Author Topic: Shion no Ou  (Read 87343 times)

Offline flarex

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Shion no Ou
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:56 am »
Cute! A guinea pig! And here I was thinking Babe...

Shion no Ou is definitely one of the better series lately. The most recent flush of Spring anime hasn't particularly touched me yet... I'm not into mecha much and we're abounds with anime like Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and Soul Eater.

I wake up every day and pray to my Live-Evil shrine in my closet for the next episode of Shion T_T (kidding)

Either way I'm sure that all of us are grateful that L-E has good taste and has bothered to pick it up. Nijuu Mensou no Musume is great too. Kudos~<3
No darn it, my name isn't related to any Rx drugs QQ...

Offline inf666

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 07:45:02 pm »
I registered just to say: Thank you for subbing this series!!

Shion no Ou ist great to watch and the suspense is killing me.

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 08:03:23 pm »
thanks guys ^_^
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline Teufel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 06:24:44 am »
Thanks for subbing the series. The end of episode twenty was pretty evil, I hope we don't have to wait a month each for the last two episodes - the suspense is just too much.  ;D

Offline eschiver

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 11:56:40 pm »
wahhh, I see the end coming.

Offline niniel1

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 09:07:45 am »
ARGGGGG!
According to wikipedia and a few other anime showing times, episode 22 aired on 22 of March!
Yet its now the 25 of May! And only episode 20 is subbed!
ARGGG!!!!!
I...MUST.....KNOW......THE............ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to wait.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PLEASE SUB THE NEXT TWO EPISODES!!!!! Put me out of my misery please!

Offline Deus_Ex_Machinae

• Live Evil Members
  • n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 11:22:23 am »
Geez, dude, you forgot to add the "[troll-Mode]" and "[/troll-Mode]" tags to your post ;)

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 01:02:14 pm »
Okay, We dropped it so that should put you out of your misery  :D
The resident bastard.

Offline gsimon

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 12:35:09 am »
Okay, We dropped it so that should put you out of your misery  :D

What a shockl! During a few seconds I believed you. Don't scare us with such jokes, please ^^;;;

Thank you to Life-Evil for subbing this title. Great work on a great anime!

---
As a side note... I urge anybody who missed this anime to give it a try. Watch it!

It's a nice mix of several kind of anime (tournament, drama, mistery...), self-sufficient and short (22 eps)

It's also original on 2 specific points:

- the main protagonist suffer muteness

- it takes place in the world of Shogi/japanese chess (but remarquably, you don't need to know anything about it)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 03:28:04 am »
Also we're likely to see a real 'finale' and end here, I mean, something BIG will happen, not just like most of those shows that just kind-of... end.

Offline chas

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 06:52:48 am »
I was wondering what LE's work ethic was on Shion no Ou (and their anime in general). The show is about to end and your release-pace seems to have dropped drastically. Now if it was me, I'd be hard-pressed to deliver a show that is about to reach its climax as soon as possible, which leaves me kind of in the dark here, considering episode 19 was released in like... April and ep 20 a week or so ago. Now I don't know any of your earlier releases (I'm only actively following your Daughter of 20 Faces releases right now), I thought you might be treating the series as some kind of a side-project when you have nothing to do or when you're bored or so. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm more than happy that there is a group that subs this gem of a show. Anyway, if this is not the case, is there lack of motivation or available staff members to finish Shion no Ou in a "timely manner"?

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone (too much), since it wasn't written with the intent of doing so. Keep up the good work, your group seems great and the releases that I saw were very enjoyable so far.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 06:54:41 am by chas »

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 07:15:19 am »
I guess you don't know... the episodes were completed a few weeks ago but the feng-shui master has advised against their release 'until the time is right'.  One of them did find its way out on the super tuesday extravaganza (mostly by accident / miscommunication) but his fear is that further releases might tip the sensitive balance between what makes a release a sucess or a failure among the fans.

You can say we are being arbitrary but the truth is the pig and his assistants work through an elaborate protocol to ensure each release, under heaven, is a sucess and there are no duds or failures that would quickly draw the ire of the fan community.
http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,1467.0.html

For there is a time and place for all things, and the time for the next episode release is not yet.  It will be out when the time is right, and that way, people will rejoice that 'it is a good release' and everyone will be happy. 

"I hope this post doesn't offend anyone (too much), since it wasn't written with the intent of doing so. Keep up the good work, your group seems great and the releases that I saw were very enjoyable so far."
No offense taken, but at the same time, please understand that the main reason you see our releases as 'great' and 'very enjoyable' is precisely b'cos of what goes on behind the scenes and all that.  Every bit of attention is taken to making any given release a sucessful one, sometimes you have a great syncronicity like the one we foresaw on 'super tuesday' and a massive number of releases can be made at the same time with success assured, other times you need to take a more pragmatic, patient approach and we are in the latter state now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:20:29 am by Sindobook »

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 05:35:12 pm »
Yup, what Sindo said! :)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline inf666

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2008, 11:13:42 pm »
Of course you guys can release whatever you want whenever you want, no questions asked. Like I said earlier, I recognize your efforts and I am glad that you are subbing Shion no Ou.

I would like to point out though that keeping back the last two episodes of a series is not always a good thing. I for example am only following a small number of series, one of them being Shion no Ou. For me right now there is hardly any other 'temporal supply' so seeing you hold back the episodes frustrates me quite a bit. In the longer run this could lower my regards toward your group. If I know you hold back like that, why should I follow your releases in the future if one of your competitors (even with a lower quality) does the series as well? If you do not have competitors, shouldn't I wait until you have released all episodes to negate such artificial delays and thus create an even more abnormal and unsymmetrical situation?

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2008, 11:31:06 pm »
If I know you hold back like that, why should I follow your releases in the future if one of your competitors (even with a lower quality) does the series as well? If you do not have competitors, shouldn't I wait until you have released all episodes to negate such artificial delays and thus create an even more abnormal and unsymmetrical situation?

Let me give you a little history about our group.

1- We are quite possibly the oldest truly active digital fansub group on the internet. We turn 7 in a couple weeks.
2- We have never once stated that we would subtitle shows weekly or monthly. In fact, I've been known to throw out the statement "If you're going to follow a Live-eviL show, be in it for the long haul."
3- There are extenuating circumstances that you obviously are unaware of regarding Shion and the staff that work on it.

We spent 3 years subbing Condor Hero and 3 years subbing Rose of Versailles. It took us 5 years to subtitle Creamy Mami. We've been subtitling Ask Dr. Rin for 5.5 years and have only released 11 episodes so far ^^;

So to answer your questions, by all means, go watch some other group's fansubs. And in the case there are no other fansubs out there (which happens to many of our shows because we do tend to sub shows off the beaten path), if long waits between episodes bothers you, wait until we finish the show to pick it up. There's plenty of anime to check out.

In the meantime, may I recommend watching some of the shows we've completed in their entirety? If you haven't seen Rose of Versailles or Creamy Mami, I'd highly recommend both. They should keep you busy for a while.

Cheers!

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.