Author Topic: Answers from the pig (responses to questions asked over Skype)  (Read 98997 times)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Answers from the pig (responses to questions asked over Skype)
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2009, 11:53:24 pm »
2009-08-07 18:13:  Reference number 371

She is just fine.  Nothing is wrong.  Mr. Sparkles was chatting with her just the day before yesterday.  Things should be back to normal in anywhere from a few days to two weeks.  Mr. Sparkles said she felt it kinda strange that people were going bonkers over the whole thing.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2009, 10:56:27 pm »
2009-08-11 08:33:  Reference number 373

The official policy is to neither confirm or deny statements like that.  If you feel this is the case, you should wait for an official announcement from Yamaha corporation. 

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2009, 07:13:30 pm »
2009-08-19 07:57:  Reference number 377

Designing those adds is one of Mr. Sparkles 'side jobs'.  They are supposed to be offensive, eye-catching.  He said he felt a bit guilty b'cos he felt it might put whales in a bad light, though.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 10:09:47 pm »
2009-08-25 16:19:  Reference number 387

No, you saw what everyone else saw.  It cut out due to technical difficulties.  Mr. Hops got a little too excited and decided to have a little chew on the cam's power cable.  Anyways I won.  The final sequence was:  B4, [C7], B5, [F2], B3, [F3], B6 for the win.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 04:09:25 am »
2009-08-26 18:41:  Reference number 388

Yes.  We're on it.  We're familiar with his MO and recently he's been drawn to the early-warning 'honey pots' that Mikey had set up months ago.  Thank you for your concern.  Give us some time to deal with the matter.

As far as the main, yes.  He is too much of a wussy for my liking.  It is a constant drag on the game.  There is a time for 'cowboy diplomacy' or implicit threats of violence and this time has come up more than once.  But the main prefers to just buy people off with money. 

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2009, 04:15:05 pm »
2009-09-16 07:28:  Reference number 397

I know.  Please do not worry.  This is an ongoing operation and everything will be explained in detail in the aftermath. 

I can't say that everything went according to plan, but there was a plan in place before the whole thing started and everyone was able to follow it pretty well.  There was a bit of a rush at the end but everyone got what they came for.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:00 pm »
2009-10-07 06:31:  Reference number 408

All right.  It is actually a very simple analysis and I think anyone who takes some time to think about it can figure out the right answer.  The important thing is to look at each relevant time point from the very beginning and ask yourself 'does this person's actions make sense' or 'is this person acting in a reasonable way'?  From this type of analysis, it becomes obvious as early as t = 1 that [DELETED] was not really acting in good faith.  People lose contact all the time.  [DELETED] had very unrealistic expectations, two weeks of trying to contact someone whose profile states they had not logged in for more than 3 weeks and then taking it to the next level is just uncalled for.  When [DELETED] then chose to go forward, it speaks for itself and anything that happened after that point is pretty moot.  [DELETED] had probably planned out the whole thing to unfold that way from the very beginning. 

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2009, 07:53:15 pm »
2009-10-15 08:11:  Reference number 437

Yes.  Everyone is aware of the problem, and the staff have been informed of it.  There is no need to worry, give it another 24 hours or so and if it's not fixed by then, then you can start to seriously worry.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »
2009-10-21 07:31:  Reference number 445

[This one came in this morning and I am going to answer it in lieu of the pig.]

Yes, I do remember that.  I can't say a saw the whole thing, but I saw part of it.  This was AX2008.  It was maybe halfway through the "Pop Shock Masquerade" event.  I was leaving the event to catch my train (I was only there for one day that year) and as I left, at the far door leading into the event, there were 3 girls in bunny costumes standing facing the door, backs to the hallway.  Presumably, they were waiting for the cue to enter. 

Now I start to head for the exit of the con, which naturally leads past them.  I'm just about to pass them and 'out of nowhere' a short, bald guy with a camera appears and asks to take their picture.  One of the girls told him no b'cos she explained they were on cue to enter the event.  As they pass, I hear her telling him to come back after the event if he really wants their picture.  I thought little of it and just kept on walking. 

While the guy had a slight resemblence to Mr. E, I knew (at the time) that he wasn't Mr. E.  Not to mention his MO is different than Mr. E. 

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2009, 10:11:51 pm »
2009-10-27 17:40:  Reference number 450

Individual non-small-animal tickets are not sold.  The way it works is that a normal admission ticket will allow the named small animal as well as one non-small-animal in at the time of admission.

In essence if you want to bring in two non-small-animals, you need to buy two small animal admission tickets. 

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »
2009-11-04 17:11:  Reference number 459

This is actually perfectly normal.  Everything is in order.  What you are seeing is the results of the machine being in full gear.  When he [Mr. Sparkles] said "we've hit critical mass now", he wasn't fooling.  Just sit back and relax.  They're easier to control when there's a lot of hate, paranoia, and loathing all around.