Author Topic: Shion no Ou  (Read 87394 times)

Offline inf666

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Shion no Ou
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2008, 11:44:51 pm »
Thank you for the fast reply and the clear up. Shion ep 20 ended with an unbelievable cliffhanger, thats why I am arguing a bit. I hope you understand ;-)

As for the other series: I might try them out. After all, there is nothing else to watch. Somehow most of the new series this and last year are mediocre at best.

Offline selectiveyellow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 10:49:38 am »
Quality >>> Speed.

:)

Just think, after all that waiting ep 21 and ep 22 will be worth the wait! It's building the suspense like crazy. You really should try 20 faces out though, it's really good  (Or any of their completed releases!)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 01:49:30 am »
Quality >>> Speed.

:)

Just think, after all that waiting ep 21 and ep 22 will be worth the wait! It's building the suspense like crazy. You really should try 20 faces out though, it's really good  (Or any of their completed releases!)
The pig gave Shion 8.5 oinks (of 10) for suspense and 20 faces 9 oinks for mystery and characters.  So definately give it a shot, but keep in mind you need to watch several episodes before it becomes obvious where it is going.

Offline inf666

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 12:23:56 am »

Yeah I am watching 20 faces. Its also a great series. I just hope they can keep the quality and story up on the current level. As for Shion: No disrespect meant, but I think that waiting too long to release the last two eps is wrong. Suspense builds up over time to a certain point. After that it decreases and could even turn into anger. In a few months most people could not care less as the suspence and the enthusiasm will be gone. But its live-evil's decision and we should be happy that they are subbing it.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2008, 02:00:13 am »
story up on the current level. As for Shion: No disrespect meant, but I think that waiting too long to release the last two eps is wrong. Suspense builds up over time to a certain point. After that it decreases and could even turn into anger. In a few months most people could not care less as the suspence and the enthusiasm will be gone. But its live-evil's decision and we should be happy that
If you offer a monkey 3 acorns in the morning, and 4 more in the afternoon, there will be great protest and pleanty of howling.  Yet if you offer the same monkey 4 acorns in the morning, and 3 if the afternoon, he will be content and happy.  Heaven knows no distinction, it knows nothing of monkeys of acorns or even oneself.  For heaven itself is without form, and only one who accepts that his body or self is no more special or different than any other thing that exists in the world can get close to it.

So to deny self and act in harmony with the world is to gain the favor of heaven.  To act for oneself is to invariably lose the favor of heaven and leave oneself at the mercy of the forces of the world.  This is why wise men seldom act in ways that can be seen, for an act that is in perfect harmony with the world will not be evident at all.

Seriously do you keep up with the pigcasts at all?  The pig had a 'town hall' style meeting last Tuesday and no one even mentioned Shion.  More than half the questions asked by the audience had to do with Tuan Tuan.  If anyone was even the slightest bit apprehensive or angry about Shion they were certainly keeping it to themselves.

My point is that, it's not like there is a super-secretive and isolated, arrogant group known as the 'live-evil central comittee' that consists of a pig, a giant panda, and a number of men dressed in black to do the dirty work, gaurded heavily by secret service and meeting every tenth day in a secret undisclosed underground location to discuss top matters of import like how the fans can be screwed over next or how we can prolong the release of Shion another year or so.  The reality here is that the process is perfectly transparent, members of the public are perfectly free to keep up with the daily going's on in the ways already noted -- you can listen to the pigcasts, call the pig over Skype, or attend one of our friendly townhalls in person. 

Offline Ninyekka

• n00b Hero
  • Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • Murmuur
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 03:22:08 am »
Yeah I am watching 20 faces. Its also a great series. I just hope they can keep the quality and story up on the current level. As for Shion: No disrespect meant, but I think that waiting too long to release the last two eps is wrong. Suspense builds up over time to a certain point. After that it decreases and could even turn into anger. In a few months most people could not care less as the suspence and the enthusiasm will be gone. But its live-evil's decision and we should be happy that they are subbing it.

I second that.  As I mentioned elsewhere, when you have the time to forget what happened in the previous episode, that means the pig's strategic calculations miserably failed!!  Owned. 

Offline dirkbogarde1001

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 11:36:57 pm »
If you offer a monkey 3 acorns in the morning, and 4 more in the afternoon, there will be great protest and pleanty of howling.  Yet if you offer the same monkey 4 acorns in the morning, and 3 if the afternoon, he will be content and happy.  Heaven knows no distinction, it knows nothing of monkeys of acorns or even oneself.  For heaven itself is without form, and only one who accepts that his body or self is no more special or different than any other thing that exists in the world can get close to it.

So to deny self and act in harmony with the world is to gain the favor of heaven.  To act for oneself is to invariably lose the favor of heaven and leave oneself at the mercy of the forces of the world.  This is why wise men seldom act in ways that can be seen, for an act that is in perfect harmony with the world will not be evident at all.

Seriously do you keep up with the pigcasts at all?  The pig had a 'town hall' style meeting last Tuesday and no one even mentioned Shion.  More than half the questions asked by the audience had to do with Tuan Tuan.  If anyone was even the slightest bit apprehensive or angry about Shion they were certainly keeping it to themselves.

My point is that, it's not like there is a super-secretive and isolated, arrogant group known as the 'live-evil central comittee' that consists of a pig, a giant panda, and a number of men dressed in black to do the dirty work, gaurded heavily by secret service and meeting every tenth day in a secret undisclosed underground location to discuss top matters of import like how the fans can be screwed over next or how we can prolong the release of Shion another year or so.  The reality here is that the process is perfectly transparent, members of the public are perfectly free to keep up with the daily going's on in the ways already noted -- you can listen to the pigcasts, call the pig over Skype, or attend one of our friendly townhalls in person. 
do you think that through repetition people will forget their original question because as i see it all you're doing is wasting your time.

thanks for the release. [:janfynette]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:24:20 am by dirkbogarde1001 »

Offline ms308680

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 01:09:33 pm »
Yes thank you very much, looked forward to this, haven't gotten to watch it yet but I will be able to tonight.  Only one left, and we will all be looking forward to that just as well.

Thanks for subbing this show and look forward to the last release and the continued good work on the other shows you are subbing and have subbed as well.

Thanks

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 04:03:20 am »
How did you like that ending?
I would've done it a little differently, but as it was, still pretty good.

Offline gsimon

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008, 09:18:54 am »
Thank you so much for the last couple of episodes, it was worth the wait!

Offline Alioth

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2008, 06:47:47 pm »
I just wanted to give my thanks for all of the time and effort that you guys put into subbing Shion no Ou.  Waiting for the last few episodes to be released has been hard, but its definitely been worth the wait. Thank you again!

Offline eschiver

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2008, 11:42:40 pm »
thanks for the releases ^_^

the ending was okay. I wished Hani attacked her lol....

Offline inf666

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2008, 01:11:41 am »
Wow. Superb ending and a job well done by live-evil. Thank you for the last episodes and all of your effort!! The "best" part for me was when Shion threw away her old pendant without a second thought, showing a lot of inner strength. That she would win the game was obvious though. I had to grin at the end when she started to talk. Those cheesy lines were a bit too much.

Offline Selenity

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2008, 04:39:20 am »
The ending was fine, but not great. After all that talk, Shion's spoken comeback was unoriginal, and Hani-meijin's line "We shall see if you're really different from me or not" screamed for a followup, but there was none. Everyone just went on playing Shougi, which we already knew they would do. I would have rather seen if Ayumi and Shion started dating.

The best line was "I will kill your king"..., but she never actually took his king off the board. Since the king has been the main symbol of this series, her literally taking his king from him would have been more dramatic than him just walking off.

Slightly disappointed but still a great series.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2008, 11:59:40 pm »
Well my 'perfect' ending would have been Hani-meijin losing to Shion, explaining the murder to the audience (basically that Shion's original parents saw her interest in Shogi as 'cute' or a simple diversion, not a serious matter) and then he reaches into his garb and produces the same knife that he used for the murder several years ago, but rather than threatening anyone, instead plunges it into his abdomen and cuts himself open, as if committing seppuku.  But without anyone else to finish the act, he merely slumps forward on the shogi table and bleeds to death, with his blood dripping down the table.