Author Topic: New series suggestion thread  (Read 254514 times)

Offline Signal

• n00b Hero
  • I Love my Silvia!
    • View Profile
Re: New series suggestion thread
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2007, 10:47:27 am »
Hello to Live-Evil and fellow fans. Recently (about a week.5 ago) I watched a RAW version of this anime called Wangan Midnight. I searced for a fansubber and found one, but to my dismay the quality of the translation/work was poor --- awkward grammar, low resolution, etc. The show was an instant hit with me, and I'm sure it will be with many others as well. I've never read the manga to this show, but I have played the arcade games. I don't know Live-Evil's stance on this genre of anime (I was reading some past post on ID4, and there seems to be alot of discontent with that show, I personnally was a fan!) but I hope Live-Evil considers it. This show is produced by OB Planning (same as ID4) and is even supervised by Keiichi Tsuchiya!! (Drift King, if you don't know him, look him up! :P he's only about this famous *extends arms out*) I give thanks in advance if Live-Evil accepts, and even if Live-Evil doesn't, well my heart is broken because Live-Evil is the only fansub group I could think of that has ever done a motorsport anime. (well Ideology, but they don't have a website + I are not so nifty on the IRC ^^;)
-Signal

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2007, 06:43:51 pm »
Umm hate to break your heart but NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS OF MAN.

I don't think you picked up that ID4 made us sick and tired of car animes and in particular car anime fans because they were so demanding and ungrateful.

Anyways the 2 people that were to core of ID4 namely the translator and editor have both retired from fansubbing and / or busy with real life so AINT GONNA HAPPEN. Sorry.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Signal

• n00b Hero
  • I Love my Silvia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2007, 08:05:29 pm »
haha I had my suspcions, but failed to realize it was that bad!

Live-Evil did a great job on ID4, it's too bad that the translator and editor aren't around anymore. I'm pretty sure they would have seen things my way. ;)

I won't fight Live-Evil about it because I'm not one of those 'ungrateful car anime fans' and actually I'll thank gumbaloom for replying so quickly and directly.

Ah I was just asking because I'm an avid motorsports fan, not just the animation (I watch alot of Best Motoring International and Video Option) and I'm actually an aspiring drifter! (I love my S14) Thanks anyway. Live-Evil FTW~!

-Signal

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2007, 08:15:14 am »
http://www.ink-chan.com/index.html
then click on "broadcast info"
Only a few more days.

downloadable preview video:
http://public.ezla.com.tw/MOETAN3/05.html

Not that you guys will be subbing it, but :)

Offline mgthunder

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2007, 08:52:21 pm »
Hello,

May I suggest Queen Emeraldas eps 3 and 4?

I know eps. 1 & 2 were licensed by ADV years ago but are eps 3 & 4 a possiblity?

Thanks!

Mike

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2007, 10:59:16 pm »
I'm thinking of purchasing Ufo Robo Grendaiza, now there's a true classic show (one that animefans all round the world want to see subbed  ;)  )

of course as with all good old jap series, they cost an arm & a leg... >:(

matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline gouki

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2007, 02:43:18 pm »
hello,

I would like to suggest les miserables: shojo cosette, the anime adaption of the victor hugo novel.

summary from animenewnetwork
Being a single mother is hard in early 19th Century France. When young Cosette was traveling with her mother trying to find a job and a place to live, they were always shunned away because very few employers hire single mothers. When she is promised with the prosperity of working in the big city, Cosette is separated from her mother in the hopes a caretaker will watch over her while her mother earns some money. Unfortunately this was a trick and the caretaker is a corrupt man who makes Cosette his indentured servant. Then the kind mayor of the town that Cosette makes her new home in sees how winds of change are so detrimental for children and families, and decides to do something about it

to my knowledge, only 2 other groups, both of which currently dropped it due to lack of staff interest, have subbed this. I've only seen 3 episodes of this show, and I haven't read the original novel so i really can't tell how accurate it is to the original source material, but so far the show seems to have a lot of potential. I think it would be a shame to see this show go unsubbed, and I highly doubt it would ever get licensed.

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2007, 03:10:09 pm »
hello,

I would like to suggest les miserables: shojo cosette, the anime adaption of the victor hugo novel.

summary from animenewnetwork
Being a single mother is hard in early 19th Century France. When young Cosette was traveling with her mother trying to find a job and a place to live, they were always shunned away because very few employers hire single mothers. When she is promised with the prosperity of working in the big city, Cosette is separated from her mother in the hopes a caretaker will watch over her while her mother earns some money. Unfortunately this was a trick and the caretaker is a corrupt man who makes Cosette his indentured servant. Then the kind mayor of the town that Cosette makes her new home in sees how winds of change are so detrimental for children and families, and decides to do something about it

to my knowledge, only 2 other groups, both of which currently dropped it due to lack of staff interest, have subbed this. I've only seen 3 episodes of this show, and I haven't read the original novel so i really can't tell how accurate it is to the original source material, but so far the show seems to have a lot of potential. I think it would be a shame to see this show go unsubbed, and I highly doubt it would ever get licensed.

As always,,, before thinking of picking up a new series, we must have 2 things.
Raws,, and a translator willing to see the project to the end. Without that, it is unlikely to happen.

:-\
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline msr

• n00b Hero
  • Typesetting Otaku In Learning
    • View Profile
    • Anime-Reactor
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2007, 07:37:18 pm »
This is my first post in here and let me thank the L-E staff first for having put out lot's of great stuff over the years. :)

That said I have a question, since you did part or the whole of yua 2 are you planning on or interested in doing yua3. I don't know of any group currently doing it and I would very much like a decent group doing a show I have enjoyed for two seasons. Raws aren't out yet and ofcourse I'm no translator but I thought I would ask because you worked on the previous one.

Thanks in advance for a reply on this and I hope to see many more great L-E encodes :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:42:19 pm by msr »

Anime is Best Viewed Stoned :p
http://ar-radio.hopto.org/listen.pls Go Listen NOW !

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2007, 07:47:59 pm »
Find us a translator who is willing to t/l YUA for us, then we'll see :D
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline msr

• n00b Hero
  • Typesetting Otaku In Learning
    • View Profile
    • Anime-Reactor
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2007, 09:39:30 pm »
The translators I know are mostly busy I'll look around but I'm not sure I can find someone unfortunatly

Anime is Best Viewed Stoned :p
http://ar-radio.hopto.org/listen.pls Go Listen NOW !

Offline omaroni

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2007, 08:40:10 pm »
Is there any planing to transulate Asita no joe 1&2 its just sad to see there are no group interested in it  even though
its one of the finest  anime ever produced

Offline Siing

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2007, 11:41:33 am »
Can I suggest Kaze no Shoujo Emily (Emily of the New Moon) ? Its an anime that came out spring this year, but no fansubs have ever come out for it ;; ... I just came across it, and it looks like i'd be awesome like Snow Queen...
Just a suggestion...
~The world is not beautiful, and that in a way, lends it a sort of beauty~

Offline emsko

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2007, 03:37:21 pm »
but no fansubs have ever come out for it ;;

No, fansubs have come out for it, just search a little harder.

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2007, 02:48:31 am »
I'd like to point out that there's something inherently wrong about an anime based on Emily of New Moon.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.