Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage - 2nd Discussion Thread  (Read 163622 times)

Offline azndvl

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage - 2nd Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2006, 04:30:20 am »
i agree with Elchfaenger, seems like something else might happen:( hope takumi dont lose...... hehehe.

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2006, 11:14:07 am »
naa, I can't imagine Takumi losing now. One Ep is too little time for that  ;) And there is still the battle with his father waiting. I don't think he will lose till then.
But he might be pressured to develope a new trick since he already used his whole repertoire and his opponent wasn't too impressed. Or maybe it'll end in a draw? That would be a good way to keep the fans excited
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2006, 02:07:34 am »
Arg - just read - Viz and Tokyo Pop have got together to do a joint release of Stage 4 :( - first episodes should be released within a month http://tinyurl.com/8lqm

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2006, 05:41:05 am »
That is sooo evil... how could they do this just one episode away  :'(    I didn't believe it either until I saw the report...
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2006, 06:10:47 am »
Nice one Dapprman :p

Sorry, but I'm cluey on these already, had a heap of attempts at this so far, and havn't yet fallen for one ;)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2006, 11:55:31 am »
Meee, don't play with people!! thats evil! ;D
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2006, 05:09:18 pm »
lol sorry, couldnt help, helping him out lol
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline ]2andom

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Last EP's of ID4
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2006, 07:11:47 pm »
Just to make sure, Episode 24 isn't out yet right?

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
Re: Last EP's of ID4
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2006, 08:22:59 pm »
from L-E ? nop
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Renmazuo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2006, 02:43:08 pm »
Yo, I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but I saw the raws of eps 23-24. I'm not gonna give anything away, but I have to say, I think "Eldorado" by Dave Rodgers is definitely the best song on this next set of tracks. I kinda didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.

Just figured I'd throw that out there, anyone with a different opinion?

Offline azndvl

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2006, 01:16:43 am »
to this point i think the music for every scene and like important moment during the race and out of the race have been perfect, every song suits every moment i reckon. anyone else agree? it could be the fact that im just a Initial D addict:D

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2006, 06:40:17 am »
They choose their music well, just wish at times it was a little more rock orientated. If anyone here's seen Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children... The highway chase scene, that sort of style

Then again, I listen to just about anything, but their second CD they released is the better of the two for 4th stage
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2006, 07:53:09 pm »
Are we all waiting for Initial D to be licensed now? Episode 24 came out on March 18th? 23 days ago today. (Is it a joke that you are going to make the 24th release on the 24th day? I wouldn't laugh)

It's all been good high quality work and, yeah, other groups subbed it WEEKS ago, but I thought the point of fansubs was to let us watch them while they are currently not planned to be released in the US. Then you supposively expect us all to actually buy the dvd's if it is (which this is a near guarentee for this anime) after it's licensed? So why then do we wait so long for a "high quality" release? Why would I want to buy the dvd if I already have a copy of your such high quality fansubs burned right here and now?

You have two new "high quality" releases a week from your group alone. You've admitted before that not many who work on these are big fans of Initial D, but at least show the pride for your group a little more by releasing within a decent time period. It's embarrassing that you've done 23 episodes, but still can't get your act together for the very last one. It's only become worse. You even threaten delays if we speak out about it. How can you negatively reinforce a punishment that you've pushed on us all along? You didn't have to even fansub them (especially since your not even real fans). Other people who were real fans were forced to fansub them after you knocked out competition for the project in the beginning. Back then, you got the subs out perfectly within a week. That was where your true support came from and why the forums for ID have died now. Just look at the new thread post number

-_-

No ID4 isn't dropped. Real life gets in the way you know etc etc. If you're DESPERATE to see it theres always raws and we arent the only group subbing ID4...

-gumbaloom

Your real life got in the way is understandable. I'm sure that the other projects suffered as well, ne? All I read into it is a lot of apathy.  I'll check back in June to see if you decided to start on the time by THEN. People have learned Japanese enough to get the gist of the episode in the time it takes you to get out an episode. At least your educating others right?

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2006, 08:01:31 pm »
but at least show the pride for your group a little more by releasing within a decent time period. It's embarrassing that you've done 23 episodes, but still can't get your act together for the very last one. It's only become worse. You even threaten delays if we speak out about it. How can you negatively reinforce a punishment that you've pushed on us all along?
You'll have to help me understand how you can piss and moan about something that is absolutely and totally FREE. These have no obligation to you or any of the people that DL their work and enjoy it. They could walk away from ID and not suffer consequence one.. in fact it would free up more resources for their much neglected personal lifes. Especially considering (as you said) they aren't all that big of fans of the series.. so why do they do it... for US people who ARE fans and appreciate their work. Seems like its out of the kindness of their hearts to me. So why don't you learn some patience and show some gratitude instead of getting all whiney fanboy and making the rest of us look bad. I for one appreciate the ever loving crap out of L-E and Thank them for their underappreicated labors.
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2006, 08:21:10 pm »
Other major fansubbing groups were looking to pick this up and do a better job with it that L-E ousted in the beginning. Now we have these one or two other fansub groups trying to pick up slack that are comprised of one or two people at the most who do it within two weeks themselves without even having to worry if L-E is going to release their own first. Thats embarrassing.

L-E wasn't just sitting there, oh look, here is this anime (not unpopular in Japan or the US, I mean its pay per view there) that no one seems to want to fansub. Guess I'd better bite the bullet on this one. I would be one to bet they wanted the recognition and thats why they made the series so high quality and quickly in the beginning. Not because they liked it, but mostly to show off. Feel free to show off again guys and finish what you started.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:30:00 pm by cypherpunk »