Author Topic: Quality Checkers Needed  (Read 95472 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Quality Checkers Needed
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2007, 08:16:13 am »
I have minions everywhere. This idea of Tsubasa's minionship was created by Mamo-chan though, not me. A couple of people have identified themselves as my minion in the nOObs thread, so it's pretty common as you can see. Nothing bad with being my minion. Whether there is anything good in it...well I leave it to you to decide that.

Btw, we're still qc heavy for a while, so don't forget to check back about a week later.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Thiam

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2007, 04:25:46 pm »
Hello all Live-Evil staff. I am interested in joining the Live-Evil team as a QCer. I have attempted to contact you via your IRC server but have as of yet been unable to reach you. Not to worry though I will continue to try over the course of the next few days. I would simply like to leave you a message here if I am ultimately unable to reach you there.

A little about myself. I am currently a double major of Linguists and Japanese Studies at the University of Hawai'i. I have already had two years worth of education in the Japanese language and am currently on a study abroad program to Tokyo for a year to further strengthen my skills. I am not yet fluent in the language but I am getting better and better everyday.

I intend to apply for the position of QCer and become more familiar with Live-Evil and the process of fansubbing with hopes that when my Japanese skills become strong enough I may be able to take up work as a translator. I have no preference on what you would have me QC I merely would like the opportunity to help out with your projects and to have more contact with the Japanese language.

Well that about sums it up. I will continue to try to contact you on the IRC server. If you wish to contact me you may do so at this address. Kauhl@hawaii.edu

If you do decide you have no need of me that is quite alright and I thank you for your time.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2007, 08:12:06 pm »
Your credentials sound very nice. If you are truly interested in being a QCer you should read this page: http://www.live-evil.org/so-you-want-to-be-a-live-evil-qcer/ One of our staff members has sent you an e-mail about it as well. We look forward to hearing from you :D

"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline iDuckie

• n00b Hero
  • kwakwakwakwak
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2007, 02:48:57 am »
Hello L-E staff.

I'd like to lend my skills for QC as well. A little bit about me, I haven't been QC'd any formal shows yet. I'm actually working with a fansub group that is just starting, and would like to immerse myself in the world of QC. I am a huge fan of L-E, and have watched many of your shows.

I've known one of your members, gumbaloom, for a long while..we go way back to the old days of PGSM, even before then. I'm my real life, I actually do quality control for a living, so I'm trained to spot, see, read and hear errors. I tried to get gumba's attention on IRC, but I'm pretty sure he's asleep.  :D

Any who, I have read both stickies on "what to read before applying" and the code of conduct. You can contact me at iDuckie@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time!  :)
QCer of Harlock SSX!
Editor - Mahou no Star Magical Emi and Queen Millennia.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2007, 12:35:34 am »
Hi

I would like to know what needs to be qc'ed. If you could get a hold of me and let me know that would be awesome.

Thank you

~Vash~
Vash XD

Offline OtakuReborn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2007, 01:21:21 pm »
Hello everybody. I've recently joined the Live-eviL community in hopes of trying out fansubbing, and I thought that being a Quality Checker was probably the best place to start. I have never done any fansubbing work before, but I am genuinely interested in starting. I am currently a 19 year old college student studying Computer Engineering and Computer Science.

I believe that I was supposed to either make a post here or chat on IRC. I'm not sure when to log on to IRC to talk to people, nor am I sure exactly who I talk to. If somebody could guide me in what I should do to apply, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2007, 01:34:22 pm »
Nice nice.  :D

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2007, 08:47:41 pm »
Hello everybody. I've recently joined the Live-eviL community in hopes of trying out fansubbing, and I thought that being a Quality Checker was probably the best place to start. I have never done any fansubbing work before, but I am genuinely interested in starting. I am currently a 19 year old college student studying Computer Engineering and Computer Science.

I believe that I was supposed to either make a post here or chat on IRC. I'm not sure when to log on to IRC to talk to people, nor am I sure exactly who I talk to. If
somebody could guide me in what I should do to apply, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Actually, to try and bypass that particular problem, we made this thread:

Requirements to QC for Live-Evil! READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING

It is permanently positioned at the top of this area of the forum and should have all of the information you need to get yourself started. Thanks for your interest and hopefully this helps yo and any future applicants  :D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
ROFL ;D

Offline Vaercyn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2007, 07:31:58 am »
This thread is a little dated (last reply in early April). I was wondering if QC's were still needed, or perhaps editors. I can do either, so.. I just need to know who to talk to. There's a few people with @'s in front of their name, but I'd rather not have to hassle everyone. So, names would be good, or a PM or.. well, something.  8)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:38:33 am by Vaercyn »

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2007, 05:22:15 pm »
Gumba (sometimes seen as Goomba), tlynnec or YaoiBoy would be the best people to talk to. And yes, we can always use more QCs.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2007, 06:16:31 pm »
Actually, to try and bypass that particular problem, we made this thread:

Requirements to QC for Live-Evil! READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING

It is permanently positioned at the top of this area of the forum and should have all of the information you need to get yourself started. Thanks for your interest and hopefully this helps yo and any future applicants  :D
* bobby6 points at the pertinent contact info just 1 post above the question.  :'(
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
ROFL ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2007, 01:19:18 pm »
Heh. Who? What? Where? is pretty much bound to pop up despite that as different people believe in different degrees of research.   :P It's like the New Series Thread where despite the conditions written in the first few posts, people still suggest stuff without having a translator and/or raw source ready at times.  ;)

-Tsubasa