Author Topic: The Daughter of Twenty Faces Discussion Thread  (Read 150725 times)

Offline PlasticYakuza

• Condor Hero
  • Drunken Bishie
    • View Profile
Re: The Daughter of Twenty Faces Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:49 pm »
He understand japanese, just not pig-japanese.  Every once in a while he gets a call from a pig in Japan and is frustrating b'cos he cannot understand.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
libido bending hot signals sending

Offline Lifebane

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2009, 12:35:16 am »
He understand japanese, just not pig-japanese.

That anything like pig-latin?

Offline Lifebane

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2009, 12:42:22 am »

And Tofu Fu-fu, Where's the last episode? Consider yourself officially pestered...

Offline anneelise

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2009, 05:15:42 am »
the series started about a year ago...

it wrapped up last september i believe

FINISH IT PLEASE!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Comic

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2009, 09:31:24 am »
Consider this an additional 'pestering'.  I signed up on the forum just for it, even. [:janfynette]

Offline Greylopht

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2009, 06:49:22 pm »
Pester Pester Pester!

Offline eschiver

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2009, 02:56:54 am »
Pester! :p

Offline anneelise

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2009, 03:42:44 am »
more pestering....

FINISH IT PLEASE OR WE'LL... well we can't do shit actually... we are totally at your mercy... so please... for the love of all things... finish the series!

*begging fangirl*

Offline youguyssuck

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2009, 06:19:29 am »
name says it all

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2009, 01:30:09 am »
By any other measure, having done 21/22 things would be a reason for celebration.

Ie. in the gambling game of blackjack, 21 is the best hand you can have.  22 means you bust, you lose your money.  So 21 is preferable to 22.  We like to keep our money.

Also if you take the number 22 and you subtract one from the first digit, add one to the second digit, you get 13 which especially on a Friday, would be a very unlucky day.  So definately don't count on a Friday release for this one.  We don't want another disaster.

Offline Comic

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2009, 12:19:58 am »
There is just something horribly cruel about not having the final episode . . .

Offline anneelise

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2009, 06:00:37 pm »
you released episode 21 a full 91 days ago... THREE MONTHS AGO!!! seriously... WTF???

this is beyond torture at this point...

Tofu sucks....

when you guys started Daughter of 20 Faces, i told people, "I hope L-E doesn't screw this up with their super slow ways..."

thanks a lot...

Offline PlusQ

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art Page
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2009, 03:17:57 pm »
I just registered to say thank you for all the hard work you do/did translating and putting together this series. I loved it!  [:burtonsnowboard] But it was so under appreciated as a series I think. 

I hope the last episode gets finished some day, but I've waited this long, what's another year? xD

Oh and Consider this your, *PesterPesterPester*  ;D

Offline piotrus

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2009, 09:08:59 pm »
You guys rock for doing all of those cool series. If I have a choice between groups and see LEEL, I'll pick you.

That said, you know why I am posting here, right? :)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2009, 08:09:47 pm »
Since we've gotten so many requests, here's a brief status report.

To whoever sent us the iDog, very funny.  Honestly people we need a real bot, not some kind of robot pet.  Send us a real bot body (with an intact brain) and we'll finish this series.

The pig is listening to your suggestions.  Thank you poppy561, like you suggested we tried downloading his brain data into V-BotSim JAVA applet recently but this just ain't going to cut it.  It made a few posts to ASuki and then started browsing the web and this forum and it just wasn't doing anything useful.  We tried to convince it to translate 22 but it went onto amazon and was about to place an order for 20 pink furby plush dolls so we had to pull the plug.  We're not going to go near V-BotSim again until they fix the Personality Module support.  The old Tofu definately wouldn't have acted that way.

On to the topic of encouragement, this is just as much your project just as it is ours.  We can't do this without fan support.  Pestering the pig ain't going to make it show up any faster.  I don't mean emotional support or support in principle. 

The sooner we get a reliable, working bot to download his brain back into the sooner we can finish this and everyone gets to go home happy. 

I know he broke down at probably the worst time possible but that is just part of what goes on in fansubbing and you have to deal with it.  Other groups have had to deal with worse issues every day, we consider ourselves lucky.  I remember when EF's bot went frankenstein, commandeered their webpage, posted nasty stories about there members, and just generally ran around causing havoc.  When Tofu went, he just went.  It was like a 'pop' and he was gone. 

There's fans out there, lots of fans for this show, you can do it, so c'mon.  Even if you can't order us up new bot, get a used one or something.  Send us one of your old ones you don't need.  There's groups out there with bots that are idling and even one of those older ones would probably suffice.  You won't know until you try.  Not only will this series finally be finished, but you'll also earn the eternal gratitude of the pig.  And that's far more valueable than anything else you'll receive in your life.