Author Topic: If you feel you have been wrongly banned from our IRC channel, post here.  (Read 77886 times)

Offline Tilgare

• n00b Hero
  • *L-E Staff* Timing, Kara, Editing, and QC
    • View Profile
I've got a similar issue.  The way I've fixed it is I spam a timer in a random chan... so mine looks like:

Code: [Select]
/timer1 100000 5 /me wrote a timer to save from d/cs.
It repeats 100000 times every 5 seconds... that way it never actually idles and should save you from the d/c problem.
"Chaos is the score upon which reality is written." - Henry Miller

Offline topcat

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
68.34.40.189 c-68-34-40-189.hsd1.md.comcast.net

I think I have had the same IP since the last time I was in channel.  My router is always on so my IP doesn't change very often unless there is a power outage or Comcast does maintenance.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
OK, not sure what the ban was (probably done inadvertently) but it's been removed! Sorry for the inconvenience ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline topcat

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Thanks!

Offline CrimsonTears

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Not sure if this thread is even looked at, considering the last time there was a post here, but...

I got banned, although I think it wasn't me specifically, but the .br's again for some reason. A few days ago (a week or so) I joined the channel just fine. If the open ban on .br adds won't be removed, is it possible to get included in the exception list or something?

Anyways, my current local host: 189.114.192.132.dynamic.adsl.gvt.net.br

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
nope you werent wrongly banned so go away
The resident bastard.

Offline CrimsonTears

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I haven't been to the channel in over a week, since I downloaded a few eps of Rose of Versailles, how can you claim >I< haven't been banned for no reason? Or better, tell me what did >I< (not someone from the same country as me or whatever) did to get banned. Since you say I haven't been "wrongly banned", you must have some sort of proof I broke channel rules repeatedly or something.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
of course i have proof and thats all you need to know
The resident bastard.

Offline CrimsonTears

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Entertain forum visitors and show me this made up proof then.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
im more suprised that you got in when you were banned in the beginning
The resident bastard.

Offline CrimsonTears

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
The only time I ever was banned was for doing a !list or @find in the wrong window... a 5 mins ban and nothing else.

What about this so-called "proof" anyways? 3 posts and not a single exibit?

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
go read this thread like a page back and the proof is already here
The resident bastard.

Offline CrimsonTears

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Before posting here I had already read this whole thread. I saw someone had already asked about being banned for having a .br host (not with the same ISP as mine), as well as that you said "br is banned for another reason", which was never mentioned. The user even asked for the reason and never got a reply. Other posts aren't related to me or even .br hosts, so this "proof" eludes me. Please be specific.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
all you need to know is .br is banned if i wanted to i would tell you but why would i?
The resident bastard.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Before posting here I had already read this whole thread. I saw someone had already asked about being banned for having a .br host (not with the same ISP as mine), as well as that you said "br is banned for another reason", which was never mentioned. The user even asked for the reason and never got a reply. Other posts aren't related to me or even .br hosts, so this "proof" eludes me. Please be specific.
Hello CrimsonTears.  Do you know how to request information directly from the source, rather than having to ask on these forums?  Simply go to:
http://www.paranoia-live.net/forms/form22.htm
Fill out the form properly and under the box that says "Box of recipient", put "Live-eviL".  Your web-form will then be forwarded to the live-evil Q&A team and, if completed in an acceptably, it will be answered in a timely fashion.

If you are having problems, go to:
http://www.paranoia-live.net/forms/PersonalityStabilizerRequest.htm