Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 257320 times)

Offline kratosauron0

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2006, 06:42:44 am »
yeah... I hope the quality's supurb with this next episode... (more than usual)
but still... can someone give an estimate on how much longer the delay will be?  So people stop asking (at least for awhile) :-\

This reminds me of the big Episode 26 wait...

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2006, 08:01:17 am »
The way I see it...unless you contribute in some significant way you don't have a right to bitch about a delayed episode especially since it's for free. I'll stick with my first suggestion....you want it THAT badly go learn Japanese, and "it's too hard" or "I don't have the time" is NOT an excuse. It's only hard because you make it hard. And you spend most of your life on the CAN(toilet) so learn there.

Kaishi Zero

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2006, 08:06:57 am »
Tsubasa when it's done from start to finish will be a 72 ep series.

The excuse that it's a long series FAILS IT

NEXT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

-gumbaloom
PS whats wrong with a 4GB batch torrent? If people could be bothered you'd get fast leech.

Broken into 3 seasons, 26 episodes each.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2006, 08:45:57 am »
So you're saying you think of each series as an entirely different show, basically?

The longer anime always go into much more detail. Naruto is currently on episode 184 and is based off a mange 31 volumes long (so far) and they still have to miss out a LOT of details. Shows like Air and Elfen Lied (which I have watched) seem to skip out details, shorten arcs to two epsiode stories and never quite leave a perfectly satisfying conclusion.

Gravitation is 13 episodes long, and they literally slaughtered the story compared to the manga when they made it into the anime. I'm only up to volume six and already can so so many changes that they made, which they shouldn't have.

I dunno if this is even going anywhere, but I guess I could make the point that obvisouly some people don't have big enough memories or the time/ patience to watch long series', while others can vary quite easily.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline uplink2010

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2006, 01:20:38 pm »
I find that a lot of people are too impatient! They should learn to wait! I know working on videos isn't easy as I work on some myself. It takes a lot of time and you can't rush things. Especially where translating is concerned. Everyone should learn to chill and wait wouldn't you agree?

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2006, 02:53:05 pm »
i have faith that tofu will be gone long enough that when he gets back itll be licensed and dropped
:o

My my,, how negitive you are!
 :(
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2006, 04:26:06 pm »
Ah. You need to leanr that Bastard, basically, lives up to his name. just ignore anything he says, really.

Offline pyn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2006, 11:59:25 pm »
why does live evil and dattebayo work on the subs together?  it seems more cumbersome to send files between two groups which i dont even think live in the same country.  as well as how dattebayo actually has guts to sub licensed anime while live-evil doesnt do those things.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006, 12:40:09 am »
I'm gonna be rude and answer this when an admin really should. hehe.

Gumba said, at one point, that it's only Tofu from Live-Evil actually working on Tsubasa, with Datte Bayo. And I believe files need to be transferred between people in the same country while subbing, too, so it's not really much different (apart from time difference).

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2006, 12:54:57 am »
why does live evil and dattebayo work on the subs together?  it seems more cumbersome to send files between two groups which i dont even think live in the same country.  as well as how dattebayo actually has guts to sub licensed anime while live-evil doesnt do those things.

I would think that the actual files sent back and forth are rather small. IE text files containing the subtitles and the time codes.

Sample
Dialogue: Marked=0,0:08:50.82,0:08:52.14,*Default,Sakura,0000,0000,0000,,What's wrong, Rika-chan?
Dialogue: Marked=0,0:08:53.35,0:08:56.89,*Default,Rika,0000,0000,0000,,Oh, nothing.  I just wonder who our next teacher will be...
Dialogue: Marked=0,0:09:04.10,0:09:05.56,*Default,Shaoran,0000,0000,0000,,We made it in time.

Back when I was still doing this sort of thing we were split up over a 200+ mile area and we sent files to each other VIA ftp.

And since I am sure DB and LE are working off of the same source they really dont have to be passing large files to each other. And even if they do, in this day and age of "cheap" broadband it is not that big of a deal.

-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Azalie

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2006, 12:58:29 am »
Such anger in these forums.. I just signed up to ask: is there any actual Tsubasa FANS here? This post seems to have turned into a war between people who hate Tsubasa and people who are asking when it's going to be released. Where have all the fans who want to talk about the show gone..?
I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to the release of episode 29 whenever it happens to come out, because I'm sure it'll be worth it  :) As for the Tsubasa haters.. why are you in these forums if you hate it so much? >.> No offense, but there are far better things you could be doing with your life than coming on here and saying theres tons of shows better than Tsubasa and that fans are stupid for liking it, etc. etc. We all have our own opinions, so can you PLEASE keep the flames to yourself so people like me can actually ENJOY reading these forums? Thanks.

Offline Eolo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2006, 01:17:58 am »
Having been a CLAMP fan for many years, I have to agree that Tsubasa isn't their most brilliant masterpiece, for those who've read all their other mangas and followed their work, it's refreshing to see many characters we've loved in the past, slightly revamped and ALIVE again.

For many, it's kinda chic to complain about Tsubasa and/or CLAMP works, basicaly because when something has become too much mainstream, it's not so cool to like anymore (I'm not pointing any fingers, this is a "if the shoe fits" argument), also many people complain that CLAMP have became sellouts, which they might, but they still do make gorgeous art (at least for me) and no matter how many clichés they insert here and there, they are great artists and have joined many other artists that at least we should acknowledge what they have achieved.

Also, I would like to thank L-E for their work in subbing Tsubasa, being late now or not it doesn't matter. People not always understand the fact that fansubbers do this for free and also to share. If you're in that much of a hurry, watch the raws. I always watch the raws and patiently wait for the fansubbed version to arrive. Patient is a virtue, and you should be thankful that so many people take time out of their lives to share their work with you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not turning fansubbers into deities we should worship, but being one myself, at least some respect would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post.

Offline Trueth

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2006, 01:20:43 am »
  Oh definately, Azalie, Eolo.. I always hop onto the forums to see what everyone is saying about the anime, but.. Arhg! Anyhow, that post just made we want to sign up myself and throw out a shout. Hey, angry guyzes.. And hey throng of overdemanding rude people, too.

You know, I think Tsubasa Chronicle is a really amazing anime. Now come on, don't shoot me for saying that, a lot of people seem to really hate it? But I don't understand why people can say that it isn't anything great, that it's just recycled and regurgitated anime, etc.... It is pretty original, I think. It compares very well to the Kingdom Hearts series Disney and Squaresoft are making, which are rather popular and use the very same principles of Tsubasa Chronicle.
  Characters used throughout the company's history, thrown together and given an original plotline that can thrill and bring nostalgia back to fans that may have watched all the different titles shown. I haven't watched a lot of the CLAMP anime titles, but I rejoiced when I saw the huge Rayearth references in the early episodes of the series, and Yuuko, and just all these neat characters that I haven't seen in ages. Come on, guys, anyone feel this way?

Anyway I'll be quiet now, but I just thought I'd throw myself out for once.. When I found Tsubasa Chronicle, I thought it was amazing and still do. Fye and Kurogane as original characters are very neat and I just love how it all ties together, albeit some cheesiness here and there.

(I hope you're having fun, Tofu-sensei! I finally get a chance to say Thank you for what you're doing. And everyone else in support.)

- Trueth

Offline Eolo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2006, 01:27:56 am »
Don't get me wrong, I love Tsubasa Chronicles, and I agree that CLAMP got inspired in that whole Kingdom Hearts concept, at least in the begining they used to obsess a lot about video games (Sonic per example), so it's natural that they probably wanted to make something similar with Tsubasa and they do have a huuuuge array of characters.

One of the other good/bad parts about Tsubasa is the constant world shifting, Piffle world gave us a taste of the Sakura/Tomoyo relationship from Card Captor Sakura, Tomoyo's enthusiasm for Sakura was always hilarious in CCS and was revisited in Piffle world. However, I hated Piffle World both manga and anime, it was too Star Wars Pod Race for me.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2006, 01:57:44 am »
Such anger in these forums.. I just signed up to ask: is there any actual Tsubasa FANS here? This post seems to have turned into a war between people who hate Tsubasa and people who are asking when it's going to be released. Where have all the fans who want to talk about the show gone..?
I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to the release of episode 29 whenever it happens to come out, because I'm sure it'll be worth it  :) As for the Tsubasa haters.. why are you in these forums if you hate it so much? >.> No offense, but there are far better things you could be doing with your life than coming on here and saying theres tons of shows better than Tsubasa and that fans are stupid for liking it, etc. etc. We all have our own opinions, so can you PLEASE keep the flames to yourself so people like me can actually ENJOY reading these forums? Thanks.

Yes I might troll this thread but I'm an L-E staff member so  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Masakari's also L-E staff too.

But on a point of principle, I do have an opinion about Tsubasa. Yes it's watchable and is "reasnoable" for an anime of 2005/2006. Compare it to some of the other stuff that we sub it's quite mediocre and nothing special. Like I said before I challenge anyone here to present a well justified argument as to how Tsubasa is better in terms of character development / story than shows like Yawara and Galaxy Express 999. But then again I bet only 2% of the people who watch Tsubasa could actually genuinely attempt that (eg they've actually watched them)

My main gripe with Tsubasa (and Nana) is because of how Tofu will quite happily churn out these eps on a weekly basis and yet we have a lot of other stuff which is left rotting.

I know that most of you couldn't care jack shit about that as long as you get your weekly fix but I care for those poor fans who have been waiting patiently for well over a year now to see the final episodes of Creamy Mami or the 3000 Leagues fans who've waited a year since they last got to watch an episode. I know for a fact that if you only got a Tsubasa ep once a year most of you would curl up in to a ball and cry because life can't go on or something like that or at least thats how some of you act.

It's quite conceivable that some of you will turn round and say "but OMG Tsubasa is better than those shows it RULEZ" so it DESERVES to be speed subbed on a regular basis. To those people I say. Don't be so judgemental, actually try watching them first and THEN arguing your case as to why Tsubasa is better.

So basically what I say is consider yourself DAMN LUCKY that Tofu thinks this show deserves the speed subbing treatment and just be thankful that you're not a fan of some of our other shows where our release rate averages less than 3 episodes per year.

For want of a better word consider me Tofu's conscience. Let's say that my hostility to Tsubasa is indirectly proportional to the amount of work / release rate of other projects which are non Tsubasa / NANA. So if I see dim witdness I will respond to it ;D

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w