Author Topic: green line  (Read 7498 times)

Offline SPF

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
green line
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:01:51 am »
I'm having trouble with playing avi files. There seem to be a green line at the bottom of my screen:

It randomly dissappears for a second when I change the resolution of my player window.

It does not show in VirtualDub.

I have the newest CCCP codec pack installed. This is the only codec installed after my Windows install.

Programs that show a green line:
MPC
BSplayer
PowerDVD4
WMP

File I tested: Death Note 12 (crc verified 8F9A53FE)

Offline SPF

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: green line
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 03:18:52 am »
I did some testing and I came up with the following:

VirtualDub came up with a resolution of 704x396 and all the programs with the green line came up with 704x400. This explains the green line.

How can I fix this?

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 08:15:26 am »
A few things you could try are adjusting the overlay setting in WMP classic or whatever player you are using, and checking that your drivers for your graphics card are the latest.  Certain overlay types and/or rescaling might require that the video resolution is evenly divisible by 8/16/32 or such.  I remember long ago releasing 480x360 some groups would instead scale it to 512x384 in order to avoid a certain (rare, but not unheard of) problem with playback.  396 mod 8 is not 0 so it's not a good resolution to use for playing back on certain setups. 

Offline SPF

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 01:54:24 pm »
It's true that I have issues with my ATI drivers. The newest drivers don't work for some reason, my graphical card is about 5 years old.
( Common problems with my ATI drivers: crash GPU accelerator, random reboots, system freeze )
Those problems are the reason I don't use the newest driver, but also not the oldest drivers.

I was planning to buy a new one though, maybe then the problem will be solved.

My other computer doesn't show a green line, so I guess the problem lays in the driver.

Thx for the info, I never thought the problem could be in the driver.