Poll

Do you want L-E (& D-B?) to sub Tsubasa S3 despite the fact we might not finish it?

Yes Tofu, please please come back and translate Tsubasa S3, we'll still love you if you vanish mid season
14 (56%)
No thanks, I'll stick with other groups who I know will finish the job for sure.
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Should L-E(& D-B) sub Tsubasa S3 (Tofusensei wanted dead of alive ??????)  (Read 47572 times)

Offline mocoto

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Should L-E(& D-B) sub Tsubasa S3 (Tofusensei wanted dead of alive ??????)
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 12:16:57 pm »
I'd like to see this project happen if it would mean Tofusensei's return to fansubbing.

I'm not really worried about Tsubasa (pretty sure someone will sub it, anyway), but Tofu has done some important fansub work and his return would be a good thing.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 02:16:09 pm »
Yea, Tsubasa S3 is a great way to get Tofu back, at least for a while.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Warai Otoko

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 02:26:04 pm »
Do you actually have any commitment from Tofu that he indeed will return to his fansubbing work for this project? As I have understood it, you haven't heard from him in quite some time and it seems he has been busy with all kinds of real life obligations. If he is nearly the sole contributor in Live-eviL's role in subbing Tsubasa, it would require quite a bit of his time to take the project up on him. So what makes you think that he will find the time amidst his busy personal life to dedicate to it?

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 02:28:29 pm »
Tofu has a history of returning for only subbing Tsubasa and disappearing after that. -_- It's not that any of us hasn't heard from him AT ALL in the last several months... As for S3, my last long post explains his situation.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline emsko

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 02:58:48 pm »
As far as I know, no one has talked to Tofusensei since the summer, so I think this whole thread is hypothetical.  So, even though I don't watch Tsubasa, I think it would be a good thing if he were willing to return to do season 3, even if nothing else.

And personally, I'd love to get 3000 Leagues going again someday.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 04:36:27 pm »
Maybe bringing up S3 on him will be a way to get him back to fansubbing for a while and have him see to at least something of Marco. -_- But then I really don't know if and how much of that will work but I am just saying if we could get Tofu back, do Tsubasa otherwise don't bother (as much as I love the show  :(). And it's not that no one at all hasn't talk to him since summer really. But yes, it is indeed true for the last several months, he's been unreachable over messengers, e-mails, forums and IRC.

-Tsubasa

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 09:02:54 pm »
Whomever would hop onto a sinking ship is a dumb person indeed.

Whomever would hop on a show about to be licensed is....Well...Don't look at me! I wouldnt dare accuse people of being Ass-Nard-Tards.

:P

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 09:13:26 pm »
Well,, season 2 has not yet has it?

s3 wont be for a while...

-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Elric of Grans

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2007, 06:23:46 am »
Nah, season two was tripe; I doubt I will even bother watching season three.  Live-eviL staff can either put their resources into the quality projects they are already working on, or (very easily) find something better to sub if they want something new.

Offline archangel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 03:02:11 am »
It's been ages since I've been to L-E and I found the above discussion interesting, if not a little disappointing.  I was surprised by various members' responses to Watari's comments, which I felt were not attacking at all so the defensiveness exhibited in the responses confused me.  Certainly, I understand that the internal workings of a group and their associated problems can be a hindrance or a motivation to the work of the group.  And, I also understand that fansubbing is a voluntary thing.  However, I don't think you should completely disregard what Watari is saying.  In essence, despite its voluntary nature, you are providing us fans a service, which naturally we appreciate wholeheartedly. A service it is still and because of that quality, do you have some responsibility, not just to fans but to your colleagues and yourself.  If this was truly a just a personal hobby in which the fanbase had nothing to say on the issue, then you would not be providing the torrents to the rest of us.  Thankfully you do but I feel, in my obviously humble opinion, that the constructive criticism put to you was not a propos.  That's all I really wanted to say.  I think that it is delightful that you spend your time on the old anime, and as fan, I am personally willing to wait for the next releases.  I would like to emphasize, because somehow I think that I will be slammed for stating my opinion (based on the reaction to Watari's post), that I have not nor have ever complained about the speed of your releases.  My comments are not intended to even touch that subject. Period.

Now, I think that I made the poll 50-50 just now.  The only reason why I said NO is because I remember how heartwrenching it was when Tofusensei disappeared and L-E had to cease fansubbing it.  I don't want to see that happen again, personally.  On the otherhand, fans like myself had never known of L-E until Tsubasa S2 so it might be a good PR project.  I believe in the above posts a translator came forward.  I don't see why S3 would have to be dependent on Tofusensei.  I believe that if enough staff members show interest you can probably do it without him.  On the other hand, I don't know the internal workings of the group so that's just a shot in the dark.

Well, that's my two cents anyway.  Back to ye ol' grindstone.

Cheers.

Offline Syaoran-kun

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live-eviL Official Website
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 03:14:55 am »
I don't like Tsubasa Chronicle, but I think that Live-eviL must continue translating it. ;D
Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations:
http://www.tsubasa-kuronikuru.com/

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 03:18:19 am »
We're not doing Tsubasa. End of discussion.
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Syaoran-kun

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 03:49:52 am »
:P

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 10:39:39 pm »

We'll make you a Yawara plushie if you change your mind.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Syaoran-kun

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2007, 11:57:52 pm »
We'll make you a Yawara plushie if you change your mind.
Yeah,  :P we'll.