Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage - 2nd Discussion Thread  (Read 152356 times)

Offline Mandaygo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage - 2nd Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2006, 03:33:54 pm »
I have watched these forums for quite a few months now, if not a year.  I have never felt the need to post.  Hell, I only just registered for this one comment. 

To cypherpunk:

If you have a problem with the subs that LE is doing, there are several positive things you can do.  Complaining like you have been is not one of them.  You make yourself look like an idiot and annoy all the rest of us that read your filth.  I suggest that you either A) Find another sub group and leave LE alone.  Or B) Do something to help.  Learn Japanese and how subbing is done and join the group or make your own or whatever.  If you say you don't have the time, then you should make it a priority.  Don't be the neighbor that complains about his neighbor because he didn't use his snowblower to clean up your driveway.  LE are our neighbors znd our friends.  Remember that.  If you don't want to be a good neighbor find a new block.

To LE:

I, like the rest of the silent majority, truely appreciate what you do.  I have been a fan of Initial D since before 2nd stage came out.  If not for subbers like yourselves, I may never have known how good of a show ID was and, more importantly, how good it still is.  As I type this I am waiting for my box set of all 24 eps from Stage 4.  I own all the other stages on DVD.  Even though I have watched them subtitled before the DVD's were available.  Because of amazing people like yourselves, anime has become a mainstream thing halfway around the world from where it comes.  I live in Pennsylvania and am literally on the other side of the world from Japan.  From the hard work of yourselves and others anime has prospered.  Because of people like you, Japan can continue making their huge variety of shows.  So thank you LE for keeping anime a prospering business. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 03:37:21 pm by Mandaygo »

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2006, 10:32:02 pm »
Yeah, I realized today before I can back to the forums to read the replies that I had most definately pushed the topic much too far. I was overly upset from the expressed lack of attention Initial D was gettin especially since people in the forums didn't even seem to care any longer. I understand that you have troubles and me acting like a dirt bag was inappropriate. It's really aggravating watching people talk about something they say their going to do like they don't care about their work especially when they can admit so easily that they take such a long period to complete it. I realized that this definately isn't the case for all of your other releases and didn't have any good explanations for what was going wrong. No one can say that L-E does a half done job and I do appreciate what you do. Thank you for the explanation. I apologize for being so out of line, that was my pent up frustration being released since I could not explain it away. I've known you didn't owe me anything and I was frustrated that it seemed like people weren't feeling that they owe it to themselves who planned to work on this.

Thank you for subbing this for the rest of us. I'm ashamed that more fans don't have the ability or determination to help out. Gumbaloom does the best she can I believe and it shows. I wish the whole project hadn't come so ridiculously pulled apart during its operation. Maybe I'll create my own screenname here if you begin to sub a different anime I enjoy and thank you for the answers to my frustration.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2006, 11:04:20 pm »

Gumbaloom does the best she can I believe and it shows.

o.O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Dude I'm a bloke >_> (and I'm a stright bloke too)

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline manaox2

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2006, 12:20:28 am »
LOL  :) Anyone maybe wanna hook me up with the software links so that I can maybe compete to kara time Rage your Dreams? I'll at least give it a shot.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:23:44 am by manaox2 »

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2006, 12:31:37 am »
o.O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Dude I'm a bloke >_> (and I'm a stright bloke too)

-gumbaloom

Really sorry, I guess I saw the sailor moon stuff and things just didn't register. I have stereotypical classification problems

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2006, 01:32:02 am »
I think we should start a fund to raise enough money to buy Gumbaloom lots of b33r  ;D

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2006, 03:32:24 pm »
If he turns out like this... http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=651549622&n=2&Mytoken=15011BE1-1406-10AC-410AEC07DC425A236138467  then it would be funny to see what becomes of the final episode upon release lol....
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2006, 05:56:32 pm »
Has anybody seen the musicvideo from m.o.v.e - out of kontrol? Just discovered this, its freakin funny! The three bandmembers (don't know their names) watch a ID race, Takumi against a red RX-7 and get one by one sucked into the anime. The two males end up driving the RX-7 running in front of the hachiroku while the girl sits on the passenger seat next to Takumi - wearing only a bathrobe  ;)
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2006, 11:24:35 pm »
Has anybody seen the musicvideo from m.o.v.e - out of kontrol? Just discovered this, its freakin funny! The three bandmembers (don't know their names) watch a ID race, Takumi against a red RX-7 and get one by one sucked into the anime. The two males end up driving the RX-7 running in front of the hachiroku while the girl sits on the passenger seat next to Takumi - wearing only a bathrobe  ;)

You gotta link or anything I wanna see that

Actually I found it http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=v3GBJHJZlqA
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:43:39 pm by Usagi_Yojimbo »
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2006, 11:30:28 pm »
yeah link me that it has to be interesting...too bad it doesnt sound like it matches up with the cameo they had a few episodes back
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline tombe0

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:28 pm »

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2006, 12:02:18 am »
Yep, thats it. Had no opportunity to link it, sorry. But since this is the "third stage" and it says "to be continued" there has to be a first, second and fourth stage.
I believe "Disco time" is the first, but couldn't get a hold of it so far. Maybe somebody has a link for that too?
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline dr_ishmael

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2006, 06:50:57 am »
"Freaky Planet" is first, then "Disco Time", "Raimei -out of kontrol-", and finally "Angel Eyes".  They released the four singles over the last four months of 2005, then released the album "GRID" in January.  Each had a CD+DVD option that included the music video on the DVD; the album has all four put together as "Crossing Trail ~Road Movie Completed~".

You can buy them at either of these sites:
move @ YesAsia.com
move @ CDJapan.co.jp

As for the videos...
Freaky Planet
Disco Time
Raimei -out of kontrol-
Angel Eyes

There's multiple versions of Raimei and Angel Eyes on youtube, in case you don't like the one I randomly picked from the search results.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 06:53:16 am by dr_ishmael »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2006, 05:37:03 pm »

Yes,

You guessed it sports fans. The end has finally come. The APOCALYPSE HAS ARRIVED!!!!. Live-eviL and Ideology after 2 years finally releases episode 24 of Initial D 4th Stage. So well let’s get the juicy stuff out the way first.

It’s available on XDCC at #live-evil or #ideology on irc.enterthegame.com or available via bittorrent at http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/ .

File Info -

MD5 hash - 40b5461cfeaecaf07aa4c50303aa6db8

File size - 183754752

CRC - E738367C
Now for the customary end of project rant. Initial D 4th Stage has certainly not been an easy project to work on for a number of reasons. The two main ones being the high turn over of staff on the project. A number of different typesetters and encoders have worked on this show and generally life has just got in the way and this certainly hasn’t gone down too well with certain aspects of the ID4 fandom who so rabidly desire their fansubs. To past ID4 staff we thank you for your work but in particular I’d like to take this opportunity to hightlight the work of EclipseZeta and Yoten who’ve been with this project from the start as translator and editor. Those guys made ID4 what it was, the rest of us just made it look pretty. I hope all of you ID4 fans will express your grattitude to them for sticking through ID4 through thick and thin through all of the staff changes and sometimes fighting what seemed like an uphill struggle to get the eps released.
The other problem has been dealing with certain elements of the ID4 fandom whose conduct towards fansubbers in terms of how demanding they are to get their fansubs has been less than desireable and so at times this has created tension between us and the fanbase in general.

To our patient and loyal fans who’ve patiently waited for our subs, we thank you for your patience and consideration during the past 2 years. However whenever 5th Stage anime gets made we’d urge the Initial D fandom to be a lot more considerate to whichever fansubber takes up the gauntlett of subbing a fifth stage.

Now that 4th Stage is finished we’d like to encourage anyone who has only watched our ID4 subs to perhaps try out some of our other shows like Leiji Matsumoto and so on. Theres plenty more anime out there for you to watch while you sit out the long wait for 5th stage.

Enjoy ep 24!

Regards

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile