Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 256823 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2006, 12:51:51 am »
The Tsubasa characters came into XxXHolic the manga in the 2nd volume.

As that's the only one I have, can't say much about anything else, really. but I had hoped they'd keep the crossovers in part of the plot. but perhaps as the main focus of XxXHolic is Watanuki, I suppose he doesn't need to have much interaction with Syaoran and co.

I prefer it Fai. looks sweeter, for some odd reason. Plus, with the break insert things, where the character is featured, with the name in the background, shouldn't that count as the sorta official version?

And god, Cardcaptors. I actually loved Cardcaptors so much...until I discovered just how awful it was compared to the original japanese version. Urgh. Calling Yukito Julian? *shudder* I can still recall Sakura whining about "Julian!" in that stupid high-pitched, raspy voice she had.
The voice is what got Sakura to look like the spolied brat she really wasn't.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2006, 05:13:22 am »
Well hopefully that taught Clamp a lesson and they'll be more cautious when selling licenses. While Tsubasa Chronicles is still one of my favorite show I'm in the mood for some scifi for some reason. Right now I'm watching "The Guyver" can anyone else point out another good one? Since scifi aren't very common.

On a side note: how weird would it be if someone decides to make TC into a live-action. Be freaky I mean they're starting to lean that way. Neon-Genesis Evangelion Live. Transformers Live-Action produced by Dreamworks and Steven Spielburg. Gonna be interesting if they start doing this to many more popular anime. Interesting and yet very disturbing lol.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2006, 11:59:49 am »
I challenge ANYONE to present a well justified argument as to why Tsubasa is better than say...Galaxy Express 999 (an epic space opera spread over 110 eps)
-gumbaloom
Well, I think Galaxy Express 999 is a great anime in terms of plot and character development, since si-fi is really not my thing.   But I just can't agree with some of the things they show there....I mean this whole thing of trains in space is kinda silly and and campy and basically Galaxy Express defies all laws of Physics...although Gum doesn't care about Physics I know.
Well, another thing...the character designs for Leiji Matsumoto suck in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 12:59:37 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2006, 12:03:43 pm »
Tsubasa when it's done from start to finish will be a 72 ep series.

Well, I won't also download something which is above 100 episodes.  And gumba you've got your statistics wrong...it's 78 episodes, not 72. ::)

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2006, 02:44:21 pm »
Well hopefully that taught Clamp a lesson and they'll be more cautious when selling licenses. While Tsubasa Chronicles is still one of my favorite show I'm in the mood for some scifi for some reason. Right now I'm watching "The Guyver" can anyone else point out another good one? Since scifi aren't very common.

On a side note: how weird would it be if someone decides to make TC into a live-action. Be freaky I mean they're starting to lean that way. Neon-Genesis Evangelion Live. Transformers Live-Action produced by Dreamworks and Steven Spielburg. Gonna be interesting if they start doing this to many more popular anime. Interesting and yet very disturbing lol.

Yes i can see the cast now...

Jackie Chan as Syaoran
Nicole Richie as Sakura
Jet Li as Evil Syaoran
Chuck Norris as Fai * Hyuuh *
Mel Gibson as Kurogane
Tom Cruise as Makona

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2006, 09:12:10 am »
Jackie Chan as Syaoran???  :o I don't even think Jackie is hot enough to be Syaoran.  >:( And Nicole Richie as Sakura..I'd kill the casting director! >:( Last part was funny ;D .... Tomo Cruise as Mokona.  Now that shall be interesting  ;) ...he he he.

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2006, 03:27:24 pm »
Know anyone else flat chested enough to play Sakura?

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2006, 03:58:07 pm »
Know anyone else flat chested enough to play Sakura?

Hmmm, get a Japanese actress, they have small breasts.  ;D

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2006, 02:03:49 pm »
Wouldn't they have all japanese actors for a live-action thing?

Dunno if it's the same in america, but I'd never even heard of a live-action anime until about half a year ago. Mokona would be near impossible to do! They'd have to have like a stuffed doll, right?
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2006, 02:21:52 pm »
Wouldn't they have all japanese actors for a live-action thing?

Dunno if it's the same in america, but I'd never even heard of a live-action anime until about half a year ago. Mokona would be near impossible to do! They'd have to have like a stuffed doll, right?

Uhh, what SailorDh meant was a live-action in America...which do suck.  And yeah if they did one in Japan, which would be long long after the series is done, they will get someone perfect to play Sakura.  And yeah-Mokona, it will have to be all computer graphics I guess.

Offline The Amazing Aliano

• n00b Hero
  • Wanted: Life, quickly as possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2006, 09:07:36 pm »
Tom Cruise as Mokona... All I have to say on that is; poor Mokona.  ;)

I've never particularly noticed that Sakura was flat chested, but I imagine when I watch it again I will thanks to you.  Heh, to be fair she is quite young still.  How old are they supposed to be anyway?  I'm sure it probably says somewhere....
You can't make someone love you, you can only stalk them and hope for the best.

Offline blueknight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2006, 09:59:41 pm »
Yes i can see the cast now...

Jackie Chan as Syaoran
Nicole Richie as Sakura
Jet Li as Evil Syaoran
Chuck Norris as Fai * Hyuuh *
Mel Gibson as Kurogane
Tom Cruise as Makona
are you trying to give someone a heart attack?! i nearly fell out of my chair!
sigh...
as for their ages i am pretty sure its early to mid teens (13-15) since clamp seems to draw some things more restricted with certian characters. which can sometimes make their age a bit more difficult to determine in this series.

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2006, 11:47:45 pm »
Just saw the new episode raw and the soundtrack for season 2 is just as awesome as season 1 so far.

They finally land in Ashura next episode so the manga and anime are in the same place kinda.

Kaishi Zero

« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2006, 06:23:59 am »
Jackie Chan as Syaoran
Jet Li as Evil Syaoran

Negative

Just saw the new episode raw and the soundtrack for season 2 is just as awesome as season 1 so far.

They finally land in Ashura next episode so the manga and anime are in the same place kinda.

They skip around.

Tom Cruise as Mokona... All I have to say on that is; poor Mokona.  ;)

I've never particularly noticed that Sakura was flat chested, but I imagine when I watch it again I will thanks to you.  Heh, to be fair she is quite young still.  How old are they supposed to be anyway?  I'm sure it probably says somewhere....

I'd say she is around 14-16. Maybe her puberty is slow.  ::)

Look at Yuna from FFX, she is 17 and hers aren't that big.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:52:54 am by Kaishi Zero »

Offline SailorYue

• n00b Hero
  • KuroFai IS CANON!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2006, 01:08:38 am »
ages:
sakura ans syaoran are confirmed to be 15.
fai and kuro havent been given difinitive ages by CLAMP, but their both in their 20s. some people say that since kuro is closer to tomoyo's age (see lecort arc, what ever vol syao goes into that book) fai is older than kuro.

their skipping around a bit for a few possible reasons:
1 shura arc is darker, and bloody and violent...not something really nice to start the seaon off with
2 start with piffle world so that the CCS fans get drawn in just to see Tomoyo act like tomoyochan from CCS.
3 the fai-centric episode, just aired, would reel in alot of chobits fans just to see Chii, sumomo and Kotoki, (as well since sumomo and kotoki were back in chibi form rather then the oposite like in outo)

at least theyre running the shura arc next. its going to be 4 episdes, which is cool. i hope they do the Country of idols afterwards, before heading off into Lecourt country.