Author Topic: New series suggestion thread  (Read 254201 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: can i request this?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 05:44:42 am »
Uhh we don't sub licensed series.

Entethegame rules strictly prohibit the subbing of licensed series and it's against fansubbing ethics to do so

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline latin lover

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 05:58:51 am »
oh sorry i didn't know

Offline tekkaman_x

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 11:11:13 am »
i have a suggestion for a fansub, wasn't sure where to put it though ???. My suggestion is episodes 3 & 4 of the Queen Emeraldas OVA released in 1998, as only the first two episodes were licensed and released in the west.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 11:23:29 am »
Direct your comments to the Matsumoto team (drop Yaoiboy / Masakari) a line and they'll take it in to consideration.

And are you SURE episodes 3 and 4 are unlicensed.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

Offline tekkaman_x

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 10:18:13 pm »
i'm pretty sure that eps 3 & 4 are unlicensed, this is what i found on the wiki for it:

"Queen Emeraldas' first two episodes were produced by Studio OLM and licensed for American distribution by ADV Films, being one of their earlier releases on the DVD format. Those two episodes also have regular runs on the Action Channel. In Japan, the remaining two episodes were produced by Multi Access Company and were released the following year after the initial two, indicating that a separate contract (that is not yet forthcoming) would be required for anyone to license the concluding episodes of the story outside of Japan."

Everywhere else with info on the OVA (that I found) only mentions the first two episodes, except for Anime News Network which states that although there were four eps in total, only the first two were licensed by ADV.

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Requesting Queen Emeraldas
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 05:51:04 am »
i have a suggestion for a fansub, wasn't sure where to put it though ???. My suggestion is episodes 3 & 4 of the Queen Emeraldas OVA released in 1998, as only the first two episodes were licensed and released in the west.

This has already been discussed in Matsumoto. I believe we decided to add it to our wish list. Someone did some research and found absolutely nothing to hint that 3 & 4 is licensed or is likely to be licensed in the near future.

However, I haven't seen anything more discussed in recent weeks. It may have gotten pushed to one side in the effort to crank out episodes of our more active series. (I know I forgot.  :o ) Why not give YaoiBoy or Masakari a pm, let them know your interest and find out what the current status is?

We are more likely to start doing real work on this if people keep reminding us.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 09:08:09 am »
Okay Okay Okay......A few things here...

A)We Need Raws. Its a wish within a dream until we get some Rawz. Either You Provide them, or provide a place to get them, or the captial to buy a nice DVD source, or Convince Gumbaloom et. al. to Front the $.

B)It would be MUCH faster than Harlock, becasue there would be no Audio-Ubering. There is a Backlog of 2 harlock eps due to Audio Backlogging currently.  >:( >:( >:( >:( To Yaoiboy....

C)Emereldas is Blonde....Um..... :-[ :'( I seriously don`t get the attraction to her stories barring extensive participation by Harlock and friends. Maetel is the only exception to the Blondes are ugly rule, becasue of the 345 times Tetsuro said her name inside 3 scenes in 2 movies... Anyone whos name is worthy of being shouted that many times in a row HAS To have SOME hawtness... either that ot Tetsuro is REALLY desperate.... or has a mother con...I dunno dude...

D)I need a Harlock Costume...A really good one. If you can direct me towards one, the chances of this happening increase....Alot.... ALSO THIS IS NOT A BRIBE. :D ::) :) ;) ;) ;)

E)メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!!メーテル!!! :)

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 10:25:20 pm »
maetel is blonde

emeraldas is red ...yum
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 10:35:55 pm »
i would also like to request that everyone that comes here to whine, request stupid stuff, and make stupid posts to just leave and dont come back.
The resident bastard.

Offline tekkaman_x

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 01:18:24 am »
A)We Need Raws.
If I had them, I'd upload them.
I think you might be able to get them here:
http://www.discking.com/dk/catalog.jsp?id=VCD0000000001105&id2=&lan=b5
http://www.discking.com/dk/catalog.jsp?id=VCD0000000001106&id2=&lan=b5
Damn, now it's tempting to buy them even though I barely have enough funds to live on... life is cruel :'(
B)It would be MUCH faster than Harlock, becasue there would be no Audio-Ubering. There is a Backlog of 2 harlock eps due to Audio Backlogging currently.  >:( >:( >:( >:( To Yaoiboy....
Not my place to say on that
C)Emereldas is Blonde....Um..... :-[ :'( I seriously don`t get the attraction to her stories barring extensive participation by Harlock and friends. Maetel is the only exception to the Blondes are ugly rule, becasue of the 345 times Tetsuro said her name inside 3 scenes in 2 movies... Anyone whos name is worthy of being shouted that many times in a row HAS To have SOME hawtness... either that ot Tetsuro is REALLY desperate.... or has a mother con...I dunno dude...
Maetel is hawt...... 8)
D)I need a Harlock Costume...A really good one. If you can direct me towards one, the chances of this happening increase....Alot.... ALSO THIS IS NOT A BRIBE. :D ::) :) ;) ;) ;)
i don't know of any to acquire, as i would get one myself  ;D ;D. Only ones i've seen dotted around the web are those that people have made themselves.

Offline archangel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Suggestion - Gakuen Alice
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 04:34:25 am »
Once again, I ask to humbly write in these forums.   :)  It's been awhile, admittedly, but I was thinking about what Tsubasa was saying about L-E having to drop Tsubasa Chronicles and Nana and the potential loss of fans, and then I thought, well it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?  So I was wondering if L-E would consider taking on Gakuen Alice.  I know it has a pretty large fan base. It's an anime from a couple of years ago and it hasn't been licensed. I know L-E would do credit to this anime. I don't know about Raws, mind you, but I assume (big assumption here) that you can still download them.  I know that I am showing ignorance here, so apologies.  Still, perhaps one of the powers above might consider taking on this project. 

Thank you.

P. S. I wasn't sure where to post this so I started a new topic. :-\

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion - Gakuen Alice
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 04:43:22 am »
Already being subbed by Naisho, the slow ass, drago get off your ass plz group.
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 04:44:39 am »
Ya we dont vulture sub shows that groups like Naisho do. They do a good job just Drago os sloooooooowwwwwww.

Even if we were to consider it got a translator ready ? XD

-gumbaloom

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 12:28:36 pm »
Yo Gumba, welcome back.  I'm dying because of my brats here.

Gakuen Alice?

>_>

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006, 02:57:13 pm »
Yo Gumba, welcome back.  I'm dying because of my brats here.

Gakuen Alice?

>_>

-Tsubasa

Don't look on as brats , View them fresh young minds ripe for shaping into what ever you want them to be!

They are your minions!
 ;D ;)

-Suzaku has been watching the series 'Monster' lately. :P

Johan Liebert has an effect on ya after a while :O
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.