Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 241426 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« on: April 30, 2006, 06:53:58 am »
Tsubasa Second Season Master Thread

Tsubasa Second Season Master Thread Rules

1. DO NOT DISCUSS WHERE OR HOW TO GET ILLEGAL COPIES OF TSUBASA CHRONCILE SEASON 1

2. DO NOT DISUCSS WHERE OR HOW TO GET ILLEGAL COPIES OF TSUBASA / XXXHOLIC MOVIES

3. If a license is announced for Tsubasa 2nd Season over the next few months the same will apply to Tsubasa 2nd Season and we ask that you respect the rights of Funimation by ceasing distribution of our fansubs.

Tsubasa Second Season Frequently Asked Questions

1. Are we subbing Tsubasa Chronicles 2nd Season ?

The answer for all you lucky Tsubasa fans is yes ?

2. Where can I get Eps 1 - 26 ???

Tsubasa Chronicle Episodes 1 - 26 have a confirmed license by Funimation Entertainment. Live-eviL does not sub or distribute license anime and so you can't get that from us. Please buy the DVD's from Funimation when they are released later this year.

Also please note that Enterthegame has a strict no licensed anime policy and so if anyone comes to the IRC channel asking for Season 1 you will be dealt with severely. Also please do not server any eps.

We ask that you do not distribute our fansubs of Season 1 as they are licensed anime.

3. What is the licensing status of Season 2

The licensing status of Season 2 is at this present time unconfirmed. Funimation has neither confirmed or denied that they are the license holders for Season 2.

4. What happens if Tsubasa Second Season becomes a confirmed license ?

Because we are on a network that prohibitis licensed anime fansubbing and distribution the project will be dropped without question?

5. Will you move to rizon so you can continue to fansub it ?

The answer to that is NO. We always respect the rights of American Licensors.

6. What about the XXXHolic and Tsubasa Movies ???

The movies are both licensed by Funimation and as such we have no intention of fansubbing them. Please await Funimations official DVD's.

7. What about XXXHolic TV Series ???

We have no plans to sub XXXHolic TV at this time.
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline meiii

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:19:35 pm »
Thank you SOOOOOO much for subbing TRC... love it :P

keep up the great work :P

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 01:34:23 pm »
*loves you so frickin' much!* You guys are teh bestest!
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 12:41:36 am »
How did you guys get this done so fast?

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 12:53:26 am »
Direct your questions to Tofusensei, interactii and the rest of DB. Nobody else from Live-eviL is involved in Tsubasa bar Tofu.

The simple answer to your question is tofu gets up at some ungodly hour to translate it then lets DB's speed subbing methodologies get it ready to be encoded.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 05:09:47 am »
I wouldn't say no one... interactii is a pretty veteran member of L-E too :D He suits up for both teams.

Basically, to answer your question, we have a system in place that works, that's all :)

To say anything else would be giving away trade secrets that I had to sign a NDA for...

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 07:13:51 am »
Dont split hairs Tofu :P

-gumbaloom

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 07:36:08 pm »
maybe we can create a Forum for Tsubasa :o
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Eikonoklastes

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 02:43:40 am »
Great job and keep up the good work.
For wits are treated just like common whores;/ First they're enjoyed and then kicked out of doors./  The pleasure past, a threatening doubt remains/ That frights th'enjoyer with succeeding pains./  Women and men of wit are dangerous tools/ And ever fatal to admiring fools.

Offline Purple_Skies

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 06:28:49 am »
I just want to say thank you & I love you guys! You did such an outstanding job last year with the first season & I was blown away by your wonderful work. I'm sure this season will be just as well put-together as last.

Thanks again

-Elaine-

Offline uplink2010

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 09:06:09 am »
Here's some news for you. I ran a background check on Tsubasa Chronicle and Funimations Licence only applies to the UNITED STATES. NHK Licences the anime in Japan. I checked both the BBFC & the VSC in the UK. I found out it's currently Unlicensed there. I even checked in other countries as well. Only the US & Japan are where it's currently Licensed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:08:15 am by uplink2010 »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 09:32:24 am »
Let's NOT get in to discussions like that. Once it's licensed ONCE somewhere within the western world be it the UK OR the USA it's considered licensed full stop. That's a lame excuse to give to fansubbers to continue fansubbing stuff.

THE FACT THAT A UK LICENSOR HAS NOT YET SUBLICENSED TSUBASA CHRONICLE FROM FUNIMATION WILL NOT BE USED AS AN EXCUSE TO CONTINUE SUBBING TSUBASA CHRONICLE SEASON 2 ONCE A US LICENSE IS CONFIRMED NOR WILL IT BE USED AS AN EXCUSE TO CONDONE DISTRIBUTION OF SEASON 1.

The Internet is a borderless society so even if a fansub group continued to fansub an anime giving the excuse that "it's not licensed in X" there is no physical way of preventing downloaders in the country where it IS licensed from downloading it.

Also I hate to point out but Funimation licensed material doesnt take THAT long to reach the UK if it's popular. A perfect example is Fullmetal Alchemist which if i'm not mistaken is only a volume or two behind the US releases so i'm quite sure that you can hold out just a little while longer to pop down to your local HMV to pick up the DVD's once the license has been announced :P

Live-eviL has been forced to drop a lot of projects because of strict non licensed policy -

One series was dropped because a US licensor released it with english sub and chinese audio but not Japanese audio

One movie was dropped from release plans because a DVD in France had an unpublished English subtitle track

One movie was dropped because a license was announced in the UK before we could finish it.

Just because Tsubasa is popular and gets 50,000 downloads doesnt mean that it will get treated any differently from these series :X

-gumbaloom
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:34:50 am by gumbaloom »

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 09:52:52 am »
also gumba you need to edit your own posts they arent l33t enough for these people to understand THAT THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHAT THEY CAN GET BECAUSE MOST OF THE L-E STAFF CAN GIVE A SHIT IF WE DO IT OR NOT
The resident bastard.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 01:31:36 pm »
Let us not worry about the licensing status and just enjoy it for the time being :D

I want to see some people discussing the actual show! Not the license ><

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

alkora

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 03:13:02 pm »
Yeah guys, the people at funimation need to eat too.   So please just buy it.

If you live in a different country then JP or US, please make sure you abide by thier laws as well.  In extreme cases, if one seeks one finds.