Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 257645 times)

ace1262

Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #405 on: June 13, 2006, 04:40:45 pm »
Personally, i prefer Kuro-sama in a hakama or battle robe...
I don't know why but i'm against the idea of him being put in a modern "bad-boy" or "rebel" wardrobe...he's more like the type of a feudal-era guy i guess...

Heck...i disapprove of his pose that sometimes appear in the middle of the show...he's trying to act cool but does not quite show it...its like he's trying too hard to look cool...forced even...

The rest of the crew is normal, i think, because the poses are indeed based on their true personality...

EG: Fye always has a sinister smile, Syaoran is the ever-competitive yet pleasant person with the fist, Sakura shows her innocent, gentle side, while Kurogane already looks cool without stroking his hair backwards...

I don't know...what about you people?

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 13, 2006, 04:49:32 pm »
You guys see the Sakura/Makona PVCs that are for sale yet?

Check House of Anime.

Offline Razzu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 13, 2006, 05:45:24 pm »
Hells bells, Fye sans clothing always works for me...

And o/t but, PVCs?
Your dreams aren't telling you anything, they're trying to wake you up

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 13, 2006, 07:39:13 pm »
I just found out that site I told you about    www.dvdplanet.com    is actually doing international delivery, however the shipping fee is murder and also the DVDs are in region 1.

But I think it's worth it because I got my CCS boxset the original ones for 120 bucks while it's retail price would cost me about 230 bucks. So you can buy DVDs from there international now but you'll have a longer wait because US customers will have priority.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 14, 2006, 12:30:40 am »
Thanks for that. But i find sometimes that Amazon has stuff availible from the US, as there's international sellers (bit like ebay) that sell the same items amazon haven't released yet, as it's the british site. Personally, glad for that, as I do NOT wanna have to wait months for Gravitation manga.

Kurogane's pretty cool, but I guess the hair stroking-ness is supposed to reflect this personality. A lot of "I don't give, I'm a badass" characters do it. One i can think of for now - Shadow The Hedgehog....just sprining to mind. And I do like him in a form-fitting Tee, I've gotta admit. But the hakama was pretty aweosme. His original clothes win though, what with him looking all smexy in black... I guess the hair thing's supposed to sorta say "here, I've got scruffy hair, but I don't care!"
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline TsubasaSeraphina

• n00b Hero
  • BISHIES! ...Err...
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2006, 03:44:16 am »
Personally, i prefer Kuro-sama in a hakama or battle robe...
I don't know why but i'm against the idea of him being put in a modern "bad-boy" or "rebel" wardrobe...he's more like the type of a feudal-era guy i guess...

Heck...i disapprove of his pose that sometimes appear in the middle of the show...he's trying to act cool but does not quite show it...its like he's trying too hard to look cool...forced even...

The rest of the crew is normal, i think, because the poses are indeed based on their true personality...

EG: Fye always has a sinister smile, Syaoran is the ever-competitive yet pleasant person with the fist, Sakura shows her innocent, gentle side, while Kurogane already looks cool without stroking his hair backwards...

I don't know...what about you people?

Well, with poor Kuro-poo I think the personality issues are just CLAMP setting up a nice little side-plot for the yaoi fangirls, *curses CLAMP for making her favorite characters gay (and not just in Tsubasa either) ... such a waste* I mean, if you watch enough anime, CLAMP in particular (I've seen practically everything they've put out...), the possibilites that the Kuro-rinxFai pairing is more than wishful thinking on the yaoi fangirls part really isn't suprising at all.

In CCS for an example, you've got Yukito, who has that same gentle, overly-happy personality as Fai, with the gentle physical image to match. And the you have Toya, once again, same sorta personality as Kuro; a badass with darker looks to match, so the two charcters are pretty much oposite, though really they're both really angsty teens who are constantly putting up a front, which I would not hesitate to presume, is exactly what CLAMP intended to portray. So, just based on expirence, I'd say that CLAMP probably will further the Kuro-samaxFai relationship, for various reasons. (though I still think it's such a waste...)

Annnyways, as far as Kuro-tan's clothing, I really do think he looks good hakama, and I especially like his original outfit, but for some reason I just lurve that darn shirt and jacket, but like Fai, he looks pretty shemxy in just about all his outfits so far.

....oooooh yeeaah.... I keep forgeting to rant about how cute Syaoran is...

cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute...

(really, he's not getting enough credit. =P )

PS: Ace, calling Fai-chan's adorable smile "sinister" is like, blaspheme or something. *readies the holy water... (Alucard, stand aside xD)*

~*Eternal Snow*~
Hold me tight, if I think like this,
I didn't want to know, what it was like to fall in love
I love you, My tears won't stop,
Therefore, I should be free of you

ace1262

« Reply #411 on: June 14, 2006, 06:07:01 am »
PS: Ace, calling Fai-chan's adorable smile "sinister" is like, blasphemy or something. *readies the holy water... (Alucard, stand aside xD)*

Well...its kinda sinister to me because of the fact that he's got a secret to hide, just like Yukito who's really Yue. Its so far working isn't it? Just like CCS, S&S don't even know much about Fye...but like Touya knowing Yukito=Yue, Kurogane is more or less aware of Fye's secret past...since he's got one himself...

Offline Razzu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 14, 2006, 10:14:46 am »
In CCS for an example, you've got Yukito, who has that same gentle, overly-happy personality as Fai, with the gentle physical image to match. And the you have Toya, once again, same sorta personality as Kuro; a badass with darker looks to match, so the two charcters are pretty much oposite,

I too cant help but see Kuro/Fai in a similar light as Yukito/Touya and was wondering why I thought that as I'd not seen anything *overtly* yaoi from them. 

But you're right, I think it is due to their physical similarity to Yukito/Touya.  Good catch on that [though now it seems terrrrrrrrribly obvious to me]!

Offline Lumivalkea

• n00b Hero
  • Generally insane
    • View Profile
    • ElJay
« Reply #413 on: June 14, 2006, 03:06:11 pm »
I too cant help but see Kuro/Fai in a similar light as Yukito/Touya and was wondering why I thought that as I'd not seen anything *overtly* yaoi from them. 

But you're right, I think it is due to their physical similarity to Yukito/Touya.  Good catch on that [though now it seems terrrrrrrrribly obvious to me]!

Read the manga, darlings... KuroFai is a lot more obvious in the manga than in the anime. (Fay's incessant name calling that goes beyond the ones he's using in the anime, glomping, and the list goes on...  ;D)

Offline Razzu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 14, 2006, 03:45:29 pm »
Read the manga, darlings...

[stares wistfully over at her TRC Vol 1 on the bookshelf]  You know a complete stranger on dar interwebz advising me to read more volumes is the perfect reason I was looking for to drop serious $£€ on the rest of the series! Genius!

Offline TsubasaSeraphina

• n00b Hero
  • BISHIES! ...Err...
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 14, 2006, 08:29:53 pm »
Read the manga, darlings... KuroFai is a lot more obvious in the manga than in the anime. (Fay's incessant name calling that goes beyond the ones he's using in the anime, glomping, and the list goes on...  ;D)
I want to, but I have this obsesive compulsive thing about buying all the mangas in one series before moving on to the next, and I happen to be buying Rurouni Kenshin at the momment (and I've got 8 more volumes left to buy ~_~). Also, the Tsubasa mangas are one the pricy side right now, and they probably won't go down anytime soon (Ooooh yeah, I forgot, I'm also buying the Host Club mangas, because I love bishies). Though, regaurdless of the price, when I finish buying RK, TRC is next on my list...

~*Eternal Snow*~

Offline b4k4ni04

• n00b Hero
  • b4k4^ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2006, 12:23:19 am »
Also, the Tsubasa mangas are on the pricy side right now, and they probably won't go down anytime soon
oO; where do you check your prices? As far as I know amazon.com is still as cheap as I've ever seen them, oh well Yay for procrastinating over finals and watching Tsubasa raws as well :3. also yay for all the years i've studied japanese ^^. 8) <-- i guess that looks smug what do ya'll think :P?
hmm Tsubasa actually hasn't posted in this thread since his ultimatum post. I think i'm impressed. Oh well same now goes for me until i'm done with my finals.
Many thanks to all who work hard to get episodes completed around here and more thanks for dealing with all us (im)patient fans :P

~b4k4..
*bzzt* I'm too damn lazy to think up a sig, try again later

~b4k4

Offline TsubasaSeraphina

• n00b Hero
  • BISHIES! ...Err...
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2006, 02:42:41 am »
Well, the price is averaging about 9 bucks a pop, I don't know about amazon, since I don't check there, being as I don't have a credit card, so generally I buy all my manga at local bookstores, I just look around to see who has the best price/deals. Some mangas that I haven't found there I order off walmart.com (I buy a gift card in the store so I don't need a credit card for that.)

~*Eternal Snow*~

Offline b4k4ni04

• n00b Hero
  • b4k4^ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 15, 2006, 02:44:31 am »
ah ok.
*bzzt* I'm too damn lazy to think up a sig, try again later

~b4k4

Kaishi Zero

« Reply #419 on: June 15, 2006, 06:24:46 am »
What is the process of applying subtitles to it anyhow? Adobe After Effects?