Poll

Do you want L-E (& D-B?) to sub Tsubasa S3 despite the fact we might not finish it?

Yes Tofu, please please come back and translate Tsubasa S3, we'll still love you if you vanish mid season
14 (56%)
No thanks, I'll stick with other groups who I know will finish the job for sure.
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Should L-E(& D-B) sub Tsubasa S3 (Tofusensei wanted dead of alive ??????)  (Read 47512 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Quick lil poll here.

As you know L-E and D-B's joint on Tsubasa dramatically failed on Tsubasa S2 of which 95% of the blame lies with Tofusensei.

It's not *that* long before the new (and final season) will be upon us in April. I was just curious to know how much of the fanbase wants us to do S3.

Just something to be aware of Tofusensei has not been seen on IRC for over 3 months now and has not actively posted here for some time.

So heres your chance to vote, would you like Tofu to come back and do S3 or are your allegiances now with another group ?. If so are you happy that we might not finish depending on Tofu.

Note if you want Tofu to come back send an email to tofusensei@live-evil.org to express your desire that he fansubs this series and maybe he might come back from the dead. Hence the title of this thread "Wanted dead or alive XD".

-gumbaloom
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:05:08 am by gumbaloom »
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiit!
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
no :o
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
too bad there is no option ill vote for
that would be no, noone should bother seeing this shit
The resident bastard.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Tsubasa Chronicle.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tofu come back!

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Oh no, I just realised....another eye soaring sticky >__< But it's teh Tsubasa.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
NO! Tofu and Tsubasa (the series) will never see daylight. Not even Daylight Savings Time >_>;;;;
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
* Tsubasa makes a note to herself to bug Tofu about it in every way possible.  ;D

-Tsubasa

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
 ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES  YES YES YES YES YES!

Those other guys make too many mistakes.
* suzaku_nomiko LOVES clamp and TRC :P
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Tsubasa = God (for me at least)
L-E doing S3 = greatest news ever since coming here  ;D

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:53:19 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline Warai Otoko

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Should L-E(& D-B) sub Tsubasa S3 (Tofusensei wanted dead of alive ??????)
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 05:32:00 pm »
I say no, and yes, I have signed up especially for this reply. I have been following Live-eviL and its projects for a few years now, attracted by the care they put in subbing high quality classic anime that no ordinary fansub group would choose to do. In these few years however, I have seen you repeat the same mistake time after time.

Nearly every season a new show gets picked up. Now, this in itself is a great thing. You have no obligation to focus yourselves just on subbing classics that attract less than a great fanbase and subbing more recent hits will also result in gaining a greater "brandname". However, your group is in no shape to constantly start new shows. You have a plethora of unfinished titles, that many a fan would like to see finished and the chances of this happening decrease with every new project you take up on yourselves.

I would even go as far to say that each new series you start is a slap in the face to some of your most avid fans. When picking up Death Note, you showed us that you can sub a shows at a more than decent and respectable pace, without the usual accompanying loss of quality. Why then is it, that a show like 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother has not seen a new release in ages? Why can you pour your resources in a new show, which is almost guaranteed to be either licensed in the near future or to be fansubbed by other groups and can you not do the same for a show which no other group seems to have an interest in?

You almost got me thinking that there is some kind of inherent problem to subbing older shows, but then I see a group like Central Anime who have put out Touch at an incredible pace, despite it being 101 episodes. I see C1, who have already finished one World Masterpiece Theater anime and who are currently subbing another at an impressive pace. Why can you not do this? Why must you allocate your manpower to new projects, which will be subbed by others, and can you not finish up your own high quality shows like the aforementioned 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother and Snow Queen? You have proven that you can put out an episode a week, so finishing up the first of these two should be possible in less than a year time.

That's why my answer is a very firm no. Try to actually finish some of the projects you have started before beginning a new one. When was the last time you have actually finished a somewhat longer show? Was it Rose of Versailles? Since then new projects have been taken up, but none have been finished.

This critique does not hold for the Matsumoto division, by the way, as I commend their strategy and because of the fact that their picking up of new titles does not get in the way of finishing their current projects.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 05:34:03 pm by Warai Otoko »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »
Look it's not like we lack resources in general...more like we are not getting anything released of the stuff Tofu is supposed to be working on. Since he is gone, they're stalled. As for the other stuff like DN, the DN crew wanted to sub DN and that's why we subbed it. No one here has any obligation towards working on something that needs to be worked on more than something they themselves want to do. Whether we did the new season shows or not, it wouldn't really affect the release rate of our other shows(at least now -_-).  We did not make a mistake in picking up DN. It's our policy to drop a show once it is licensed and we were expecting DN to be licensed anyway before we completed it. Licensing issues do not keep us from subbing a new season show. Anyways, we'll be finishing Creamy Mami up very soon so another title to the complete list.  :)

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:02:42 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline Warai Otoko

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 06:15:44 pm »
Perhaps; it is a fact that you have no true obligation to the fans who download your releases, but on the other hand, it is for these fans that you do what you do. If you have no true intention to sub the shows Tofu has left you with, then make their status clear towards the fans who patiently wait for them. That is atleast a kind of moral obligation you should acknowledge, right? Just drop those projects, so other groups can finish them. You could even help such a group by providing any materials you may have acquired, such as scripts or raws.

I'm fine with the route you're taking, but take the accompanying responsability by not keeping your fans in the dark. If you're just keeping their status as stalled in the wait for Tofu, I suggest you drop them anyway, after which you can always re-pick them if he should return.

I also wanted to comment on the Trapp Family Story, however. This is a title the current members of Live-eviL picked up, but also has not been seeing much action. Can you not agree with me that it would be better to first get your act straight on a show like that, instead of beginning another new title?

Offline Ben

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 01:05:27 am »
I say yes.

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 01:25:43 am »
Tsubasa's right, our ability to finish the older shows we're working has nothing to do with picking up season three of TRC. Even the Trapp Family Story is stalled for internal reasons that are, quite frankly, none of the leechers' business. Everyone working on that show likes it and will see that it gets done once certain obstacles have been overcome.

Personally, I find the bitching about the older shows rather tiresome. If you're really that desperate to see something finished, why don't you find out who the project leader is and talk to them to see what you can do to help out? If you're not at least willing to take that leap, you have absolutely no right to complain about the pace they're being released at. The only way to see that a volunteer project gets done is to volunteer.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.