Author Topic: New series suggestion thread  (Read 254255 times)

Offline BTime

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: New series suggestion thread
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2008, 06:14:11 am »
For my greedy anime request, I'd love to see Oishinbo get some fansubbing love. 

ANBU subbed the first 2 episodes a ways back, and I've been wanting to see more of this ever since.  It's not an easy show to sub, but that's part of what separates it from the pack.  Oishinbo would need a strong group of fansubbers to pull it off.  How about you Live-Evil crew??

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2000

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25:46 pm »
Lol

I had the entire Oishinbo manga set (a girlfriend of mine at the time was way into the manga) but I'll be honest, I just don't know enough about Japanese culinary terms to do it justice. A lot of the manga was over my head.

It wouldn't be impossible, but a lot of work. Kara-kun, a former timer of ours, had all the raws for it. I believe he actually timed it for ANBU.

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline minhtam2448

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2008, 10:42:33 pm »
Hi.

This is kind of a side project request, but I was wondering if you can karaoke a PV for me.  The Promo-Video is KOTOKO - -421- A Will, and a lot of people would like to see this done.  Actually, I was looking for an English Translation online for this song, and I found that none existed on the internet, so I took the liberty of doing the translations myself, so that's one hurdle that's already taken care of, and should you choose to accept this side project, all you need to do is a Translation Check (not sure if I got my pronouns right) and the actual fansub itself.  If you decide to do this, I'll give you the kanji, romanji, and English versions organized by line in order so you can do this easily.

If you wish to credit me for translations, that's fine, but I would feel better if the TC gets it.

Offline smoke123

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2008, 11:53:00 pm »
Hiatari Ryoukou!

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2008, 04:55:58 pm »
I'm very curious about Hiatari Ryoukou. Do you have any raw copies I can check out?

-Tofu

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Dirty Pair TV done L-E style...
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:26 am »
I know youre into Classic Anime, so how about DIRTY PAIR TV (24 Eps) from the 80ies.

Ah yes, that sounds like a great idea!  [:burtonsnowboard] I have yet to see this series but loved the OAV series and movies.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2008, 04:13:24 pm »
Ah yes, that sounds like a great idea!  [:burtonsnowboard] I have yet to see this series but loved the OAV series and movies.

We are actually subtitling this show and in need of someone to do translation checking for it. I think I see where this is heading ;)

-Tofu

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2008, 08:42:22 am »
Hmm.....yes, well, we can talk about that and more after we have a chat in the IRC channel.   ;D

Offline VivisQueen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2008, 02:14:27 pm »
Dear Live-Evil,

I absolutely ADORED what you did with Rose of Versailles. It was one of the first few anime I watched as a kid in Germany, along with Aishite Night and Future Police Urashiman (and loads of other stuff), and lately I've been hunting around for all of these so I can rewatch them and remind myself why exactly I fell in love with anime.

I would like to request 'Lady Georgie', which has a very similar feel and look to Rose of Versailles, so it might be something you're interested in doing. Only a few episodes of the German dub are available on youtube and there are no existing English subs yet. Lots of sentimental value attached to this anime, so if your amazing group actually did this one, I would be forever grateful.

Lots of fan praises
VivisQueen
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:26:24 pm by VivisQueen »

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2008, 04:09:29 pm »
You are not the first person to suggest it!

I always did want to have a followup series for ROV for us (ROV itself was our followup series to Utena).

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have the resources to add a new project like that but in the future it is a real possibility. Do you know anyone who owns the DVDs?

-Tofu

Offline VivisQueen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2008, 07:36:04 pm »
Not at all. Never even met anyone else who has heard of it. But glad that you guys are considering picking it up in the future.

Thank you!
VivisQueen

Offline divacita

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2008, 11:04:08 am »
I also hope the LE would pick-up Lady Georgie. I saw that A Limited Box Set is coming out for it in Jun. It's R2 in the original Japanese. But it has a whopping price tag on it. I would donate money to purchase it if LE decided to pick it up to Subb.

Here are the links (I hope that this is ok 2 post):
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-a7-49-en-70-2mk7.html

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-3286

BTW, Thanks for doing KOR I am so loving it very much.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2008, 12:34:15 pm »
We are actually subtitling this show and in need of someone to do translation checking for it. I think I see where this is heading ;)

-Tofu

I remember you asking me if I was still interested in TL checking DP on IRC a little while back.  I know you've been busy as of late, so no rush really.  However, I can start TL checking scripts whenever. Just thought I would post this here, even though I'm sure I'll see you in the IRC channel sometime.  ;) 

Offline teucom

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2008, 02:09:26 pm »

L-E releasing DP-TV?? Well I missed that one completely :)

Quote from: teucom
The first six episodes can be found on the net, but the group who released them, Exiled-Destiny, stated they never retranslated it and only reused fansubs from old vhs tape versions, and the project stalled after ep.6 month ago ... and now that group closed anyway...

Note that this group semiclosed, but they still seem to (very slowly) continue to release the DP-TV series, now at ep#08. They still just encode the RAWs and add the old VHS fansubs as .srt subs.

I enjoyed the entire DP-TV (DVD) series very much, voiced-over by my personal translating system :); the old existing fansubs mentioned above are acceptable, but very basic and far from being accurate at times.

So its very nice we'll see this truly classic series properly done, l-e style.

Until then, if youre into Classic KOR, DP, BC ... enjoy this (63MB, rightclick&save)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:37:52 pm by teucom »

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2008, 07:20:57 am »
Note that this group semiclosed, but they still seem to (very slowly) continue to release the DP-TV series, now at ep#08. They still just encode the RAWs and add the old VHS fansubs as .srt subs.

But if they're just adding the OLD scripts to the raws and releasing them, what fun is that? Yeah I know it's better than nothing for some people, but that's not really fansubbing (IMHO), since they aren't checking the translations and fixing any problems.  ;)