Author Topic: KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD  (Read 104414 times)

Offline buttercookie

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 10:31:43 am »
thanks live-evil..  I simply like this anime because of the good story line..

Offline biwachan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 01:33:59 pm »
LE, you guys are awesome for putting this anime out. It was my first and will always, always be my favourite.  I did manage to get the Animeigo DVD versions, not at home atm, so Kinda curious to see how better the new versions will be. but yes..  [:perchut2] [:perchut2]

And a sub Q: i'm on a mac so i'm not really all that.. informed about how to IRC on mac.. are there any DLs out there or is there some way i can access the uploads as their subbed (in the case that the torrents will take some time, as you mentioned).. Thanks in advance!!

Vino

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 01:46:27 pm »
there is irc clients for macs... take a google search around
The resident bastard.

Offline Artel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 01:49:16 pm »
but no you suck

On the other hand, I find it hard to totally disagree with smoke123. Kimagure Orange Road is a fantastic series, but was legally available in its entirety with English subs for many, many years. By comparison, none of the awesome 1970s/1980s Leiji Matsumoto series have ever been licensed properly in English, so I'd say its a something of a shame that resources have been diverted to a series which, while admittedly OOP, is still easily available from R1 DVD vendors online, albeit with the original video transfers.

If I was so concerned at getting a better-looking version of KOR, I'd go straight to the uncompressed R2 source, which I've already done! I'm not setting out to cause trouble, but am I totally wrong for thinking along these lines?

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 01:53:59 pm »
yes you are as the matsumoto series have different staff then kor does
The resident bastard.

Offline chimera

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 02:57:32 pm »
Haha, you guys rock. Thanks.

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 03:14:36 pm »
im sorry....personally as a watcher of anime...subbing an entire series again just cos of an increase in video quality is a waste of ure time imo...ive seen orange road and the ova...films...and wasnt ...well appaled by the video(this is in the past 2 yrs)...dunno which encodes were watched by some of the users...

if u guys were planning on doing such projects as tribute to old animes...would not one that is
NOT subbed yet ..be a better use of ure time?...kodomo no omocha ...a gr8 series with horrible subtitling....or...omg Hiatari Ryoukou!....

most subbing groups...go mainstream...or stay with animes being currently released...
when a group as good as ureselves shows interest in such classics...haha i couldnt help myself from posting...

peace...

Please...

Do NOT.. MENTION  Kodocha!

:P
* suzaku_nomiko attempted it in a ,,, ahem former life..
It is a NIGHTMARE  to sub because of Sana-chan and the very odd way she speaks and the fact that SHE TALKS AT MACH 3!  :o

my hat goes off to those who picked up the license here locally, and I hope they don't pull all their hair out!

My LD boxed sets of Kodocha will sit safe in the closet fur now! :P
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 04:55:01 pm »
Joined the forums just for this reason ;) [:burtonsnowboard]

Gr8 move,...(and thanks for all the anime you have subbed thus far).
KOR is an excellent series but for the shin KOR movie.
And Kimagure pilot also needs to be released in better quality.

I just wanted to know if the quality is better than the mkv ones available out there by 'anime eternal'?...I also have the VHS one by some  'SSX'. Ironically  I liked  the SSX ones too....(Umm, how do I put it, they were a little rich in colour).
Its the second opening from the OVA series..."(Choose Me)" by Yuiko Tsubokura.

What about Dirty pair?
and yes I also have been looking for Yawara.

One more question...are the subs separately available? I usually have a hard time finding just the subs for a series.

It's funny you mention, Dirty Pair! That is our next title after KOR :)

BTW, episode 2 is out on irc this morning. It will be added to bit torrent in a few days.

-Tofu
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:56:35 pm by Tofusensei »
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline spacebutler2

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 06:29:43 pm »
I'm looking forward to the remastered version.  Don't skimp on the bitrate, especially for the soundtrack.  I have my name in the Animeigo LD release and Animeigo deserves all praise in the world for working on this series.

For anyone who thinks this is yet another typical high school love story, you are wrong.  This is not a Tenchi style harem anime or a Madoka vs. Hikaru catfight.

KOR is the best story ever told in anime, Miyazaki aside.  I had to watch it three times to pick up all the nuances of the plot.  Not to get too deep into spoilers, Madoka is very intelligent.  The story is about her and what she wants and how she gets it....

Offline reca02

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 06:49:56 pm »
It's funny you mention, Dirty Pair! That is our next title after KOR :)

BTW, episode 2 is out on irc this morning. It will be added to bit torrent in a few days.

-Tofu

Thats awesome!
Thanks for the info, TS.

Are you guys going to sub KOR OVA and movies as well?
KOR Pilot needs re-mastering too!

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 07:03:04 pm »
Yes, we will do the OVA and the 1st movie.

If anyone has access to the nice raw of KOR Pilot (VHS or LD), we would totally redo it.

-Tofu

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 04:54:36 am »
years. By comparison, none of the awesome 1970s/1980s Leiji Matsumoto series have ever been licensed properly in English, so I'd say its a something of a shame that resources have been diverted to a series which, while admittedly OOP, is still easily available from R1 DVD vendors online, albeit
"Resources have been diverted"... that someone would make this statement shows how little (he) comprehends of what really goes on, in this case especially. 

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 04:55:34 am »
tofu, finish up what you have then ask :D
The resident bastard.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 01:37:45 pm »

Good morning, everyone!

How are you doing on this lovely Sunday? Did you guys in America remember to spring your clocks forward an hour? :)

We are proud to bring you the third installment of Kimagure Orange Road! In episode 3, we have the infamous cheek-to-cheek episode. Some may translate this as “slow dancing,” but as a nostalgic trip for anyone who remembers the original fansubs, we stuck with the phrasing “cheek-to-cheek.” :)

This is a great episode as we get to see Ayukawa get jealous for the first time. Check it out!

Remember, you can only get these episodes on irc for now, so come join us in #live-evil on irc.enterthegame.com

FILE INFO: Filesize is 170,658,924  bytes, CRC is Abcb0003.

Enjoy!

-Tofu

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 01:55:04 pm »
And come to IRC. There's a record break thingy going on which all you can help in ^-^;;.

tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii