09:27:18 am »
Tsubie, no idea how long Ghost Hunt will be, but the wiki says that Yamato Nadeshiko will be 25 episodes.

Draconis, the first season was subbed by at least Ayu and Shinsen.  I know Ayu has a batch torrent out for it, Shinsen probably does as well.

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 09:40:16 am »
Thanks keepergirl, I have something else to find , watch and waste time on now  ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 09:42:59 am »
Tsubie, no idea how long Ghost Hunt will be, but the wiki says that Yamato Nadeshiko will be 25 episodes.

Oh thanks, you got no idea what a BIG help that is.

* Tsubasa was trying to calculate the total amount she needs to manage getting in order to get blank CDs to store her fansubs.

-Tsubasa

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 09:21:40 am »
That's soo not cool.
I typed up some useless knowledge but knowledge none the less and it timed out on me.
So for the moment this is the I'm not only very sleepy but very mad thread >:(

I get to watch Bleach tonight, and soon comes the awesomeness of DN...then I shall be happy.

Has anyone heard/tried polyphasic/byphasic or alternate sleep patterns?
I have to change my sleep pattern which will take a rigid schedule and goal settings, so if you havn't heard of different sleep patters can you make and reach goals? Cause I only dissapoint myself lately.

Enough uselessness for now

*Draco goes back to pretending to work

aahh it did it again...thanks bejebus i copied before trying to post, what's up with that anyways?
you know I have no nightlife and need to be able to post at all times, my nonsense must be spread...
good thing I made a generic thread...
If I ever able to post this I would like to continually thank the fansub community for giving thier time and more so we can enjoy pleasures
we would normally never see.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 09:37:59 am »
I guess nothing makes you feel better when there's something you really really want and someone else less-deserving gets it and you just get more stuff taken away and begin losing value and self-esteem day by day and this particular thing doesn't allow you to focus on any of the other tons of work you need to get done and promises you've made to tons of people in real-life just because this 'thing' meant a bigger personal achievement, satisfaction and promise for you than anything else that were much more worthwhile and easy to obtain and you've either failed to grasp it or you've been failed by others whom in effect failed you and you're just trying to get a way, a direction, from all these things. And you realise, it's getting nowhere and only threatening to make the future worse for you. ><

* Tsubasa sighs.

And given this is what you feel after you wake up in the morning and you realise you'll have worse days as time pass.

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 09:50:30 am by Tsubasa »

Offline Draconis

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 09:45:17 am »
I'll give you a cyber hug if you don't slap me.

I know what you mean...one day at a time...that's how I live now, that's my way to cope