Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 244975 times)

Offline Azalie

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2006, 05:07:16 am »
Amen cnet, I completely agree with everything you said :D There ARE Tsubasa fans here after all!

Offline itatton

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2006, 06:34:25 am »
If for some reason Season 2 gets licensed, will the Live Evil team consider releasing the reference lists for the Clamp series cameos?  You guys did an incredible job picking out everything that was incorporated in the first season and god knows Funimation will have a hard enough job trying to translate/localize the series let alone even consider pointing out the intricate details Clamp intertwined throughout the series.

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2006, 08:17:42 am »
I'm a fan of Tsubasa, I like it very much. But I don't bother arguing much if at all with people who are closed-minded. Because that's just it they won't listen to reason. At first I was really happy that LE decided to pick up season 2 cause then I can use that to help me learn Japanese but as seeing how it causes such trouble here. I don't care anymore what LE decides to do it with it, people just ruin it. How good a show is depends on preference everyone likes something more than others but no one seems to respect anyone's option anymore. "Tsubasa is Ass-shit" ok fine you don't like it I respect that but don't go bashing other people because their options are different than yours. "Tsubasa is the ultimate anime ever" ok that's cool too you like it that much fine but I'm sure there are other anime out there just as good. But if people won't acknowledge this there's no point in arguing with them.

Offline TwilightDreamer06

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2006, 11:33:56 am »
Hi~ I came to this site cause I was checking if the Tsubasa epie 29 sub was out yet. And although its not, I'm perfectly happy to just wait. ^-^ Thank you for subbing it. Otherwise I would have no idea what they were saying. @_@

I've just registered for the sake of giving my input on this apparently somewhat controversial issue.

Same here. I'm a Tsubasa fan and I watch other anime =/. I got into Tsubasa when I was finished rewatching CCS. I really like it a lot.  I didn't finish reading the other posts on this forum mainly because they were long. >.> But I just wanted to say that Tsubasa fans arn't all one-tracked minded impatient ppl and that we are all thankful to the subbers. ^-^

Also eeeer  why is  "  "-sama so cranky..... ^^;;;

Offline SailorYue

• n00b Hero
  • KuroFai IS CANON!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2006, 11:37:04 am »
If for some reason Season 2 gets licensed, will the Live Evil team consider releasing the reference lists for the Clamp series cameos?  You guys did an incredible job picking out everything that was incorporated in the first season and god knows Funimation will have a hard enough job trying to translate/localize the series let alone even consider pointing out the intricate details Clamp intertwined throughout the series.
hey, where can i find such a list? (for season 1) ive always wanted to know, all i got was a small bit of info from I-Hyu's translations, and that was for the manga.

Offline TwilightDreamer06

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2006, 11:48:00 am »
Oh and also in the begining of the forum some1 said that because Tsubasa is dl 25x more often that it means Tsubasa fans only like Tsubasa. I have to agrue that maybe we just watch other anime from other sources. ^^ I watched my Tsubasa from youtube.com upto now so the dl statisics don't nessasarly show who is actually watching what. ^^ Oh and if I got my facts wrong ( did you say 5x or 2x or 25x? @_@) please pardon me. Its 5am and I'm pretty tired. ^^ Night ppl~

Offline flawney

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2006, 06:28:29 pm »
Usually, I don't post on these kinds of forums, but having kept track of this thread for the better part of a week, I feel that "my two cents" on this heated debate is worth posting.

On the subject of "late" releases: Japanese is a difficult language. I've taken 3 semesters of it and I still can only pick up a little of what is said without subtitles. To be able to subtitle an entire episode/movie of anime, I have no doubt requires, an insane amount of work, not just in the translating, but also in the editing. What you fansubbers do is a job. And you do it for free. To be constantly barraged with less than tactful exclamations of impatience from people who watch the shows you sub is frustrating, and understandably so. What you deserve are "thank you"s and not "you're late"s.

On the subject of liking "sellout" anime: As someone who watches Tsubasa, I find offense to the notion that I am grouped with people who need a "weekly fix" of the one anime that they only watch because its popular. I had no idea it was as popular as it was until I wandered into this forum. I started watching it as soon as it began being subbed, since I had been purchasing the US Del Rey releases of the manga, and still am. Anime that I like that I can afford to purchase, namely shorter series, I purchse on DVD when it is released in the US. I own Haunted Junction, Sorcerer Hunters TV, Magic Users Club, a bit of Excel Saga, and some fragments of Sailormoon and Dragonball here and there, to name a few. Being in college, I can't afford to purchase much of anything that I would consider leisurely, but I have every intention of expanding my legal, liscened anime collection. On the internet, I watch as much anime as I can from various different sub groups, to expose myself to everything that my schedule will allow me to. Eyeshield 21 and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are both amusing newer series that I enjoy, but at the same time, I also enjoy watching Tsubasa. While it's frustrating to see something you've been into for a long time (namely anime) become a fad for the masses, it's also frustrating to be among those masses, and to be categorized with them simply for sharing their tastes.  At the same time, everyone has to start somewhere, and you can't really blame someone for realizing something is cool years after you have.

Can we all stop fighting now?

Offline cnet128

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2006, 06:47:06 pm »
I endorse the above post. (EDIT: at the bottom of the previous page ¬_¬)

And Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu is brilliance :D Though I've only so far found time to watch the first two episodes >.< Must...watch...more...

Offline Murphy

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2006, 08:47:06 pm »
I found myself registering just to reply that I agree with both cnet and flawney's posts.

The idea that people seem to have that if you happen to like a "popular" anime, you're a sell-out is ludicrous.

I say that having been a fan of anime since I was a small child watching shows like Voltron on TV and travelling to Boston to see Akira in a theatre. For people to e-thug others over something as simplistic is, in most cases, hypocritical and childish. We ALL like something that's "popular", so don't think that you're above everyone else simply because you happen to like something a minute before other people do.

Besides, everyone started SOMEWHERE with anime. If, for some people, it's Tsubasa, who CARES? A good lot of you probably started out watching stuff like DB/DBZ or CCS or Sailor Moon (still a fan of CCS and SM, thanks) so what's the problem? Sorry, but you can't be 1337 about anime and still wear t-shirts bought at Hot Topic, that place hasn't been cool in over 10 years. Neither can most people claim that their intro to anime/manga wasn't something imported into the US--which means it was ALREADY popular before you discovered it. *"you" being a general term*

Because, if that's the way it's going to go down, I probably would kick 95-99% of yer butts since I've been into anime for 20+ years.

[sarcasm]n00bs....[/sarcasm]

//EDIT// Pardon any grammatical errors, I'm about 3 hours past my bedtime... XD
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 08:51:09 pm by Murphy »

Offline pyn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2006, 10:15:41 pm »
japanese isnt a very hard foreign language to learn... once you take Japanese I you can basically GUESS the whole episode from the pictures & words you pick out... there are just too many verb forms blecah

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2006, 11:12:34 pm »
you should all realize that arguing over this will not get you anywhere (like getting tsubasa etc faster) but annoy me and most of the staff from having to read long things on the forum... also people will flame other people whether you like it or not its human nature so everyone just drop this and leave this thread alone
The resident bastard.

Offline cnet128

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2006, 12:52:00 am »
We're not arguing to 'get anywhere' with the subs, bastard-sama, at the very least I'm not. In fact, I wouldn't even call what I'm doing arguing (well, I guess this post could be called arguing...but I would prefer not to think of it that way, it sounds so uncivilised). It's more I'm just trying to get my honest opinions across on a seemingly controversial issue.

If we annoyed you by making long posts, then I apologise, I guess :-\ Although, isn't that really what forums are for? The entire purpose of forums, as far as I'm aware, is to provide discussion, which people can enjoy. I'd like to think long posts are a healthy and integral part of that.

Even if people 'will flame other people whether you like it or not', it still makes for stimulating discussion and does make a small difference in the community to discuss these issues and try to resolve them.

Then again, if you live up to your name as much as people say, maybe issues appeal to you more than resolution...in which case I apologise for ruining a perfectly bad discussion with positive input ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 12:54:16 am by cnet128 »

Offline Eolo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2006, 02:17:01 am »
Honestly, if you don't want to read long posts... skip them.

However, if in the process the team has been annoyed, my sincere apologies.

Offline PikeGod

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2006, 03:51:59 am »
I just registered to praise those that are subbing this anime, and to tell people that I have never seen so much whining about anime ever. Ever.

Taste is in the mouth of the taster... Or something like that. If you're going to insult people for their bad taste in anime, I would insult you for such a bad taste in a media form. Some anime is good, most of it is trash. The good ones are for entertainment which is what people who watch it get out of it.  If you want something enlightening read a book. They're those things they keep in crypts known as libraries.

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2006, 04:26:44 am »
Yeah I'm not arguing to get anything done faster. I just don't want to be grouped with the people who are impatient and closed minded and only care about themselves. Just because I happen to like the same anime they do.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 04:28:24 am by Shadic »