Author Topic: The Daughter of Twenty Faces Discussion Thread  (Read 150571 times)

Offline pokute

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Daughter of Twenty Faces Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2009, 07:04:46 pm »
Or in the words of Joe Manco -

"In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend...
  Those who can sub, and those who can only leech.
  You leech."

And then there's whiners...

Offline Ninyekka

• n00b Hero
  • Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • Murmuur
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2009, 06:29:19 am »
Hm.  Well, there are other animes waiting to be watched   [:jar jar].  I wonder which will happen first:  this getting licensed, or L-E to get off their self-important butts  [:barthaliastoxik]
Aaaaaaannd the race is on!!  [:perchut2]

Offline hazuki257

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2009, 09:36:45 am »
WOOT!!! Thank you for your hard work finishing this anime!!!  I had to make an account just so i could say thank you!!!

Offline Wuntvor

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2009, 09:28:24 am »
Hi,   [:hello]

Another person who joined the forum just so I could post here.   ;D

I want to thank all of the people who make up the anime subbing group Live-Evil for their hard work and time.  You produced a great sub for all of us and we appreciate it.  I will say you had me worried.  I was really starting to despair that the last episode would ever be released.  I am glad that it finally was.  [:jar jar]

I am sure that many people watching were curious about the young boy, Yoshio, that is looking for his parents.  When he gets in the car and drives away he is telling his mom he wants to be a detective and join Akechi-san when they get back to Tokyo.  The bag on the seat has his name Kobayashi written on it.  Well folks that is all you need to know to determine exactly why he was put in the last episode.  For those who don't already know "Fiend with Twenty Faces" is a villain from a famous series of Japanese detective novels about detective Kogoro Akechi.  The series was written by Edogawa Rampo in the 1920's and 30's.  Yoshio Kobayashi is Akechi's adopted son, and leader of the Boy Detective Club.  Akechi is married to a woman called Fumio.  To find out more go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kogoro_Akechi

Thanks Live-Evil!  I await your next sub!  Maybe you could finish Ashita no Nadja since nobody else seems to want to.  Rather surprising when you realize that Rosemary Applefield and Nadja Applefield were the first and second place winners of the 2004 Anime Saimoe Tournament  I never have figured out why no fansub group finished this series.  I would think that a show that received first and second place as the most Moe Anime Girl in a series, would have subbers flocking to finish it.   :o   [:love]

Offline Ratatosk

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2009, 03:45:07 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up, it was so long since I watched the rest of the series that I couldn't remember where I'd heard the name Kobayashi..

And thanks for the last episode!