Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 244690 times)

Offline archangel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2006, 06:48:35 am »
I just thought I would log in and express admiration and awe at the speed and quality of these releases.

Thank you Live Evil and DB.
Ciao :)

Offline SailorYue

• n00b Hero
  • KuroFai IS CANON!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2006, 01:08:34 pm »
do you guys relize that fay's name keeps getting misspeled?

the officla spelling is:
"FAY" not "Faye" just passing info... :P(especialy with a fai-centric episode comming up ;) )

othersie, keep up the good work  ;D

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2006, 02:47:46 pm »
do you guys relize that fay's name keeps getting misspeled?

the officla spelling is:
"FAY" not "Faye" just passing info... :P(especialy with a fai-centric episode comming up ;) )

othersie, keep up the good work  ;D

Oh god here we go again '_'

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2006, 06:19:35 pm »
wait a few more episodes and I'm sure they'll pop up eventually! remember, they're basing this off the manga, and Tsubasa is waaay ahead of XxXholic on the timeline kinda thing. Her appearance in one of the lastest episodes won't show up until a long time into XxXholic.

I love how everyone made a huge fuss about the two epsidoes, yet no one has really made and comments about them as of yet. We go from what? Page 3/4 and get a booooom of comments about the new epsiodes and continuous arguments about everything, and get all the way to page 13....no more comments once the episode comes out.

If that's true they should have appeared in the very first episode of XxxHolic.
They appeared at the end of the first chapter in the manga there.

Offline SailorYue

• n00b Hero
  • KuroFai IS CANON!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2006, 12:35:04 am »
Oh god here we go again '_'

-gumbaloom
im just saying, im a big fai fan yknow. im just letting you guys know :S

Offline DIABLO_CHRoNO

• n00b Hero
  • SALUDOS FROM MEXICO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2006, 04:41:44 am »
hi sailoryue,
well, for a Fye fan you certainly cant make your mind and write it "FAI" and "FAY"

i know that the official spelling is FAY, but among the fansubbers, back when tsubasa chronicles manga started, it was decided to change it into FYE...

some reasons I remember (not all reasons)
***it looks fancier that way, and more exotic, more suitable for FYE personality
***Fye, sounds exactly the way japanese would pronounce FAI,
***some people may pronounce "FAY" and "FAI" the wrong way, so they use FYE assuring this way that everybody will pronounce it correctly,  the way CLAMP intended...

and my personal opinion, i like FYE better, as FAY just look too ordinary.
El poder nace cuando tus deseos son escuchados, ahi radica el poder

Offline SailorYue

• n00b Hero
  • KuroFai IS CANON!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2006, 05:26:57 am »
fai is the way i use it. im just pointing out that the subs, its misspllee as Faye, making it look like itsounds like "Day" besides "Faye" also looks feminine.

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2006, 02:55:35 pm »
Sigh Tsubasa Chronicle crosses over with XxxHolic but they don't ever appear on XxxHolic ><

Episode 8 has Maro and Moro beating on a rug and one of them is using Fai's staff to smack the dust off the rug.

What a shame, I would have loved to see the TRC crew appear in the Holic anime ;_;

-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline The Amazing Aliano

• n00b Hero
  • Wanted: Life, quickly as possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2006, 03:52:50 pm »
Ah, I'm so glad this is back!  I've been stuck at uni where I can't download anything, and now I'm home for the summer and I get to enjoy Tsubasa again!  What more could a girl want?

I really liked the last episode, I think it's my favourite to date.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.  Was it just me or did the shape of ghost island remind anyone of the Clow ruins?

I could have sworn I saw Syaoran and co in XXXholic, but then I'm reading the manga at the same time, so I'm more than likely confused...  Ah well. ^^
You can't make someone love you, you can only stalk them and hope for the best.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2006, 04:19:19 pm »
I don't think Tsubasa characters will EVER appear on xxxHolic...both the manga and the anime.  Remember, Tsubasa is supposed to be having crossovers, while xxxHolic is just like CLAMP's other anime, no crossover nothing like that.  So I suppose xxxHolic will be strictly based on it's original characters to the end.  I am not expecting xxxHolic to show Tsubasa crossovers....but if they did, I know it'd be kinda cool.   8);D
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline SailorYue

• n00b Hero
  • KuroFai IS CANON!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2006, 11:23:04 pm »
I don't think Tsubasa characters will EVER appear on xxxHolic...both the manga and the anime.  Remember, Tsubasa is supposed to be having crossovers, while xxxHolic is just like CLAMP's other anime, no crossover nothing like that.  So I suppose xxxHolic will be strictly based on it's original characters to the end.  I am not expecting xxxHolic to show Tsubasa crossovers....but if they did, I know it'd be kinda cool.   8);D
holic USED to have tsubsa cameos in it, but stopped a bit before vol 6(the last mention of tsubasa was when yuuko cried that they forgot white day)...
 BUT in a recent chapter (107) a certain tsubasa character cam to see yuuko for a wish.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2006, 11:50:49 pm »
True...but I doubt about the anime.  I know about the manga though.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2006, 04:23:05 am »
Well Considering how long Funimation is taking to announced the English cast I'm HOPING they're doing their best to get the most appropriate Voice Actor (not that it matters since I'm gonna switch it to Japanese anyways) cause the Germans have already announced their cast. I'll only watch the English version to see what they did, I still get the chills whenever I hear the english version of CCS. Gonna be interesting when the first DVD is released.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2006, 12:51:39 pm »
Hi Users and future users,
This has something do with all our current projects. Please follow the link below to visit my poll and place your votes.  ;D
http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php?topic=973.0

-Reasons for clarifying your votes would be truly appreciated. :D

-Tsubasa

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2006, 12:03:57 am »
The Tsubasa characters came into XxXHolic the manga in the 2nd volume.

As that's the only one I have, can't say much about anything else, really. but I had hoped they'd keep the crossovers in part of the plot. but perhaps as the main focus of XxXHolic is Watanuki, I suppose he doesn't need to have much interaction with Syaoran and co.

I prefer it Fai. looks sweeter, for some odd reason. Plus, with the break insert things, where the character is featured, with the name in the background, shouldn't that count as the sorta official version?

And god, Cardcaptors. I actually loved Cardcaptors so much...until I discovered just how awful it was compared to the original japanese version. Urgh. Calling Yukito Julian? *shudder* I can still recall Sakura whining about "Julian!" in that stupid high-pitched, raspy voice she had.
I never know what to put for these things....