Author Topic: need help with Macross DYRL... best version?  (Read 9826 times)

Offline synapticflow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
need help with Macross DYRL... best version?
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:41:59 am »
I have a favorite website that I often refer to for anime reviews.  Many times the site's host will complain about a given anime not having a proper release.  (proper release meaning a R1 DVD with accurate subtitles or English dubbing that is accurate well acted and un-butchered)

Anyway... I can never get an email response from him and many of his reviews were written years ago.  One such review was for The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?  He lamented that there hasn't been a proper release for it.  That is a very old review.

So I'm asking you guys... is there a "proper" release available now?  Could someone link me to it?  I am ok with subtitled R1.  I think I can hack my DVD player, so R2 subtitled would be accepted as a last resort. 

I know that there are many places to find it on the net, but I don't know what the definitive version to buy is.  That's why I am here asking for help.  While we're at it, anyone care to help me find the best place to buy the soundtrack also?

Thanks guys and gals.

Offline Demn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: need help with Macross DYRL... best version?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 03:47:22 am »
there's a new one you can find on animesuki, but the video stream has been pretty heavily filtered (which is one thing i dislike).  we may release some version if mamo gets it and sends me vobs. we were going to do it several years ago but :o idk never happened.

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 03:48:01 am »
great... there goes my modem :(
and yes... I own the remastered DYRL set.

Awaiting for Macross FlashBack to ship :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 03:52:39 am by mamochan »
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline synapticflow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 04:00:35 am »
Oops!  I meant a version for me to purchase and own?  I did get the animesuki one a few days ago actually.  I should've been a bit more clear about what I meant.

Offline Demn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:02:49 am »
oh :/ i don't think you're going to find a great HK copy with subs. they're generally bad :o maybe in a couple years someone will license and release on dvd or bluray in the states :x sorry.

Offline synapticflow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 04:08:58 am »
HK (always) means bootleg, right?  I definitely don't want that.

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 04:14:23 am »
You're better off buying the R2J DVD

http://www.amazon.co.jp (type in macross in the search box)

or

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp (which is down right now for maintenance. Check later)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 04:16:10 am by mamochan »
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline synapticflow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »
Thank you.