Author Topic: Has anything technical changed in the past week?  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Sikona

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Has anything technical changed in the past week?
« on: November 24, 2006, 07:56:54 am »
Hi, I run the official Mac BitTorrent client version 3.3a on Mac OS X 10.2.8. As a result, there are only certain fansubbing groups I can download from. Live-eviL was one of those, and I always happily got fansubs from this group every time there was a series I was watching that you were doing. Much to my dismay, when I tried to download Death Note episode 8 today, I recieved this dreaded message:

"rejected by tracker - This tracker requires support for the "key" announce paramater. Please update or change your client."

As I can't update this client any more on this OS, and I can't find another freesource client that runs on my OS that works any better, seeing this message usually means that I need to start looking for another fansubbing group. T_T

So my question is - Is this a problem on my end? I didn't think I've changed anything with BitTorrent lately? Or has the group updated some protocol or something and my version is now completely incompatible? Death Note is one of my favourite serieses, and I really like the translation job you've been doing with it - I don't want to switch groups. :(

Any help or information would be GREATLY appriciated. Thank you. ^^

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Has anything technical changed in the past week?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 06:15:31 pm »
The problem is with the scarywater tracker. This tracker is run by another group. Many fan-sub groups including Live-eviL use this tracker to distribute their fansubs via BitTorrent.

ScaryWater has problems now and then in reporting the number of seeds and leechers. The tracker may be completely or partially down at times.

We noticed last night that ScaryWater was only partially working. The number of seeds and leachers was not being updated. Scarywater was not connecting seeds and leachers to each other so only clients that support dht was working.

In other words, the problem is quite clearly not at your end.  ;D

Our best guess is that your problem is a temporary problem and that it will be fixed "real soon now". If it hasn't been fixed in the next few days to a week, let us know and we'll look into contacting ScaryWater for more info.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Has anything technical changed in the past week?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 11:08:21 am »
The tracker has been fixed apparently. Whew, long wait that was.  :-\

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii