Author Topic: Thank you for the amazing work in Death Note!  (Read 20219 times)

Offline Erasculio

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Thank you for the amazing work in Death Note!
« on: January 13, 2007, 12:45:15 pm »
(I apologize if this is in the wrong place...I saw that the "Death Note General Discussion" topic has been locked, but there are still other topics discussion specific plot points...)

Now that Live-Evil has finished its work on Death Note, I have to say I'm amazed at the quality of the sub. It's perfect - sometimes it's so well done that I'm in doubt whether it's something done by Live-Evil or if it's something the anime itself had. I'm sure that Viz will be hard pressed to keep the quality as high as the one showed by the people here, and I'm also sure that the excelent work done by this group helped to increase its popularity in the world...And who knows, if not by you maybe Viz wouldn't have noticed how popular that anime is and wouldn't have licensed it.

A huge thank you, in name of all the fans in Brazil  :)

Erasculio

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you for the amazing work in Death Note!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 07:57:20 pm »
Thank YOU! It's really nice to be appreciated for our work instead of criticized for dropping the show when it was licensed  :D We're glad that you enjoyed our subs for Deathnote.

As far as the quality, I especially give lots of credit to tlynnec who did all of the moving onscreen texts. I was amazed as well, some of them looked like they were in the episode originally. And the editing was superb. She does a great job of not letting any mistakes get past her  :D

And of course, thanks to Beloculus as well, our fearless translator who put Deathnote ahead of sleep and sanity many weeks.  ;)

And thanks to kuren for the great karaoke! It was a beautiful job.

And to everyone else who contributed to the project, the QCers, and people who helped in other ways. Thank you so much for supporting LLE so we could bring the fans prompt and quality subs each week.
* bobby6 hugs all of you.  :D

Deathnote is over now for us, but look forward to our next project.  ;)
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:28:21 am »
And thanks to you too bobby....gr8st timer  :-*

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Captain Yagami

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 04:02:46 am »
The fact that members of Live-Evil and TW were killed by VizMedia means that they will kill any one who opposes them. Think of yourselves, and your family and friends. Those who wish to quit fansubbing may do so, you will not receive a demotion. But to whomever is willing to sacrifice themselves in order to fight VizMedia be here at 5 o'clock when I return from my meeting.
Viz Media is not evil, it is the power to stop fansubs that is evil, some one who finds himself with that power is cursed. No matter how it is used, anything obtained through stopping fansubs can never bring true happiness.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:02:46 am »
Ummm WTF?

There will be no fighting Viz Media here kplsthx. They have the legitimate rights to Death Note and they are perfectly entitled to exercise those rights so we'll have no trash talking on this board.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:29:01 am »

content modified by moderator
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:10:49 pm by crypticgimp »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 07:50:01 am »
The fact that members of Live-Evil and TW were killed by VizMedia means that they will kill any one who opposes them. Think of yourselves, and your family and friends. Those who wish to quit fansubbing may do so, you will not receive a demotion. But to whomever is willing to sacrifice themselves in order to fight VizMedia be here at 5 o'clock when I return from my meeting.

WTF is wrong with you? Go and get a life. -_-
-Tsubasa

P.S. Another post above calling for moderation. -_-
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 04:32:28 pm »
Yes, it calls for moderation. All things, flame included, call for moderation to be truly appreciated.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 04:42:16 pm »
 :P :P :P

-Tsubasa

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 03:47:59 am »
Excuse me... ehem!

I am a 13 1/2 year old boy and my mother says that the language written 4 posts above this one is bad and that I should not read such things. Now I really like this forum so I was wondering if one perhaps could refrain from using such language in the future, and perhaps apologize to the forum users for putting us through such a traumatic experience.

I would truly appreciate it.

Yours truly...
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 05:52:05 pm »
Oh please... ~_~

-Tsubasa

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 07:30:06 pm »
really people... cant we just have a thread where yall can discuss things without it degrading into who can swear the most?

yagami: if you dont have anything to say about the show then dont post asinine comments just for the sake of starting a flame war. nothing you say or do will change the fact that we dropped dn.  no matter who licenses it, we drop it. GET OVER IT!!!

shame on the rest of you for following the stupidity like a bunch of lemmings.  i expect better of you.
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!