Author Topic: The Fate of Initial D  (Read 17171 times)

Offline Renagade

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
The Fate of Initial D
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:48:35 am »
Ok the last episode was aired in Feb. 06. It is now late March 08.

Initial D 4th Stage episode 24 left off with a familiar message of "see you soon" indicating more. Not to mention the whole stage was one prefecture (like 8 races) and then 1 race in another prefecture.

So where the hell are the new episodes?

There is so much more to discuss in the series, too many things to be answered.... how can they end it like that, right in the middle of a story shift?

I really hope some of you guys have some insight, or answers, or something, cuz i think ive been pretty patient.

Thanks again guys.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
Re: The Fate of Initial D
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:10:15 am »
see you soon has been used with other animes and they havent had sequels either its just saying the production agency is done look forward to what they are gonna do next
The resident bastard.

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:05:39 pm »
Dunno why you're getting so grumpy with us. There were 24 episodes in 4th stage and no more. There's been almost nothing out of the franchise since. And even if there were, it's pretty unlikely that we'd do it, considering how most of the staff feels about Initial D.

You could try contacting the studio, but I doubt they'll respond well to a tone like that.

edit:
What Sindo said.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:43:14 am by Blue Mage »
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:46:22 pm »
So where the hell are the new episodes?

There is so much more to discuss in the series, too many things to be answered.... how can they end it like that, right in the middle of a story shift?

I really hope some of you guys have some insight, or answers, or something, cuz i think ive been pretty patient.
If you must know all the gory details this was about when we had the pigcam running and one day one of the pigs escaped and went a bit crazy, he chewed up a lot of wiring, taking out two of the three pigcams and then he had a go at the live-evil main FTP server and took it down too.  When we managed
to bring the server back to life, some files were missing and among those files were the next few episodes of that show nearly ready for release, unfortunately we could not recover them by any means
and hence they were lost.  I know they thought about continuing the project but then realised the show would be old news by the time they were finished and ready to release again so that was the end of that and they moved on to sub other things. 

Offline Renagade

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:10:25 am »
I really ment no disrespect to you guys... i figured it was cancelled and i was frustrated. Thanks for any more info you can provide.

Offline emsko

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 11:14:59 am »
I didn't really think you meant any disrespect, although reading it again, the "where the hell" bit does make it look that way.  But thanks for the apology.

As far as Initial D goes, it seems it was a bad experience all around, even for those who didn't work on it.

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 11:23:53 am »
Don't get me started on THAT. show....
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Heibi

• n00b Hero
  • Old Fansubber
    • View Profile
    • Central Anime
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 02:13:39 am »
Bastard used "See you again" way back in the 90's and nothing. But seriously 4th Stage ended at a point where it should have.  At least there's now filler like Naruto and Bleach, thank your "Lucky Star"'s for that.  And they didn't add jump jets to his Eight-Six either.(Thank the God-Hand) ;)

They'll either do a 5th Stage movie or wait for enough material for a 5th Stage TV series.  Gotta see Takumi get smacked by the golf chick... 8)
Heibi
Central Anime

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 02:08:54 pm »
Bastard used "See you again" way back in the 90's and nothing. But seriously 4th Stage ended at a point where it should have.  At least there's now filler like Naruto and Bleach, thank your "Lucky Star"'s for that.  And they didn't add jump jets to his Eight-Six either.(Thank the God-Hand) ;)

They'll either do a 5th Stage movie or wait for enough material for a 5th Stage TV series.  Gotta see Takumi get smacked by the golf chick... 8)

How about Takumi skids, smacks into a tree in a fiery ball of death?
Now that would be something I would want to see.
But justice for street racing criminals? you NEVER  see that happening in shows like this.
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 01:47:25 pm »

It would actually be pretty funny to see a parody recreation, via anime style, of this scene, IMHO.  [:perchut2]

Offline fringewalker

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »

Now that would be something I would want to see.
But justice for street racing criminals? you NEVER  see that happening in shows like this.

Street racing criminal...wow...I resembled that remark and also failed to die in a huge fiery ball. Of course I also failed to be a never-lose-a-race-drift-king-studmuffin.

I personally would like to see a 5th stage but I think the franchise has probably run it's course.

It's a shame...it should last long enough for one of those losers to keep a girlfriend longer than 2 episodes.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 12:07:22 am »
It's a shame...it should last long enough for one of those losers to keep a girlfriend longer than 2 episodes.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

so true.

Ya a 5th stage would be awesome to see and finish it off complete for good.
I know they can make money off of it
Vash XD